Jungle Girl (Original) fpx

SS Original Table BAM FP Jungle Girl fpx (Original) v1.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
@shiva

I think I just solve the most annoying issue (for me) because it is related to the ball rolling on the flippers. It looks and feels bad to be blunt. I'll need JLou's to check the "fix" just in case I did not break anything so fingers crossed.

I'll send it to you tomorrow after lunch (i'm on GMT timezone by the way) even if JLou doesn't answer (hopefully he'll get better fast)

@shiva
Bump to say you have a new release candidate version in PM :)

Thanks. Have a good look later on.

Well after all that intense discussion I feel silly for asking but the files in the Jungle Girl Resources get put were if any where ?

Well after all that intense discussion I feel silly for asking but the files in the Jungle Girl Resources get put were if any where ?
Leave them in the main table folder as it is in the zip file

I just tried this table. I have no problem with the flippers for desktop use, but I don't try to do tap passes or dead drops. The physics are realistic, and the table overall is very good- it plays like a classic early 80's table, like Fathom. I just wish there were a daytime version, as I find the night time table harder to see (and things look burned when I try to adjust the lighting), and while the lighting looks dramatic, I almost always just turn shadow maps off in BAM), because IMO it doesn't look particularly realistic except in a very dark setting.

Set fpxBAMpfLighting=4 to fpxBAMpfLighting=1 for daytime lighting. You can also adjust the flippers if you find drop catches or flick passes are not to your liking. Just look in the script. I'm just not into doing any more dev work, but I did improve the flippers quite a bit, so maybe after I find a bug in the code, I may release a newer version with a far better and more releastic variable coil system.

Last edited:
Set fpxBAMpfLighting=4 to fpxBAMpfLighting=1 for daytime lighting. You can also adjust the flippers if you find drop catches or flick passes are not to your liking. Just look in the script. I'm just not into doing any more dev work, but I did improve the flippers quite a bit, so maybe after I find a bug in the code, I may release a newer version with a far better and more releastic variable coil system.

I thought the flippers were pretty good. That was more a comment on my pinball skills than the flipper code.

The table was really fun, probably one of the best I played.

Thanks. I spent a lot of time getting fp to play nicely and to have that Bally "feel" to it. I really should hunt out that one bug, but The flippers are far better now and really Bally like. I've played multiple games on EBD (2 versions, one the first release and the second a SE version) and a trip to Victoria next week so maybe I can check out a classic styled arcade with 12 more tables to play (depending on GF of course) might give me the urge to finish a new version.

Thanks. I spent a lot of time getting fp to play nicely and to have that Bally "feel" to it. I really should hunt out that one bug, but The flippers are far better now and really Bally like. I've played multiple games on EBD (2 versions, one the first release and the second a SE version) and a trip to Victoria next week so maybe I can check out a classic styled arcade with 12 more tables to play (depending on GF of course) might give me the urge to finish a new version.

I noticed some code on the slingshots, but I am not a coding expert. Is Jungle Girl using some kind of dynamic slingshot?

Yes. It uses em type kickers, 3 per side, with the center set stronger. If you look carefully, you will see them in the editor. Same thing with the bumpers, I like them as you can fine tune the force, and of course far more reliable than stock FP

New Version of Jungle Girl coming!!! (Finally)

A short video on the progress and the changes made in the new video, with a playing video coming as soon as I fix a few more things... Plus, I talk about the gates of centaur....

New Version of Jungle Girl coming!!! (Finally)

A short video on the progress and the changes made in the new video, with a playing video coming as soon as I fix a few more things... Plus, I talk about the gates of centaur....

I don't know why... but when I hear you talk in videos... I picture you sitting and relaxing in a chair with a pipe in hand. :)

Congrats on reaching the finish line with this beauty.

I don't know why... but when I hear you talk in videos... I picture you sitting and relaxing in a chair with a pipe in hand. :)

Congrats on reaching the finish line with this beauty.
Wow, that wasn't the voice I expected. I think of Paul as Western Canadian, perhaps Mediterranean-looking in appearance (based on pics of his son), and yet I'm hearing almost a sonorous, Germanic-sounding voice.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the mystery of Shiva, but maybe that's just how it is for a numpties like me. :-)

Anyway, thanks for sharing the cool videos. (both of you, actually)
I hadn't realised there was a new project in the works, there!

shiva updated Jungle Girl (Original) fpx with a new update entry:

Jungle Girl fpx v1.2 Released

Birthday Edition.

script updated August 2023

' *** Version 1.2***
' New Additions
' - New Voice tracks (TTS unfortunately) and redid all music routines and code. Voices are randomized on certain features.
' - New controlling routines for better music management, and better timing routines.
' - Future versions of fpxEngine will be based on this script as opposed to it's own code. (after a major cleanup of course)
' - Modified a couple AddScoringEvent routines for a better...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Added rules and adjustments you can make to the first post of this thread.

Anyone have a decent BAM CFG for this table? I'm having trouble getting the upper playfield backsplash to look right -- seems to cut off some of the text and graphics.

New version plays very well - almost a real one 👍
The cherry(s) on the cake would be two things:
SSF as with pinevent lite
DOF ...

But it's very good as it is, of course 😀

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back