Indiana Jones (Stern, 2008) ULTIMATE Pro

Stern SS Recreation BAM FP Indiana Jones (Stern, 2008) ULTIMATE Pro v1.06 BAM

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Wrong notes, and links to the wrong Game Rules. It shows info and rules for Star Trek (Stern) U-Pro, not Indy Stern U-Pro :)

Wrong notes, and links to the wrong Game Rules. It shows info and rules for Star Trek (Stern) U-Pro, not Indy Stern U-Pro :)
Okay, I see the problem. Over at his site, the rule set "Indiana Jones (Stern) ULTIMATE Pro" links to the ST rules for some reason. And of course, like a doofus, I copied them over without even looking. :s

Actually if you look at his top four rule set entries, they all seem to link to different rule sets. Hmm...

Last edited:
If anyone hasn't tried this table you are truly missing out...it is exceptional !!
Please post any questions or issues here as SLAM rarely responds expediently to bugs or whatever.

His work is cutting edge

If anyone hasn't tried this table you are truly missing out...it is exceptional !!
Please post any questions or issues here as SLAM rarely responds expediently to bugs or whatever.

His work is cutting edge
Just amazing to me how he spent the time to not only capture all the original DMD media like that, but then to add all that awesomeness right from the movies, as well.

oO

The table is deceptively straight forward looking and then you realize the layers of missions and objectives and excitement that unfold as you play from the 4 IJ movies.

I waited years for this table...and it was worth the wait.

Also many people forget that tables like and Iron Man Ultimate Pro have a Stern style Action / Fire button, whereas the original games did not.

The center of the table is a bit too bright for me. I made some adjustments to the lighting and I like it really well now.

The center of the table is a bit too bright for me. I made some adjustments to the lighting and I like it really well now.
Can't tell you how many millions of times I had to do that in order make VP re-recreations more playable.

It's funny to hear someone saying that in different context. :D

I have to say that personal preferences enter into the settings for lighting. I've seen some guys that record video of tables that are so dark you can barely see anything. Of course, rendering of video tends to be different from the real thing. For me at least on this IJ table, the lighting before you press the start game key is not too bad, perhaps a bit dark. But when I press the start game key, the lighting becomes brighter and makes the yellow areas on the playfield look garish to me.

These comments are made after I worked on my version of "Tales of the Arabian Nights" which I managed to get to look exactly the way I wanted. It seems I have become more particular about lighting since I completed that mod.

One of the many things I'm very impressed by when it comes to VPX is the way you can adjust overall lighting with a single slider. It can even simulate the table by time of day IIRC. Being able to do that with a PF would be a big help as well.

How is BAM with that stuff?

One of the many things I'm very impressed by when it comes to VPX is the way you can adjust overall lighting with a single slider. It can even simulate the table by time of day IIRC. Being able to do that with a PF would be a big help as well.

Time of Day like VPX... not a feature for that...

....but as for Lighting in BAM.... ooooh its fantastic for that! You can change almost all aspects of the Lighting from BAM while playing the table in real time...same for Post Processing,etc..

Not a full explanation....but this gives you an idea...

@TerryRed,
Yeah, wow, thank you. Looks like it's more sophisticated in that sense. Very nice.

All of those settings can be changed in script as well on the fly. Can make for some neat lighting effects.

All of those settings can be changed in script as well on the fly. Can make for some neat lighting effects.
Like a strobe mode, for example? I would guess that could make for an interesting mode.

Or a dark mode, where you temporarily change the ball and various table elements to neon or fluorescent shades.

Yes, you can change RGB, glow, brightness.....bump mapping... all sorts of things on all lights, flashers,etc

Some tables like Jurassic Park Ultimate Pro for example has some RGB lighting on inserts whereas the original game doesn't.

I have only seen a strobe mode on "Attack From Mars" and was done years ago by Francisco. I think he did it mostly by swapping playfield textures and turning flashers on and off. It only turns on during one mode but that is enough because it tends to make your eyes tired but the effect looks pretty realistic.

I have not learned the knack of neon or fluorescent effects. I think Sergiosalaman's Futurama comes closest but the effect can't be turned on or off. A switchable version could probably be made but would probably require swapping textures on most table objects.

If you are a table developer, the lighting effects Terry showed you are only the tip of the iceberg.

Some tables like Jurassic Park Ultimate Pro for example has some RGB lighting on inserts whereas the original game doesn't.
Oh wow, that's one of the few recent Stern games I'm keen on playing.

Any idea if Ghostbusters and Big Lebowski have been re-created, too?

Actually, Jaws Ultimate Pro uses a strobe effect on the shark at some points.

FP is actually somewhat limited with "glow / neon" type effects, and ironically that is one thing VPX can do that FP can't.

That's why I had to do my Star Wars Lightsaber mod the way I did with holograms.

1590111594148.png

Steve Paradis showed a similar method long ago...but you can't use that on non-flat objects or ramps like in Tron Legacy.

Oh wow, that's one of the few recent Stern games I'm keen on playing.

Any idea if Ghostbusters and Big Lebowski have been re-created, too?
Answering my own Q-- going by PSDB, none of these tables were evidently re-created for FP.

Bummer. :/

@Ike Savage
@TerryRed
@wild
@GeorgeH

Time of Day like VPX... not a feature for that...
I think we can do that. See below demo and play in Debug mode by pressing F9 from keyboard.
You can have time displayed in a decimal format by mirroring another parameter
Code:
Dim WhateverYouCallIt
WhateverYouCallIt = Time:WhateverYouCallIt = WhateverYouCallIt * 1
I called it "DayPercentageGone" but there is no magic in the name.
FP is giving me the results in decimal when I simply multiple my parameter by 1. Interesting....
So at Noon when half of the current day is gone , you will get .500000000000 and at Midnight you will get 1.00000000000000 and then of course 0.000000000000000

And as your computer clock is already configured based on Time Zone that's a none issue.

Addendum: Yep that works I just set a light to turn on and off in certain window of day percentage elapsed :eek:

Attachments

• Time.fpt
    224.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

See above
In terms of overall lighting under New Renderer in BAM menu it does have 4 to choose from I believe:
Bright Day, Day, Night and Dark Night....

I have not followed well, the discussion of what it is......so what is it about?

@wild

Finding a way to change lighting of your table or any other events based on the actual time of day.

Coding the table lighting to adjust based on the time of day

I definitely think we can do it...

ahhhhh....Interesting,but every hour?so 24 kinds tonality of light?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back