JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
I am pissed off that Leon was allowed to delete his account, i don't agree with him much but this is unacceptable to me.

edit: found an old email

True it's a policy we have at VPF that we should have here also, never delete any account on request, I'm sorry Jon never thought it would happen, never saw it coming and I'm sure tiltjp was only doing what he thought was right at the time. These things are easy to see in hindsight, only there was no hindsight at the time.

the shining light at VPF, gimme a break...

I'm sure tiltjlp didn't mean to be mean, database changes like this are very hard to reverse and Currently can't be undone without major damage.
I Got very Pissed off Leon is my bro and I should have been able to fix the stuff..

edit: found an old email from tiltjlp

Sorry John, I knew nothing about this until i read the future pinball thread and it's now clear to me that Leon wanted his account removed I searched thru my email and found one that mentioned you had already deleted his account..

I think you jumped the gun and I might have been able to resolve the problem. It's irreversible now...I love the stuff you do but I should have been consulted, Leon is a bro to me and I won't be playing fp in the near future but He should have been told that user accounts can't be deleted safely.
Jon

Oh well it's still good policy never delete an account ever, set them to R/O or banned, whatever though never delete.

spiderman.mpg is corrupt, well it crashes out firefox and media player classic?

It should always be a users's RIGHT to have his account deleted if he so requests. Anything else strikes me as pure fascism.

Pacdude said:
It should always be a users's RIGHT to have his account deleted if he so requests. Anything else strikes me as pure fascism.

So you're all for euthanasia and suicide?

Interesting...

I think the whole 'delete my account' thing is rather childish. I mean most places bend over backwards to make their users happy, removing tables at request, removing accounts, etc. Once you sign up at a site, that data becomes theirs. Just like uploading a file makes it free to download (in most cases) and a kind of public domain. You don't want to see a site, the site doesn't send out emails or sell your data, so don't type up the url. If you don't have self restraint, you should reconsider the internet.

Now what is this about posting points?

StevOz said:
Pacdude said:

So you're all for euthanasia and suicide?

Interesting...

Yeah, pretty much (so long as its the person's choice, not someone else's for them). I don't think anyone should be forced to be here or forced to suffer with terminal diseases awaiting a slow dragged out painful death just because someone thinks they have no right to interefere. There's people out there that won't get medical treatment because they believe it's God's will for that too. Mostly, I don't think people should be allowed to force their personal ethical or even religious beliefs on someone else in the form of laws that supposedly protect people from themselves.

Well I do actually agree with you, though I'm sure suicide is against the teachings of the 'good book', even in the 'new' version, though that's your hypocrisy.

None the less I think a forum account is somewhat different, you're asking someone else to kill your account and not a close friend, but a total stranger and putting them on the spot by doing so, is that fair and in doing so, is not the choice then theirs, as to whether they decide to delete said account?

Task that the behavior of tiltjlp has been corrected.
It has tried to say joking that the violence is unacceptable.
It had not to speak?
Its participation has been inopportune?
The persons must accept the observations even if negatives and put themselves in argument, when the observations are not made in order to make of the evil.
Saluti.
Furio

Steve, there is no reference to suicide in the 'good book' I'm aware of. And if you know anything about me you know I don't subscribe to absolute beliefs in compilations of questionable sources. In short, The Bible is pretty much the result of what the Catholic Church decided you should see. It's missing dozens of books, many of which were destroyed by said church. If I'm a hypocrite, it's in their eyes, not mine.

My personal beliefs on suicide are much more incidental to actual cases thereof. Namely, intent largely determines your fate, although I don't believe any fate is eternal and this comes from quite a bit of reported evidence from NDE types. Oddly enough, my belief system probably has more in common with Buddhism at this point than Orthodoxy. Actually, though, this isn't so strange as Gnostic Christianity (that the Catholic Church tried to squash) reads more like Buddhism while Catholicism reads more like Greek Mythology. And for those that are ignorant of all such subjects, well maybe they should read about them instead of being just another sheep in the pasture.

But what you bring up (the idea that someone should have to ask someone else to kill their account) is a good point. All accounts should have a delete option in them that the user can activate themselves.

Interesting idea, the delete button, though it should be forever IMO, never to register again, after all that's documented here....:D

Whatever Steve. Both you and Jon seem to have burs up your saddles on this issue, IMO.

Pacdude said:
Whatever Steve. Both you and Jon seem to have burs up your saddles on this issue, IMO.

Please explain?

You refuse to accept that users should have control over their own accounts, without site owners telling them they aren't allowed to have their accounts deleted or if they do they should never be allowed to come back for any reason, etc. I'd call that a pretty fucking poor attitude. Is that clear enough for you?

Correct, I consider thy membership sacred, till death do us part and perhaps beyond. :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back