Heavy Hitter (Bally, 1947) VP9

VP9 Bally EM Flipperless Pitch and Bat Recreation Heavy Hitter, 1948 by Bally for VP9! v3.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
Massive update for Visual Pinball 9!

Now at the download area!

Playfield cleaned up, new backglass, ACTUAL game play with timer and high score saving!

Enjoy the update folks!!!

Attachments

• HHitterVP9pic.JPG
    HHitterVP9pic.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 360
Wow, that backglass probably looks better than when it came from the factory brand new.

Yeah, I was shocked when I found it. I saw it and felt like Heavy Hitter needed an update. Enjoy folks.

I tried it...it's pretty fun (and a little hard...best I've been able to get is 2 runs)

One question: Did the original game let you swing the bat more than once after the ball was pitched. Most pitch-and-bat type games like this didn't allow you to swing the bat more than once regardless of the era it was made. As I recall Harry Mabs at Gottlieb was working on a similar pitch-and-bat game back in '46 and he accidentally overrode that limitation, leading to the advent of flippers on Humpty Dumpty a year later.

Another thing which would be a cool option (even if the original game didn't allow it), would be to have it play a number of innings (either 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9). It would change inning after every 3rd out. Just a thought anyway.

I tried it...it's pretty fun (and a little hard...best I've been able to get is 2 runs)

One question: Did the original game let you swing the bat more than once after the ball was pitched. Most pitch-and-bat type games like this didn't allow you to swing the bat more than once regardless of the era it was made. As I recall Harry Mabs at Gottlieb was working on a similar pitch-and-bat game back in '46 and he accidentally overrode that limitation, leading to the advent of flippers on Humpty Dumpty a year later.

Another thing which would be a cool option (even if the original game didn't allow it), would be to have it play a number of innings (either 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9). It would change inning after every 3rd out. Just a thought anyway.

Neo,

Yes, the game let you swing more than once. I got to play this amazing machine. When I met Mark Weyna his basement had at least 100 machines in it. I had a TON of fun - he invited me over and I got some great pics. Anyway, yes this game allowed you to swing multiple times at anytime.

As for innings, that would take me some time. I can look into it, but have at least 25 VP6 to VP9 updates and at least 10 WIP. Give me time and I'll implement it - if I get really tired or bored of one table I always start something else so perhaps I can jump into it sooner.

Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: scotty74fr has left the room.
      Back