Here is my custom Virtual pinball / Arcade game controller

regismaltais

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
AFM
May I ask where you get the plunger from?

Thanks. Unfortunaltely amazon stores in europe don't have that.

Still is it just for effect or do you actually have it connected for example, to a KL25Z via analog sensor?

Awesome. Don't forget to make a tutorial ;)

And i'm out of luck for the potentiometer too. My sister left Canada too soon :D

Hi,
Links are useful indeed. But the shiping is 2x (at least) the price of the product! I need to think about it

I'm waiting on an answer from local mauser shop that i've found to check if it'll be cheaper if they import themselves. I'm hoping that because they order larger quantities it'll reduce the price a bit. If they do enough to minimize the shipping cost on the punger side, it seem i'll finally finish this :D

In any case you were of great help. Thanks once more.

@regismaltais

So, thanks for making me buy more stuff. :D
I'm already waiting for the plunger too but mounting this will be a pain and I need to find a place to 3d print the support.

In the end, for what it is, it's expensive (but at least I saved in shipping) and the immersion justifies it (or so I'm saying to myself :D )

I still have to configure FP and VPX for it but KL25Z with Pinscape sees it I could calibrate it.

Quite easy thing to do afterall.

How do make it VP to recognize the plunger and the nudge ?

I configured the nudge but haven't configured both yet so I still don't know.

OK, here are my settings (it just works):

Attachments

• FP.jpg
    FP.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 118
  • FP2.jpg
    FP2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 39
  • pinscape.jpg
    pinscape.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 40
  • plunger sensor.jpg
    plunger sensor.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 37
  • VP config.jpg
    VP config.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 37
Thanks I got tbe nudge to work but i have an issue with the plunger that I need to lookat

Which issue? Ball jumping on the plunger? I don't remember if it was the jitter filter or the button disable below the plunger settings in pinscape. it seems I missed the upload of the plunger settings where that is shown.

But it was eithe on the other or both that took care of that issue of the ball jumping on the plunger

I have a lot of noise for my potentiometer I cannot ajust it correctly for now GND is at pin 12, 3.3 volt is at pin 8 and wiper is at pin 2

PotentiometerSchematic.png

So for testing purposes only mine was connected like this:

IMG_20220328_095026.jpg

So it is grey wire (ground if I recall correctly) on the left and on the right, the top wire is white for the 12v) and bottom is the brown wire for wipe which i think it is the 3.3v)
IMG_20220328_095036.jpg

I don't recall the pinout on the KZ25Z. I just followed the picture on pinscape website.

I think what happened... I used tie warp to secure the potentiometer but I secured it so much that it did affect the frame... so I think I broke it... so I will need to order a new one and use another way to fix it securily

I think what happened... I used tie warp to secure the potentiometer but I secured it so much that it did affect the frame... so I think I broke it... so I will need to order a new one and use another way to fix it securily
Too bad.

Regarding 3D printing I still have to look for it but I have time as the plunger will take awhile. I just hope those models at pinscape fit my rig.

And I will also take the oportunity to also 3d print a wheel to my ultimarc spinner that i've been delaying for too damn long now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back