Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Isaac Sauvage submitted a new resource:

Hanna-Barbera musical cues collection - Flintstones & Jetsons

This is a collection of three dozen musical cues (i.e. incidental background music) from the original Flintstones & Jetsons series, parsed in to MP3 files and ready to be used in tables.

If you're familiar with the series, these should instantly bring a nostalgic smile to your face, as they're some of the iconic music that played during memorable plot turns (particularly on the Flintstones). Personally, I believe these music files would also be useful for a range of retro cartoon, space...

Read more about this resource...

I love all those funny sounds. The music interludes would certainly be good for modes and transitions.

I haven't really looked around, but I wonder if there are some good HB-themed originals in the FP-VP scene? Wacky Races by Eala and Jetsons by Stein are two examples, but they're pretty ancient at this point.

Just in case anyone wants to do a My Little Pony pinball...

So, I wound up discovering *another* three-dozen primo music cues, plus some interesting storyboards, and even some Flintstones ViewMaster 3D reels. (remember those?)

Now I'm almost done looking through the 13-yr YOWP archives, and will soon reupload with the new content.

Ah, and just as a fun accidental-- crawling through the archive also reacquainted me with Snuffles, the most grateful dog in the universe upon his beloved treat:

And... just for fun, attached is one of my age-old favorites, Fred in the computer age!

Attachments

• 6flintstone-computer.gif
    6flintstone-computer.gif
    161.1 KB · Views: 8
So, I wound up discovering *another* three-dozen primo music cues, plus some interesting storyboards, and even some Flintstones ViewMaster 3D reels. (remember those?)

Being a View-Master collector since my childhood, I still have my original FLINTSTONES View-Master packet. The scenics (people and places) were my favorite VM reels, but I also like the old cartoon favorites that were done with puppet figures instead of drawings.

1667828774412.png

Being a View-Master collector since my childhood, I still have my original FLINTSTONES View-Master packet. The scenics (people and places) were my favorite VM reels, but I also like the old cartoon favorites that were done with puppet figures instead of drawings.

1667828774412.png
Ah, sweet! So how big's your collection?
Also, does the story booklet above contain text-only, more images, or..?

I recall having a Winnie-the-Pooh VM set, and some of the dioramas were downright gorgeous. They definitely made great use of the puppets, or plasticine / clay I suppose.

Below is one of the sample pics I found at YOWP.

Attachments

• PEBBLY POO.jpg
    PEBBLY POO.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 5
Ah, sweet! So how big's your collection?
Also, does the story booklet above contain text-only, more images, or..?

I recall having a Winnie-the-Pooh VM set, and some of the dioramas were downright gorgeous. They definitely made great use of the puppets, or plasticine / clay I suppose.

Below is one of the sample pics I found at YOWP.
Over 400 Sawyers single reels and 970+ 3-reel packets.

Most of the packets have 4-color line drawings. In the 1970s View-Master switched to issuing their sets in blister-cards that no longer included booklets, a real step backwards in my opinion. Many of the blister-pak sets were just reissues of the older packet reels but many of the scenics did feature updated images, so I collected as many of those variants I could find.

Needless to say, 3-D movies and 3-D pinball are important to me.

For some reason I've always gotten a strange kick out of early HB stills, so I've included a little collection of ~50 funky stills with the new music.

Some of them are simply funny in the 'comedic situational sense,' but some are weird & wild in-between stills that the viewer would only see for a moment or two. In addition to the samples in the table entry, here's a couple more examples:

Attachments

• Foxy Grandma.jpg
    Foxy Grandma.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 4
  • The Sweepstakes Ticket - another great Fred face.jpg
    The Sweepstakes Ticket - another great Fred face.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 4
  • The Gambler.jpg
    The Gambler.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 4
One of the things I really enjoyed about the Yowp blog was learning how so many different animators typically worked on a single HB episode, typically to meet deadline productions, of course. Such often resulted in the same characters being drawn noticeably differently across the very same episode. Now, when I was just a YooHoo-slurping kid, I'm sad to say that I barely noticed that stuff, but as an adult?!

In any case, HB fans and repeat-viewers tend to notice that stuff, pretty-much forming the question "WTF," as in-- 'why these major differences?' which is a pretty normal question I think as an HB fan.

The relevant answer lies in how HB proportioned the work across its workforce. For example, for many of them, an animator's job lay in slavishly copying the 'templates.' It was A-priority #1, so to speak. At the same time, more well-paid, recognised animators (for example, those from the Tom & Jerry cartoons, which was William Hanna & Joseph Barbera's first major success) evidently had a larger leash.

Meaning, they had much more individual play in terms of how they chose to animate the characters. The whole Flintstones series is quite chock full of examples, when you look close-enough.

For example, ever hear of Don Martin, of 'MAD Magazine' fame?
Any younger fans of MAD here, at all?

Now look at the first thumbnail popout-pic above, and tell me that's NOT Don-inspired! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back