Halloween - Big Bloody Mike (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table BAM FP Halloween - Big Bloody Mike (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 2.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

Halloween (Ultimate Pro) - "Big Bloody Mike" - PinEvent - No matter where you hide... on the playfield...or the game room... Michael Myers WILL find you!

Prepare for the creepiest pinball game ever! My new "Big Bloody Mike" mod to my PinEvent update of SLAMT1LT's Halloween table now has Michael Myers literally stalking you on the playfield and in your game room! You can try to run away in VR.... but he will always follow you and find you wherever you hide!

Using the newest features of BAM for custom animated FBX models and "real" spotlight flashers, allows for a pinball horror experience only seen before in AAA PC games...

Read more about this resource...

Update: there is a reflection issue I need to fix for MM appearing on the upper playfield when Reflections are enabled.

A fix is coming...

Update 1.31 Now Available

- fixes for Custom Models (Michael Myers and stand) appearing through playfield and cabinet when reflections were enabled
- had to remove movements of MM rising and lowering into the ground, as well as hiding behind backbox

Bonjour
Je suis en mode desktop , tout est à jour mais j ai ce message au chargement de la table , je n' utilise donc pas la version bloody mike

Attachments

• hal.png
    hal.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 101
Bonjour
Je suis en mode desktop , tout est à jour mais j ai ce message au chargement de la table , je n' utilise donc pas la version bloody mike

Do the same things you needed to do for Star Wars PinEvent to work.

"Your" system is blocking access to the PinEvent vbs files for some reason, and the smoke's ball rolling code (which for this table is part of PinEvent vbs files) is not able to run.

All I can tell you is that you need to figure out what is blocking your FP and BAM folders and files.

Merci beaucoup pour votre aise et vos conseils précieux
j ai remis à jour mes 4 fichiers PinEvent et là super !
Tout marche bien
et j arrive à avoir peur !
Bravo !

Need to watch your videos on installing pinevents again i need pup player to use this also correct?

Need to watch your videos on installing pinevents again i need pup player to use this also correct?

No.

All PinEvent tables will run without PuP installed. You just won't get to use PuP features.

You only need the 4 PinEvent vbs files installed in "FuturePinball \ Scripts", and the newest BAM installed.

Awesome didnt know and yes I know you need the vbs files

No.

All PinEvent tables will run without PuP installed. You just won't get to use PuP features.

You only need the 4 PinEvent vbs files installed in "FuturePinball \ Scripts", and the newest BAM installed.
Hey Terry honor to talk to you. The only thing that holds me off installing PUP is that I have to turn arcade mode off in FP I leave it enabled in BAM to get backglass to show both screens (videos on backglass) correct? What are the disadvantages of doing this? In your install guide for BAM you say to have arcade mode on for both FP and BAM for my cabinet with 2 screens. Btw how does SLamit do his videos on the playfields and on backglass without needing pup? What does arcade mode truely do anyways can this be controlled in the cfg file?

I do have these already installed in my scripts folder
1604580179873.png

Last edited:
Hey Terry honor to talk to you. The only thing that holds me off installing PUP is that I have to turn arcade mode off in FP I leave it enabled in BAM to get backglass to show both screens (videos on backglass) correct? What are the disadvantages of doing this? In your install guide for BAM you say to have arcade mode on for both FP and BAM for my cabinet with 2 screens. Btw how does SLamit do his videos on the playfields and on backglass without needing pup? What does arcade mode truely do anyways can this be controlled in the cfg file?

I do have these already installed in my scripts folder
View attachment 15809

Be sure you have the latest version of PinEvent vbs files installed (1.4)

The only purpose for turning off the FP Backglass and Arcade mode in video settings (they both MUST be enabled or disabled together) is to prevent the FP Backglass from obstructing the PuP Video backglass and pup dmd (and to prevent focus problems,etc).

So my guide is recommending this to be done for PinEvent tables only. Those settings are only set in Windows the registry. You can change those by running the commands I showed from your front-end to disable them for PinEvent tables... and then run other commands to re-enable them for other FP tables. Its all right there in the guide.

Videos on tables like SLAM's tables, or my update to MOTU are done using FP Image sequences and overlays. To put it simply... it's just a bunch of low resolution jpg images all loaded to ram and played back. This is extremely limiting (lower res, less fps, etc) compared to PuP for this purpose because FP can only use so much since it's all loaded into ram and is part of the table. Try to use too much and the table will crash. Also, FP can't use modern text for DMD / scores, and combine that with full colour HD video,etc.

