Goodbye

TheHermit

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
As it is clear that even a simple request to have uncalled insults removed is greeted with still more derogatory coments and uncalled for insults I am leaving this site and VPF for good. :cuss:

I hope eveyone is satisfied. :salut:

Considering this whole thing is childish, I'm very satisfied.
:peace:

Don't forget to send a postcard, though seriously sorry you feel that way, though what can I say you're the one that was throwing around unfounded accusations, come on what did you expect.

Take my word for it 'Hermit.
They got bored when I wasn't there.

So TMFP why don't you make sure that your fellow mods follow the rules instead of making problems worse when arguments start and the flaming begins?
I went back a long time, reading through your posts. I feel it is my duty as a fellow member to say that I found nothing. This quote is probably it. I know. I do. I know it was meant to be helpful and should not have been taken as an attack and it certainly and I mean certainly is not "throwing around unfounded accusations"

On the other hand I have seen your name come up lately, much more than I have seen you about. As you said from Bob, and others that I am sure are only staffers by some cowinkydink . And from all of them, it has been in a demeaning and holier than thou attitude.

You have supported me in the past and I'm sure that that was something for them to grasp at, so I will support you here and now.

THIS IS TALKING, THIS FORUM STUFF. RECORDS MY ASS. IF SOMEONE WANTS SOMETHING TAKEN DOWN, IT SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN. WE ARE NOT WRITTING A HISTORY OF THE WORLD, WE ARE HAVING A CONVERSATION. CAN'T DELETE THREADS AND POSTS MY ASS. YOU DO, WHEN IT SUITS YOU. YOU GIVE THAT SAME STUPID EXCUSE WHEN IT DON'T. THERE IS NO REASON THAT TALKING ON A FORUM NEEDS TO HAVE A RECORD KEPT AND IT DON'T. YOU THINK THERE IS A RECORD KEPT OF EVERY POST EDIT THAT HAS GONE ON. HELL NO, THERE IS A RECORD THAT IS OF THE STATE OF THE FORUMS AS THEY ARE WHEN THE DUMP IS MADE.

YOU THINK THESE PEOPLE KEEP WRITTEN HISTORIES OF THEIR PHONE CALLS, CONVERSATIONS ON THE STREETS, OR IN THE SUPER MARKET. I DON'T. THERE IS NO REASON THAT A POST OR A THREAD, OR AN ACCOUNT DELETION SHOULD EVER BE REJECTED FOR THE STUPID REASON THAT IT WOULD DESTROY THE DATA BASE OR A RECORD NEED TO BE KEPT. BULLSHIT, IT'S BULLSHIT. POST EDITS DESTROY THE DATABASE. SPLITTING THREADS DESTROY THE DATA BASE, MERGES AND NEW THREADS IN OTHER PEOPLES NAMES, THESE ALL CHANGE THE DATABASE, AND THAT IS IF DUMPS ARE BEING MADE CONTINUOUSLY. I'VE BEEN HERE AND THERE A LONG TIME. BELIEVE ME, THE STAFF HAS DELETED A SHITLOAD OF POSTS AND THREADS. THE GUIDELINES SAY THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO DO IT TO POSTS THAT MEMBERS FIND OFFENSIVE OR DID SAY THAT BEFORE. THEY WILL DO IT IN A HEART BEAT IF IT IS SOMETHING OF THEIRS THAT THEY WANT GONE AND IT IS LIKE PULLING THEIR FUCKING TEETH OUT TO GET THEM TO DO IT FOR A REGULAR MEMBER ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE ENJOYING THE CRAP THAT IS GOING ON. AND SOME OF THEM ENJOY NOTHING MORE IN LIFE.

Take my word for it. It will do no good to ask for anything that brought it on. You said the staff should be doing or should do something that they are not. Take my word for it. That is it.

You think they care 'Hermit? They only care that they are there, and that they get all the respect they do not deserve. I too hope they are happy. I know they are, there is a lot of ass kissers there to feed them, and they will find someone else to get rid of as well in order to feed themselves.

Last edited:
Go on Tom. Thank 'Hermit for his post. You know you want to. Asshole.

Pete. Another notch. Way to go man!

Bob, you should just be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Steve.
... I say you're the one that was throwing around unfounded accusations...

I'd explain that if I were you, cause until you do, that's just a unfounded accusation.

Paid or not the staff have responsibilities they are not fulfilling. If they are unable/unwilling then it's time for a complete change of staff at VPF to people who do know how to behave as mods and care what impression their staff are giving elsewhere.

This is false, we the staff have and always have fulfilled our responsibilities.

Paid or not the staff have responsibilities they are not fulfilling
I don't think it's false, and neither does 'Hermit.
The staff might not have responsibilities, but they should. And the first responsibility should be to be fair. Banning a member for something and not giving ice cream to a staffer for the same thing is all the proof that's needed, and that's just a drop in the bucket. You have honesty too. I was told I had 5 minutes to take down an avatar and was banned anyway. That's all the proof that is needed, and that is just a drop in the bucket.

It certainly is debatable, but is just as certainly not unfounded.

If they are unable/unwilling then it's time for a complete change of staff at VPF to people who do know how to behave as mods and care what impression their staff are giving elsewhere
I'm a good debater and I would not touch that one with a ten foot pole, and I don't think you would either.

At any rate, it's a piss poor excuse.

Got anything else?

Last edited:
Hmmmm,
TheHermit, you will have to return and point out where I have insulted you at PN

I disagreed with your position
Last time I checked, it was not an insult to disagree with a person

If you go back and re-read Shockies 'I am banned' thread again, you will find it is you who takes a swipe at me

If you are going to pretend that you don't understand his point, then I'm going to pretend the same.

