I need some help

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Last night I added five new tables to the Unusual Flipper Treatments section, using the ftp transfer method for the first time. As far as I know, I did everything according to the directions JPH gave me, but I'm not sure if I really did it right. While the download page shows that each table has had at least a few downloads, I haven't been able to test them myself. Now that isn't surprising, since I'm on dial up and often have problems downloading. So if someone who has tried to download the tables, or if someone who hasn't would test one of them, I'd appreciate that greatly. The tables, which are shown both on the front page, and on the main download page, as well as the Unusual Flipper Treatments page, are Vagabond, Guys & Dolls, Golden Bells, Skyway, and Shantytown. If they are messed up, then I'll have Jon take a look and see what I did wrong. Thanks for the help.

Tech Dummy John

Tried Vagabond and Golden Bells
The download page appears but clicking 'Download this file now' returns a 'page not found' notice

Thanks. I'll e-mail Jon to fix the problem and let me know what I did wrong. :oops:

John

I tried this morning for all 5 tables and get a page not found notice.

I hope Jon checks his e-mail soon and can fix the glitch. I'm really curious to find out what I goofed up.

John

you forgot to sacrifice the goat and make the chant to Billy Gates

Personally I'd rather do it the other way around, I'm sure I'd like a goat better than Bill Gates if I ever met them both.

John

Download links corrected!

Just darned commas interfering with dots....

:userfriendly:

Thanks Jon. I sure have checked for typos, as much as they seem to follow me wherever I go. :oops:

John

sacrifice more goats guys
still not working

Q I am supposed to be just clicking on the name of the table?

Yes TMFP, you should just double click on the name of the table and a window will pop up allowing you to save the file. At least when I don't screw up like I did again with a dozen more additions. I must be dumber than I thought, or even more senile.

John

you're neither
sometimes this computer stuff just has to be spot on
maybe JPH's instructions are leaving something out?

Thanks for trying to make me feel better TMFP. I just think it's odd that I have so much trouble with anything technical, not just the computer. I'm not a bit upset, simply frustrated. Well Jon doesn't have to worry, those were my last ones through ftp. If my dial-up won't let me add something, it just won't get added.

John

This was another link problem, nothing to do with ftp or dial up connections!

It's easy to get frustrated but I actually think you have done a fine job considering all the d/l's with info and proper ipd links, etc..

Kick that computer!

:D

So Jon, are you saying that I actually did my part right this time? I sure would like to keep using the ftp, but I'm a bit gunshy.

John

The download links were typed in improperly, everything else was fine!

It's the exact same problem if you type in a misspelled or improper url in your browser.

That is weird. I simply copy and paste the url you origianlly sent me. I just checked it again, and it's correct. I'll be super careful for now on. I really want to keep using the ftp system, it'll sure make things easier if I can get the hang of things. I'm not going to let some dumb machine beat me.

John

nah Jph is outside your house, jiggling the phone line and messing up the protocal packets :-)

TheManFromPOST said:
nah Jph is outside your house, jiggling the phone line and messing up the protocal packets :-)

Dang Gremlins, I instructed them to take the day off!

:archery:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back