Invader Fall, The Hermit's (Original) VP8

VP8 SS Original Table Invader Fall, The Hermit's (Original) VP8 v1.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

TheHermit

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
In the begining there was Pinball, and it was good. In the late 1970's something came along that was to threaten Pinball's very existence... Video games. The first truely popular of these was Space Invaders by Tatio and so the demise of pinball began. Now it is difficult to find many Pinball Tables still in good condition, whereas video games can be found in many of Pinballs old haunts.

It's time for Pinball to strike back...

The Invaders are back, but this time instead of sweeping side to side giving you plenty of time to stop them they are coming straight for you! Use you pinball to stop the invasion, but beware, their UFOs carry re-inforcements and must also be stopped.

We're relying on YOU to stop them.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated to version 1.1

Changelog
----------

- Added Instruction Card to bezel
- Current Wave shown on screen
- Invaders start faster and end up twice as fast as they used to!
- UFO moves in alternate directions L->R, R->L, L->R, R->L
- End of wave two UFOs at same time L->R & R->L

Updated to V1.2

Changelog
----------

- Version number shown on screen
- Invaders accellerate faster
- Waves last half as long
- A full column now only loses a life rather than ending the game
- Fixed fault where ball could be knocked through the bottom of the table
- TABLE NOW UNLOCKED! Good luck with trying to understand it...

@TheHermit,
What a tragedy that this went missing here, so I've re-uploaded it from a public archive.

I also tried it again just now (naturally), and was blown away by how clever, clean and effective the design is. In a different world, this might have been the start of a whole range of pinball / arcade game hybrids. One only need close one's eyes to imagine that, I trust.

I see you logged in just a few months back, so hopefully you'll drop by some time and see this.

Thanks again for this one... and for solving those critical problems on my billiards game!

I have been updating Invader Fall, on and off, for quite a while now. I'm even considering remaking it in Unity as I've become quite good with it.
There have been a few gameplay tweaks and even a Boss stage added every 3 waves. I haven't posted any updates because I'm not happy with the boss stage yet. Maybe soon, but as I haven't worked on it since Dec 2019, probably not! lol

Thank you for the praise, and I am glad I could help.

Note: sequel project is here:

Attachments

• Invader Fall 2.0 - Boss.jpg
    Invader Fall 2.0 - Boss.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 59
@TheHermit,
What a tragedy that this went missing here, so I've re-uploaded it from a public archive.

I also tried it again just now (naturally), and was blown away by how clever, clean and effective the design is. In a different world, this might have been the start of a whole range of pinball / arcade game hybrids. One only need close one's eyes to imagine that, I trust.

I see you logged in just a few months back, so hopefully you'll drop by some time and see this.

Thanks again for this one... and for solving those critical problems on my billiards game!
is there a backglass for this game im sure i watn this in my collection looks awesome

is there a backglass for this game im sure i watn this in my collection looks awesome
As it's only been released in DT form so far, not AFAIK.

That said, you could probably use any of a variety of classic Space Invaders art as a working backglass.

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back