It was obvious that he was unhappy about how your staff was treating him, and he expected you to do something about it. This has been obvious for a while.

You damn well can tell them to leave him alone at PN. Sure, you don't have to if you don't want to, but you damn well could.

You can say that it is not your place to do that, but if you do, then he has every right to give his opinion that you are not doing what you should.

He volunteered to help on the staff and when you were saying you wanted help. I did as well. You can blow me off and have a reason, even though it is true that I would do a better job of it than you do. But there was no good reason to reject him. The reason was the number of posts he had at the time, and I agree that that was a piss poor excuse, and the number of posts was not the point. The point was that you asked for volunteers and got them, then it became obvious that you did not want volunteers. I was insulted to be rejected, and I knew you were just blowing smoke. Jason had no way of knowing.

Personally, I think it would be great to have an Admin. that has a hand in working with VP, and more of an interest, but we are not even talking about the admin position but a moderator, which would really be a good position for someone with his talent.

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot the moral of the story,

Jason thought he would be good at the job.

Last time I checked, it was not an insult to disagree with a person

Sometimes it is.

Shockman, I am on at least 4 forums that also have StevOz as a member
I am not about to judge him on what he does on any forum but VPForums

Bob is a memeber of PN, just like everyone else
PN has more relaxed rules than VPF
those rules are set by Jon, not me

I would just like to say and I mean this from the bottom of my heart.... I am sorry Hermie if I have gotten under your skin.... If you want me to delete or edit "anything" I have posted to or about you, then you can point to those posts and I will gladly edit them.

I don't call you "Hermie" out of disrespect, I love saying "Hermie" One of the old guys that use to belong to my club was affectionately called "Hermie" and every time I type "Hermie" I think of him. Sometimes, I forget that not everyone is use to being ribbed and they may take me too seriously.... I'm 55 yrs old and I spent my life surrounded by a bunch of guys who took agitating each other to another dimension.

I usually don't pick on someone unless they have come across as a strong enough person to handle it or they themselves are an agitator. I may have misjudged you, I thought you were an agitator and could give as well as receive and I really just humored myself a few times at your expense. Once again, I apologize and I don't like to see anyone leave the VP community, especially a contributor to the community.

Bob, you should just be fucking ashamed of yourself.

I love you Phil, do you want to play some pool? I've been playing the game "blackjack" there..... You try to get to 21 by adding the balls up that you shoot in.

I already told you Pete, I agree that you did not do anything wrong to cause the issue here at PN, but I do think you failed to do something right to avoid it. You do judge people on what they say here, and you could tell your staff to not harass your members off site as well. I told you as well that I agree that you don't have to if you do not want to.

I would much more like to debate you on the second point in my post. The one you avoided entirely.

Bob. I need to go to bed, but I would like to try the 21 with you soon.
I have played a few games. Strange concept. The game can be over, but you still have to shoot. I don't think there is another pool game like that.
Say you have 16 and the other player has 20. It's your shot and there is no ball on the table that is lower than an 6. Game over, but shoot anyway. This has happened to me. I have also scored 22 on the break, game over, I loose.

Last edited:
Shockman, if TheHermit wants to ask why I would not have him as a moderator, I will answer him.
But if he has left the scene, I see not reason to discus it here

We did learn something though when we asked for moderators publicly in an open thread.... We learned if someone stepped up and volunteered publicly, then were turned down, that it could be insulting or embarrassing. You'll notice that we are still looking for new moderators and this time we posted a locked thread and asked for a PM from interested parties.

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46023

One person responded and he has been added to the staff.

Really? Could it be that that one person was me? I remember sending a PM to TMFP and getting a response, saying at the end: "Anyway, I will put your name up in the staff area and get back to you in a couple of days." I haven't got another response yet and thought that it would take its time, but now that you say that someone was added to the staff, I can't help but notice it again.

I'm sorry if this is off-topic. But then again, there seems to be more of this sort here and it gets treated more loosely than at VPF.

The McD

Hey, The McD! Cool that you already feel appropriate to fulfil the job. But be warned! It's sounds easy to moderate (a VPF subforum), but only if there's no trouble at all. You also need to be prepared for some strange members like ... and ... and ... (just insert some names of your choice). You need to be 100% sure that you don't feel pissed after the first conflict. If you want and get the job I wish you good luck. I don't want to see you burnt sooner or later, but I fear exactly this. Think about and make sure that you don't draw this card by accident:
Arschkarte_kl.jpg

Bah... I've had to deal with worse than what I've seen so far (with the exception of Shockman, but since it's OTI, I don't care too much).

We'll see how it turns out.

The McD

OTI?

Ok, however, you didn't sound that convincing in another matter and that made me doubtfully.

Good luck then, anyway.

TheMcD, you would make a terrible moderator.

With all the requirements met, when do you start?

Not a peep out of you concerning the loosing of another member, but when you think it is about you, Bam, here you are.

And wtf is OTI?

We did learn something though when we asked for moderators publicly in an open thread.... We learned if someone stepped up and volunteered publicly, then were turned down, that it could be insulting or embarrassing. You'll notice that we are still looking for new moderators and this time we posted a locked thread and asked for a PM from interested parties.

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46023

One person responded and he has been added to the staff.
Who? Is the staff now a secret?
You should;
Be a regular contributor (already log on almost every day)
Have a sense of humor
Understand that there is usually two sides to every story
Know that nobody is 100% wrong, nor 100% right
Have a thick skin
You damn right you should, but why change now?

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back