Theatre of Magic (Bally, 1995) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Hocus pocus...poof! Theatre of Magic (Jamin 1.0) out of nowhere. v1.0 Jamin 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

Jamin7474

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Thought I'd try a table I hadn't attempted before. Many thanks to Fuseball/Dorsola/Pacdude. I tried making it with its own trunk mech handler but it didn't seem to want to cooperate even though I thought I had it setup correctly and experimented with various switch locations on different positions...so after struggling with that a while I decided to incorporate what previous authors had done a had it handlemech.

Still things I want to do to it
Fidget with the right loop more...its makable but bounces around a bit if your shot is a bit off.
Mirror effect. Hadn't gotten into making it but was getting burnt out a bit so it will be in a future update.
Just noticed that I put the wrong Light 58 (leading to captive ball) needs to be more toward the redside of orange. I'll change that and put that in with the mirror effect update.
Something i wasn't too sure on...did it let out a vanished ball during multiball to where you'd have 4ball multiball? Couldn't remember if it did that or not.
Green light on the trunk
Also would like to cover more areas where the ball is in front of certain parts of reels and get rid of some black lines that appear on some reels.

Hope you enjoy this release of Theatre of Magic.

Jamin,
It plays beautifully!!! The lighting effects are INCREDIBLE!!! It plays smoothly and the wide view is beautifull....Also, I LOVE the working Tiger Saw wheel!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard.

P.S. Do you think that you, or Jpsalas/Gromi might possibly consider doing your version of *PINBALL MAGIC*???

Looks great! I'll be downloading this one asap :)

Great job again, Jamin - I love your tables! Will you be updating some of your other tables, Medeval Madness, BK 2000, Star Trek: TNG? Many thanks!

Very nice VPM table!!!:)
I'm looking forward to the next release.:):):)

Last edited:
It's a nice table and really godd looking with the lighting effects. Lighting adds so much to a table. The running saw is very nice to see and it's great that it is up close.

There are a few issues Id like to address though. Something I'e noticed with your tables is that some things seem crowded and bunched up and it's hard to tell where the shots are as it seems like it's not very clear and viewable where all the toys and main playfield are. The ball feels a little unnatural as well. When the ball is moving on ramps and drops onto the playfield, the ball kind of disappears and then reappears in a new position. These same issues apply to Hook as well, but Hook has some unnatural lighting and the table gets VERY dark in some areas towards the back, especially.

Your tables are just a few small steps from being truly Outstanding though and beng some of the best of the best. Just a little bit more polish would have the tables at the top.

Thanks for the tables!

I'm getting hooked on this table Jamin :D
it looks fantastic with all the nice lights and
I love the wider tables , it's great fun to play too...
YOU HAVE THE MAGIC LOL
Keep up your fantastic work :D

Matt :)

A Little late, but beautiful looking and great playing table. One of my top three favorites!!!!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back