Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
shiva submitted a new resource:

Jungle Girl fpx V1 - A new era in FP physics begins

New DOFLinx Version! (Thanks to majorFrenchy)
Video of the DOFLinx Version:

Jungle Girl fpx has now been released as version 1. There are so many changes across the board, but the big highlight is the debut of my shivaFlippers system that now has a variable coil system, better aiming, and a "fake EOS". This is a pretty noticeable improvement to FP flippers and down the road, I hope they can be improved even more.

The variable coil adds dynamic omega (or strength to you vp people) for each flipper angle of a flipper swing until you release the flipper button. This...

Read more about this resource...

Jungle Girl fpx v1.2

Script adjustments
- open the script editor and scroll down to User adjustments. Read the notes besides each line of code for settings.

- *table adjustments
you can adjust the aount of players, the scores and the amount of balls per play (nvBallsPerGame=)

- *Bam Settings
These are for lighting effects.
fpxNoSuperbounce=1 Inline restraining wall routine to prevent "superbounce" when ball hits inline target. (Experimental)
fpxBAMpfLighting has 4 settings from 1 (bright) to 4 (dark)

*** shivaFlippers ***
AddfpxBounce adjusts overall flipper bounce up to 10. The higher the number value, the more bounce
shivaBaseOmega the strength of the flippers, a higher number is stronger
shivaFlippersPresetCase are presets for the flippers. There are 5 in total, and adjust the variable coil effect,and how sensitive the flippers are for flick passes etc. A higher value (up to 5) is "easier" for beginning players.
fpxStrongerFlipperBaseShots adds the value (as Omega of strength) to the base of the flippers, so vertical shots can be made stronger. A higher value means a stronger shot.

Pinsettings
The game is set to "liberal" settings, but you can turn off some features (replace the 1 with a 0) or increase or decrease the amount of time (in miliseconds) for the timers like Monkey Bonus)

The features below allow for aditional adjustments, like jackpot scoring, the amount of bonus etc.

Audio
You can adjust the audio using standard fp code. The maximum value is 1.0 but setting the values as a decimal will lower the sounds/music etc. For example constsecondMusicVolume is set to .25, but setting it to .5 will double the volume while setting it to 1.0 will play at maximum volume. Do not go over 1.0!!!!

RULES

Powered by the fpxEngine

' * - Inner lanes 5000 points . 10000 when lit. This also sets up loop shot to spot letter and advances bonus
' * - Inner lanes alternate lights, and are lit by completing the JUNGLE drop targets
' * - Outer drain lanes spot J and A in the JANA bonus
' * - Spelling Jungle girl lits Escape lane for 10000 points
' * - Right Star Advances value and also increases Bonus when lit (no flash lighting)
' * - Both Stars spots a JG letter when lit (looping shot) from a timed shot from the inside lanes
' * - each ABC Guide Lane scores 5000, Advances Bonus, lights corresponding bumper,
' * - Making the ABC Bank Adds Multiplier, lights Star rollovers
' * Drain lanes adds a light to J.A.N.A, and lights bottom bumper
' * - J.A.N.A. (both drain lanes, 2 top slim targets) lights the spinner for 1000, and also will advance value of 10000, 25000, extra ball, and lits special in the the drain lanes
' - If all 5 Bumpers are lit (ABC lanes and both drain lanes) Super Bumpers are lit for 1000 points each bumper
' * - Skillshot awards instant multiball if the ball enters the kickout saucer. All 3 inlane targets down in regular play lights multiball for 3 ball play
' * - If a ball is locked in the top kicker, but the player loses the ball, the multiball is still active for his next ball. Further more, the top ABC lanes will light for a second skill shot of 25,000
' - * Monkey bonus lights when Jungle Targets are made. This awards a random score for a timed period.
' * - J-U-N-G-L-E-G-I-R-L advances lit value for continued scoring(10k,20k,30k,Special)
' * - Kicker2 (right) collects JungleGirl value

Last edited:
To those in the vpx community who tested out the game and gave me feedback, I thank you. I choose the toughest crowd to impress, because I felt JG was a big step forward, and needed to know if I was right to think so. The feedback was very positive, so at the very least, I know the flippers and general physics are greatly improved and can continue to move forward and make them even better. I'm pretty sure some of you never thought FP could play this good even a year ago.