Be sure you have the latest version of PinEvent vbs files installed (1.4)

The only purpose for turning off the FP Backglass and Arcade mode in video settings (they both MUST be enabled or disabled together) is to prevent the FP Backglass from obstructing the PuP Video backglass and pup dmd (and to prevent focus problems,etc).

So my guide is recommending this to be done for PinEvent tables only. Those settings are only set in Windows the registry. You can change those by running the commands I showed from your front-end to disable them for PinEvent tables... and then run other commands to re-enable them for other FP tables. Its all right there in the guide.

Videos on tables like SLAM's tables, or my update to MOTU are done using FP Image sequences and overlays. To put it simply... it's just a bunch of low resolution jpg images all loaded to ram and played back. This is extremely limiting (lower res, less fps, etc) compared to PuP for this purpose because FP can only use so much since it's all loaded into ram and is part of the table. Try to use too much and the table will crash. Also, FP can't use modern text for DMD / scores, and combine that with full colour HD video,etc.
Ok cool your guide does show how to do this in registry, I assume I can enable disable arcademode and backglass with with pinx when the table loads running the regx commands true? I know you showed a example of popper maybe I should switch to that front end.

Last edited:
Ok cool your guide does show how to do this in registry, I assume I can enable disable arcademode and backglass with with pinx when the table loads running the regx commands true? I know you showed a example of popper maybe I should switch to that front end.

How you choose to run those commands in PBX is up to you.

If you run them from a BAT file when launching PinEvent FP tables, you can try that....and do the same for the enabling commands when exiting a FP table.

PBX doesn't have the same Games Manager features like Popper does... so I'm not sure if you can do all of this from your normal FP emulator in PBX while also being able to have the BG and Arcade mode enabled foir normal FP tables.

The easiest solution for most with PBX / Y is to create another FP - PinEvent emulator system in PBX (and you only add PinEvent tables to that). Then you can add the disable commands for only that FP-PinEvent emulator (and also not run FutureDMD and disable DOFLinx,etc as needed)...and then your normal FP emulator system can have the enable commnds.

How you choose to run those commands in PBX is up to you.

If you run them from a BAT file when launching PinEvent FP tables, you can try that....and do the same for the enabling commands when exiting a FP table.

PBX doesn't have the same Games Manager features like Popper does... so I'm not sure if you can do all of this from your normal FP emulator in PBX while also being able to have the BG and Arcade mode enabled foir normal FP tables.

The easiest solution for most with PBX / Y is to create another FP - PinEvent emulator system in PBX (and you only add PinEvent tables to that). Then you can add the disable commands for only that FP-PinEvent emulator (and also not run FutureDMD and disable DOFLinx,etc as needed)...and then your normal FP emulator system can have the enable commnds.
Sounds good thanks for the help i will look at popper to replace my front end Im not that impressed with Pinx. Alot of reading to do to get popper set up :). Setting variables for tables in Popper that use PinEvent sounds easier than having two versions of pinx in my cabinet..

Also with Popper I can remap controls for tables correct as my cab has magna save 1 and 2 I want to remap them to special 1 and 2 or 2nd flippers only for certain tables.

Last edited:
Using the same idea in Popper (as the example for disabling the FP BG and Arcade mode) for changing the FP settings in the registry for different controls per table can be done yes.

Once you understand hoiw batch (BAT script works... you can do a lot if custom things in Popper. Popper's a bit more to setup at first, and does things differently... but once you understand it.. it's pretty powerful.

hmm pup register is not opening a setup screen. Do i need freezy whatever that is first he didnt go into detail on that in video?

hmm pup register is not opening a setup screen. Do i need freezy whatever that is first he didnt go into detail on that in video?

Follow that video in order. Keep in mind... much of that video is referring to VPX related stuff that doesn't apply to FP / PinEvent, such as freezy and pupb2s driver,etc. (unless you have a real dmd)

For FP, you just need to install the files and run the PinUpPlayerRegister.bat as administrator. then setup your pup displays like I mention in the PinEvent guide.

I may finally get around to doing a more updated PuP install video and finally a PinEvent install and setup video. The thing is... there are SO many different cabinet setups out there, and desktop and VR,etc... that its hard to do a video like that for everyone without making the video really long.

