Harlem Globetrotters On Tour (Bally, 1979) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Harlem Globetrotters (Back & Badder Than Ever!) v1.1 Released! v1.1r by rob046 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

rob046

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Yes this is an update of my 2005 release. Basically I noticed that it wasn't really available anywhere and I wanted to make it available again. So rather than just uploading the old version, I did do some updates. And so those who do have my '05 version, definitely grab this one.

Some graphical improvements (mainly the new apron) and a number of little detailed tweaks with the table (table parts/components) and the gameplay (both in script and in the table itself). I won't list all the changes since there are so many subtle one's and maybe just a few that are more notable. Just know that it is definitely worthy of being called an update! Oh, and definitely check out the "read me" file first. Spent a lot of time figuring out all the proper factory defaults for 3 & 5 ball (and the 7 digit roms as well) and I created 4 nvram's people can use to easily get the proper table dip settings.

One reason this isn't a huge update is mostly because I'm burned out on this table (after making it for FP as well) and I didn't want to spend more than a couple days since I told people I would get it released again.

I never was thrilled with the graphics on this table. Yeah I did spend time with them, for sure, but the source material I had at the time was pretty bad. In fact, what you see on this table is a somewhat crappy flyer image that I photoshopped for days just to get it to look OK and clean it up. That flyer image makes up 100% of the plastics and playfield! Other than that just a few reel images.

What sucks is that after I released this table for VPM, me and popotte made a FP version, for which I spent much more time cleaning up and photoshopping the playfield/plastics. For that reason I kind of wish I would have made the FP version first and used those better graphics I made for this VPM recreation, but it is what it is.
I would love to swap my new playfield and plastic photoshop work onto this table for an update, but given the drop wall lights, decals, and reels involved with the table, that would mean I would have to spend a lot more time with the table, which I'm not really up to doing right now.

Maybe in the future. But for now, enjoy this version! Uploaded at here at PN!

Attachments

• Harlem_Globetrotters_rob046.jpg
    Harlem_Globetrotters_rob046.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 498
Thanks Rob, plays great, better then ever, fun classic game from my favourite era, SS pinball rules! :clap:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back