A note to the testers. There have been a lot of changes to the game, as I reserved them from the 2 test versions and have added them in this release. if you have a test version, you will definitely want to download version 1 as there are a few "new things" I have added. (wink wink,nudge,nudge)

* rc3 (test) and v1 changes &

' * shivaDynamicFlippers *
' The latest shivaFlippers has a major new update that now supports dynamic Omega by flipper swing, (variable coil) and has a couple set tricks programmed in.
' This depends on your hardware and reflexs
' Specialized code for the following
' - Variable coil strength, which varies the strength of the flipper depending on the flipper angle
' - The amount of steps 9or angles) are adjustable. Default aset to 30. A lower number means stronger shots, a higher number means weaker shots
' - If you set the number too high, the ball will drag the flipper, like the very early em games
' - Tip/tap pass for flipper start angle and max angle
' - "loft" shots capable
' - Fake EOS to prevent high speed balls from a flick of a flipper fully up
' - Better tip speed omega, using variable coil that reduces the weak flipper effect
' - Top right flipper recoded to fpx standards.
' - Flippers have better bounce
' The new system can be adjusted to suit for the following...
' - Dynamic Angle setting steps to simulate (sort of) flippers from various eras
' - Helper setting, to force a minOmega for the first few angles of the flipper. Only use if your keyboard is really crappy
' New 1 wall method, with 3 triggers instead of timers

' *** RC3 ***
' Readded bounce and no bounce code, as walls use to handle the bounce control, but no longer. fpxSetBounce in User Adjustments controls this.
' Added code to switch off bounce at a low speed ball as well.
' 2 seperate codes depending on ball speed. This helps the ball being more smoother down the flipper lane, prevents the ball from bouncing when the ball is cradled, BUT
' Because of the angle of the flipper, FP has weird bounces, so maybe one day I can fix that....
' AddfpxBounce has new values now. Was way too bouncing before.
' Skillshot drop targets now have a random time assigned to it, so you need better timing to make a skillshot
' Drop target constraining system reshaped and improved a bit.
' Flipper walls reshaped a bit more, better ball interaction and bounce at tips.
' Top flipper (RightFlipper2) now has variable coil.
' Omega values adjusted to better prevent hitting the center targets and to make far left Inline targets better.
' A-B-C Lanes now closed off a bit more so harder to make now from a bumper kick below. Ball exit from these lanes are more random
' FP has a problem with omega. if the omega is too low, it can cause the flipper to drag if a ball is on it. as far as I know, there is no solution, so the best I can do at the moment
' is to try and make it happen as few times as possible.
' HAD to add one more trigger and hit code (StopFlipperSlowdown) to prevent the flipper slowdown effect if the ball is coming from the slings. There's code as well in the prehit sections
' to reduce the drag, so the flippers perform better most of the time. The Opto trigger is at the two bottom posts of the slingshots.
' The FOUR triggers are no longer optional, and HAVE to be included!
' shivaMinOmega is now set to 19,shivaFlippersTipWeakOmegaMultiplier set to 3
' shivaFlippersTipWeakOmegaMultiplier added into the third center trigger code. This boosts the omega if the ball is between the flippers and one of the tips hits the ball.
' Shaped Physics improved.
' Lane A and B now causes more bounces from the bumpers instead of a single bounce and ball out
' Fixed issue where ball bounces between the base of the top flipper and the top wall
' Tighten up area around bumpers so the ball is in play there a bit more
' Adjusted bumper forces so it's not so nuclear powered as before
' A and N small targets now bounce off with less force and reangled to be a bit more realistic
' Opened up Jungle Girl Kicker lane so bit easier to hit
' Set JG kicker Right to a lower force, and adjusted the wall so ball now lays flat for top flipper shot instead of bouncing around (&#*%ing FP sometimes)
' NOTE: if you use a fp.exe different than Bams exe, and kicker2 is too weak, increase the Strength by one in the editor
' Opened up Spinner Lane, made the spinner spin more and adjusted flipper omega for a better easier shot
' increased TimerPF slightly. added code to prevent a slow ball from hanging with a drop at the bottom right bumper with a skillshot
' Replaced objects and wasted more objects because they looked better.
' New music added for background

' *** Version 1 ***
' Fixed jungle super bonus light issue with special, adv. scoring lighting issue
' Added more music and sound fx.
' added "The shot". Wish fp was better at this though.
' Minimum Jackpot is now set to 25,000. This increases with hitting targets etc during game play
' Super Jackpot is now set to 100,000
' Shooting the loop timers (from the flipper lane rollovers) now scores jackpot value as well as spots a letter in JUNGLE GIRL
' The T-Rex lane will now only score the advancing value when the loop timer is off
' New shaking effect with loop timers
' If you lock a ball, and then lose the ball in play, there is a secret skillshot with the next ball.
' Center targets now harder to hit from top right flipper

' *** Version 1.1 ***

' Cleaned up code a bit
' fixed division by 0 error
' adjusted flippers to new defaults.

Last edited:
Hi shiva,
Mate been waiting in anticipation for this one because I really wanted to check out your new shivaDynamicFlippers.
Table looks and plays great it is a real piece of art. The bumpers and slings are excellent however the flippers not so much.
I have a very fast PC but notice a considerable lag with the flippers, I don't know if it is in my mind but the lag seems to be much worse when cradling the ball on the flipper. I also had the ball hit the flipper in the open position and it shot the ball up the table like I was playing a shot when I didn't, then minutes later the ball jumped inside the right flipper as attached. Sorry to be negative but I think you are really onto something here
and hopefully these things can be fixed in the next release. Thanks for all your hard work and sharing an amazing table, cheers!

