Hats Off to Bill Gates!

sleepy

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Titanic Hospital
I think Mr. Gates has become my new hero.
The Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) Conference was held in Long Beach this past week. The conference is known to attract technology kings, politicians, and Hollywood stars.

It was Bill Gates' turn to take the stage.

"Malaria is spread by mosquitoes," Gates said while opening a jar onstage. "I brought some. Here I'll let them roam around. There is no reason only poor people should be infected."

:) :cheers:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usitinternethealthfinancegates;_ylt=AuRV.QQfx4vo9jvf5haUsKnWn414

Please Note that I discreetly re-edited the story as it was so badly written, however, the events as stated are true.

:) :cheers:

how did he know none of the mosquitos were carrying a disease or nobody in the audience was allergic to bites?

it would have been more appropriate if he had stuck his head into a big jar of mosquitos.
that way he might have better understood people who have had to deal with he and microsoft.

Well, if anyone in the audience was in fact allergic to mosquito bites, then once the jar was opened, they didn't stay seated.

Of course it would help if the mosquitoes were male. Only female mosquitoes bite.
Otherwise, given the status and assumed wealth of the audience, I'm sure they could afford the Doctor as could Mr. Gates, though lawyers can be a bitch.

Seriously though, I'm sure they came from a movie insect supplier disease-free. Have you ever seen those ads many years ago where the hand reaches in to the terrarium full of mosquitos to demonstrate the power of an insect repellant? Those were hand-selected male mosquitoes.

Yeah. I was cussing M$ just last night for changing their programming syntax every year, after the upteenth time I copied sample code into a test project only to have the compiler fail the syntax. How changing the syntax every year or two constitutes any kind of standard language is beyond me.

yes, the males have little feather-duster antennae and like to gather by lights at night, like other insects.

i hadn't thought of their role in the insect repellant commercial before, but yes, they'd be perfect. full of interesting info are you, as usual.

what is your test project?

No project. Just trying to get my feet wet with source code for detecting joystick input, but the VB6 code that I found is deprecated in VB Express 2005. Two nights ago I tried a code snippet for drawing a Direct2D rectangle, a very rudimentary standard procedure except the VB6 version will not work at all in VB2005 without a heavy syntax rewrite.
This is my common experience with VB, whereas I can usually find code for open source compilers like DEV C++ and have it run right away, except those do not have a lot of tutorial code available. There, I usually find doc examples that are not applicable, just like trying to use VBScripting in Visual Pinball.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back