Last edited:
ok cool thought I was doing something wrong

ok cool thought I was doing something wrong

If the files are installed correctly, and pup is registered correctly... then you can at any time go back and run PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat to setup / change your pup displays.

I am missing something where is pinupdmd and where is the pinupplayerscofig.bat file?

found it for some reasons some files didnt copy strange. ok moved it to 2nd screen 1080x1920 looked ok in setup.

still no video do i use the directory and move it to video dir or just the stuff inside?

Ok got the backglass to display now i need to work on how to get videos and dmd to also

Last edited:
I am missing something where is pinupdmd and where is the pinupplayerscofig.bat file?

found it for some reasons some files didnt copy strange. ok moved it to 2nd screen 1080x1920 looked ok in setup.

still no video do i use the directory and move it to video dir or just the stuff inside?

Ok got the backglass to display now i need to work on how to get videos and dmd to also

Once you have pup properly installed... everything you need to know is in the PinEvent install guide.

You should have disabled Windows Defender while installing Pup, and you should also have exceptions for the entire PuP folder (or some files may be removed and cause problems).

The best solution would be to disable Defender permanently, and use another antivirus like MalwareBytes.

Last edited:
using option 0 i can see the backglass now videos seem to try to pop up taking full backglass but just black screen for video part. Also no dmd.

I am using AVG defender is off AVG is in not disturb mode I do not think its the antivirus.

using option 0 i can see the backglass now videos seem to try to pop up taking full backglass but just black screen for video part. Also no dmd.

Make sure you are reading "all" of the PinEvent guide.

You need to be sure all your pup displays are setup and positioned and sized correctly (with the proper aspect ratio).

"Your" cabinet setup will be different from many other people, so you may need to change some settings first.

Do you have a dedicated DMD (4:1 ratio, standard DMD size) monitor / display? If so then you need to set in PinEvent_Settings.vbs:

pupdmddrivertype = 0

...as well as run the BAT for Option 0 in the pup-pack folder.

If you have a 3rd monitor that is 16:9 ratio (like a modern Stern), then in PinEvent_Settings,vbs:

pupdmddrivertype = 2

...as well run the BAT for Option 2 in the pup-pack folder.

If you only have a 2 screen setup... then you need to know "what" ratio your backglass monitor is... as there are a few options you need to choose from...and each will use pupdmddrivertype = 2....but two pup-pack options use your pup Game Select position for reference, whereas the "FullDMD on BG" uses your pup BG for size and reference.

Proper setup is important. It's not hard... but you need to know what "your" setup is using so you can configure everything properly. Once PinEvent has been properly setup... then for "most" other PE tables... you only need to run the BAT file Option for your setup, and that's it.

Last edited:
ok setting that option to 0 helped I am getting video but the fonts are way to big off the screen. I have currently until my 4:3 monitor comes in a 1080x1920 table and a 1080x1920 backglass monitor maybe its because my backglass is set to 16:9 is the issue. I will soon have my 4:3 monitor coming I will try to set my 2nd monitor up for 1280x1024 and see if it looks better as that is what my new monitor will be at.

nope even setting that the fonts are way too big.

so now i see at least the dmd but no videos yet i do not know if you show one at the start as it stays black and then i get the dmd showing credits.

Last edited:
ok setting that option to 0 helped I am getting video but the fonts are way to big off the screen. I have currently until my 4:3 monitor comes in a 1080x1920 table and a 1080x1920 backglass monitor maybe its because my backglass is set to 16:9 is the issue. I will soon have my 4:3 monitor coming I will try to set my 2nd monitor up for 1280x1024 and see if it looks better as that is what my new monitor will be at.

nope even setting that the fonts are way too big.

I will say again... read ALL of the PinEvent install Guide.

If you aren't using the correct aspect ratio for the correct pup displays being used.... then pupdmd fonts will NOT fit and scale correctly.

You need to be VERY specific as to what your Backglass monitor's resolution is.... as that will determine what pupdmddrivertype will be used... and what pup display is used for reference (and what ratio needs to be used).... and what pup-pack option is used.

If everyone used the same setup.... this would be super simple... but 2 screen setups are by far the biggest pain because there are so many different standards out there... and PinEvent tables are the "only" tables that have PuP-Pack options for all of them. (but "you" need to know what you have)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back