Attachments

• jungle_girl_fpx_v1.png
    jungle_girl_fpx_v1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 170
Thanks. This is very much a proof of concept.
The lag unfortunately is a fp thing. The slower the omega of a fp flipper, the slower the flipper will swing, as fp's physics are "all in one". I've actually done a lot of code to reduce this as much as possible, but you also need a very low omega to be able to flick.

faster computers will have more problems I suspect. So maybe try this in the script

Change:
shivaFlippersPresetCase=3 ' Preset for variable coil. 0=off, 1 or 2 for cabs, 4 or 5 for keyboards. 3=happy medium.

To shivaFlippersPresetCase=1 ' Preset for variable coil. 0=off, 1 or 2 for cabs, 4 or 5 for keyboards. 3=happy medium.

And if that doesn't quite work, then try this as well
LeftFlipperSwingAngleEnd=32 ' Max amount of dynamic steps for omegas to reach MaxOmega
RightFlipperSwingAngleEnd= 32
RightFlipper2SwingAngleEnd= 32

Change the number to a lower value. try 20-25. This decreases the amount of steps needed for the variable coil, but will also make each step a stronger omega

As to the screenshot. That is not suppose to happen, maybe again because your computer is a lot faster than mine. I will look into it. Thanks

EDIT: The flipper is collidable no matter what. Do you have Vsync On or off? That may be the problem there if your computer is generating way more fps than needed, and FP does have problems with collision if vsync is off. Could you give me the fps on your computer?

Last edited:
Thanks mate, when I get a chance I will apply these changes, cheers!

One more thing...
If it still does it, search for Sub shivaFlippersPresets()
go to the case setting you selected in shivaFlippersPresetCase
and look for LeftFlipperMinimumOmega and RightFlipperMinimumOmega and change the number to something higher. Try 9 or 10 to start.

As to the ball dragging on the flipper, I may have to rework the entire code a bit to minimize it, but you lose a bit with that. EOS is temporary, I just crammed it in to get the game out. :)

shiva updated Jungle Girl fpx V1.1 with a new update entry:

Jungle Girl fpx Version 1.1

A new version of Jungle Girl fpx has been released. Version 1.1, this fixes a error that could cause the table to crash, and has some minor script cleanup. There is also a small adjustment with the flipper settings.

Also included are some new files with the resources, a different wheel image, and the images you can insert for those with 4k monitors. Thanks to everyone for their input and I hope everyone enjoys the game.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Super, mais toujours pas possible d' enter un score élevé à la fin d une partie

goblindriver said:
This is a really good table I'm just sad about the artwork with the heavy topographic filter or whatever it is. Don't get me wrong. I love it. Very strange photoshop choices. Maybe I can get you some high res scans of the artwork. hit me up.
Heavy topographic filter? Very strange photoshop choices? I don't understand this review.

The most unusual thing to me about the game's graphics is the way the lighting is so focused in various places, leaving most of the table quite dark. But for me, it works.

Last edited:
Kind of confused myself, since the high res version is over 8000 pixels. That was the way the artwork was. Oh well.

Nic, the game has 3 brightness levels. Find this:

fpxBAMpfLighting=3 ' sets overall playfield lighting (1=bright/2=Dark)(Note:This affects bulb brightness)

and change this to 1 or 2

HI mate, i love this table i had to update BAM to get a scoreboard but all good now, wicked table. :)

Ive posted a video preview

Last edited:
That is not active. I removed the ability to set the high score from the user adjustment section. If you want to really change the score, search for

nvHighScore1

Merci beaucoup
Je trouve bien nvHighScore1 Mais que t il modificateur Faut svp (je ne connais pas grand chose en script)
Merci par avance
J aimerai faire cela pour cette superbe Table !

I believe you are asking where to set the default high score?

Line 6083
IF nvHighScore1 = 0 THEN nvHighScore1 = 400000: nvHighScore1Name = "PDS" ' loads default high scores

Very good job Shiva! when you will release a tutorial for your physics?
i wish you work with Slamt1lt and Terry Red to put your physics in there Ultimate and pinevent table. It's a big step forward.

Thank you. But I feel the code got too complicated for it's own good, and could be a lot simpler. On top of that, it is about 30% "complete" so I am doing up a very simple example of the variable coil flippers (stripped out as much as possible, so it's complete with the problems that I worked around with the multiple triggers and excessive code) in the stock template and maybe post it up to see if a bigger brain can figure out better solutions than what I had.

It's actually pretty simple, just FP has it's problems

Quelque soit le score que je réalise, même le plus haut, je ne peux entrer celui ci avec mes initiales.
C est toujours les scores par défaut qui apparaissent
Solution...

Okay, will have to look at this.

Yeah i dont think high scores are saved if i pause and look the top 4 are set the rest are 0

My fault. FP is such a pain with that, plus BAM on top of that. