Guests have limited posting ability

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
I've been thinking about this for a while, but never got around to asking Jon his opinion. Since he has stepped down as Site Admin, I decided to go ahead with the change. For now on, guests can post anywhere registered members can. While I can't understand why anyone who visits here more than a few times wouldn't be willing to register, all visitors can now post.

The only expections are the VP/VPM Troubleshooting Guide section that Phoenixx is creating, rxvept for the Submit A Question thread. And of course, I'm the only one who can start a thread in my personal "tiltjlp spouts off" section, which I use to voice my opinions.

Just keep in mind that if things get out of hand with Guests posting inappropriate garbage, I can always switch the settings back to take away posting privledges. Our one rule still applies, Don't make a fool of yourself.

John

john guests always could post
once or twice I have replied without logging in, back when the login cookie only lasted a week
came up as a guest post

oh and since you are the top cheese john. I do have a request

the bandwidth hogging (no, I am not having a swipe at JPH) sidescroller, could the images be kept to just Flipperless tables, either real, recreations or originals?

this site is slow enough to load up without off topic pics.

TheManFromPOST said:
oh and since you are the top cheese john. I do have a request

the bandwidth hogging (no, I am not having a swipe at JPH) sidescroller, could the images be kept to just Flipperless tables, either real, recreations or originals?

this site is slow enough to load up without off topic pics.

Well, at least in theory, the settings have always been set to let guest to post in Site Suggestions only. so maybe there is/was a glitch.

As for the scrolling images, I'll see if I can figure a way to limit that, but I doubt if it can be done. And as for being the top cheese, even when I wasn't I've always been the cheesiest. I prefer the sharpest horseradish cheddar possible, in case you are planning on sending me a holiday gift pack. :p

John

John has disabled Guest posting, I'm not dead and was peeved about the settings that ALLOWED ANYONE in the world to upload and post files in any topic... I have always demanded a very loose registration process but allowing guests to post is a nightmare..

Jon

JonPurpleHaze said:
John has disabled Guest posting, I'm not dead and was peeved about the settings that ALLOWED ANYONE in the world to upload and post files in any topic... I have always demanded a very loose registration process but allowing guests to post is a nightmare..

Jon

That has to be one of the worst ideas I ever had. I can't tell you why I enabled global posting. Must have done it on one of my off days. And no, thankfully you're still alive and kicking Jon. And although you said you gave the site to me, it was and still is your site, as far as I'm concerned.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back