VP8 EM Original Table Godsey's General Store released v1.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Godsey's General Store is a 7 ball game, because that's what I grew up playing in the early 1950s. The slope is 7.5, so the ball can and does get moving good and fast. The table is the same one that Ike and Joh Walton made in the fall of 1940. It was never shown in the TV show, because Cora Beth wouldn't allow it in the store, and it was kept in the shed out back.

The nine red, white and blue bumpers represent the WPA, or Works Progress Administration, a depression era government program to help needy people find work. The 19 drop targets and 6 spinners showcase the artwork of Maude Gormley. The three rollovers at the top left actually camoflage the pool table and a supply of the Baldwin sisters Recipe.

The center Captive Ball game awards 1000 points plus one store credit. At the end of the game, press R for a list of goods you can redeem your store credits for, or see Ike to pay off part of you account, or to barter for items not listed.

Targets and bumpers score 50 ppoints each, with a 7,500 point bonus for dropping all the targets, which isn't as easy as it looks. The extra long flippers have been adjusted to what felt right for me, feel free to adjust to suit yourself.

The playfild image is Rockfish Creek. Try not to get your ball wet. It should be available at VPO soon, or at shivaSite as soon as I get there to upload it

John/tiltjlp

Attachments

• ikegodsey.jpg
    ikegodsey.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 343
tiltjlp, ThankYou for sharing Godsey's General Store!

I love the history AND the table, please give me extended info:

Ike and Joh Walton made in the fall of 1940. It was never shown in the TV show, because Cora Beth wouldn't allow it in the store, and it was kept in the shed out back

:s

Well, legend has it that Ike, John Walton, and sometimes Grandpa Zeb Walton made pinball machines in their spare time. Their plan was to sell them regionally in Virginia and North Carolina. But they decided to ship them the same way that the Walton's sometimes got their lumber to market, by floating them on rafts down the Rockfish Creek, which was really a river. They ended losing most of the pinball machines going through the rapids, so the Godsey Pinball Company never was the success ot should have been. And since Cora Beth was so straight-laced, she wouldn't allow them to turn Codsey's General Store into a pinball showroom/sales office.

Recently John Boy showed me pictures of the seven tables that were built, along with detailed drawings and plans. Even better, he gave me permission to rebuild them using VP. So I'll be making six more Walton themed tables, that is if I can keep my assistant Yancy Tucker sober and away from the neighbor's chicken coops. Or at least that's my version of the legend.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Damonogy48 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back