GoPinball

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
It looks like the GoPinball site is gone. I guess they must have gotten tired of it being a spam magnet.

it was just a matter of time, the spam filled the whole server, which in my opinion went haywire!

a piece of our history, goes away like this, will the administrators do something? this is a million dollar question !!

Great question on this. Obviously the server is still there with a custom 404 (if you goto the root gopinball.com) but the forum app has been probably taken over.

GoPinball and PinSimDB are on the same server. PinSimDB is still there and doesn't get quite as much spam as GoPinball.

@madmrmax

Wake up neo !​

I mean... that looks like a pretty obvious hack, no?

I could almost see someone as a grey-hat hacker saying: okay, let's pick a long-abandoned site and see how easy it is to break in. Then a few minutes later: Done!

Mais non? :hmm1:

pinsimdb is out.
n'est plus référencé comme avant par les moteurs de recherche , faut taper l'url en entier

Last edited:
Still there fastdraw. Might be your connection.

Concerning just GoPinball, they just can say OK we are tired. if somebody can mainted the site, we are OK. But not...

tu ne peux pas contacter LVR ou son cousin the nalex , pour faire le point ....
pour moi the Nalex a fermé le forum définitivement....ou bien il est en stand-by pour maintenance.......

ici son seul compte git (lvr et sk1 alias beta-tester je suppose ), depuis le 15 mai 2013 plus rien.....
PinsimDB.

Last edited:
I only contacted them via GoPinball's PM. If I had their address, I would have contacted them a long time ago...

And pinsimdb is off too. "Wake up Neo!" is what it says

And pinsimdb is off too. "Wake up Neo!" is what it says
Seems like it's back up now. But yikes, that does seem ominous.

FWIW, looks like the Internet Archive's backup dates to 9-2020, which is built upon torrent-content, I believe.

Last edited:
I think it is better if someone starts to backup their tables... just in case.

But there are torreents sets out there... not updated for a while not though.

I've been saying this for ages.

I mean, if it's Archive.Org, then yeah... that's how that works.

More specifically, the primary sites should be doing way more scraping and preserving.

We're collectively DROPPING THE BALL here, to put it in plain terms.

But there are torreents sets out there... not updated for a while not though.
To save more than 2 000 tables? Good luck!
But in fact, if we have to create a new FP's database, I think we could (you, me, others, ...) have about 80% of all tables.
My really probem is GoPinball's posts. And when GoPinball was created, my really problem was FP's forum posts. We just lost a ton of good posts and some history.

I have 539GB worth of tables betweeen vp and fp.

VP latest update was from june, 10th 2021 and FP was May, 13th 2021

It may be that a few GoPinball posts are saved and archived in the Wayback machine...

It's a damned tragedy losing all that history.
I also skimmed through the slim pickings.

I've been saying this for ages.

I mean, if it's Archive.Org, then yeah... that's how that works.

More specifically, the primary sites should be doing way more scraping and preserving.

We're collectively DROPPING THE BALL here, to put it in plain terms.

It seemed an eventual likelihood that pinsimdb may go down some day. That was why I started getting my tables up here and at VPF more, but I never did find time to do a mass download of all of them. If there are any missing and somebody has them, I don't have a problem with them being uploaded here. This site is the current home of the FP community anyway. I would hope other table authors would be OK with it too.

But I wouldn't say anybody was dropping the ball. After all, you don't have to look far to find times that drama followed uploads to sites. Perhaps we need to rethink our attitudes on this for the good of preserving our work?

But I wouldn't say anybody was dropping the ball. After all, you don't have to look far to find times that drama followed uploads to sites. Perhaps we need to rethink our attitudes on this for the good of preserving our work?
Agree, preservation is not anyone's specific role or duty IMO. That's why I added "collectively."

But the fact that helpful elves took the trouble to upload a vast amount of content to Archive.Org immediately proves me wrong in some ways. I guess what I'm sad about is the missing context that often gets lost when things get stripped down to just the resource, so to speak.

Yah, certainly a good rethink about this stuff is always welcome. That said, as a liberal-inclined wannabe-optimist in life, my relentless, battered takeaway is that the body of us naked apes in fact act for short-term gains & convenience again and again, like ~99% of the time. This can be... an issue.

Generally-speaking, it seems to require an extraordinary person and effort (plus supporting team & the right conditions) to create incredibly awesome public-benefit projects like WP, A.O, & MAME.

*shrug*

Archive.org is slow as hell for dloads and it would take anyone an eternity to dload over 500GBs worth of tables and misc stuff that is now plain worthless. I for one rarely use it.

But like I said before I have a LOT of stuff updated until last year's May or June for FP and VP, respectively so there's a lot of history in there albeit, much is of course, just that, history :)
My point is, what tables, updated or not are available somewhere and is it worth it to preserve... VP folder alone has 122 folders in it starting with this:
- VP [Dx9 PinMame tables [mods, Hacks]
- VP [PhysMod] Tables
- VP [PhysMod] Tables
- VP [PhysMod5] Tables [FullScreen+WideScreen]
- VP [PhysMod5] Tables [MODs, HACKs]
- VP [VP1-VP6] PinMame Tables
... and then repeats for original table, origintal tables flipperless, recreated... and then repeat for vp6/7/8/9... you get the idea :D

FP has only 7 folders: Misc, original tables, original flipperless/mods and hacks, and same for recreated.
The Misc folder is actually interesting with templates and demo tables and also some gems: @Gimli Template - CustomBallNew6_gimli-BAM.zip :D
Also contains libs from wolf and zed stuff which are actually still used today and I know tha

Point is, i'm talking about VERY old stuff and I myself been wondering why am I wasting over 500gb on this.
As a fun fact, I have zips with files last modified in 1996!

This site used to have many FP tables saved but the main page says they had a hardware crash. They say they are going to restore everything that was there but they have not done the FP tables yet:

It has been like that for months now. Since they were forced to shutdow, they're taking the opportunity to redo stuff that was long due (last information I recall reading)

Wow, that's an enormous library of pirated books on there. No wonder they had troubles. Plenty of publishers would be out for blood.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back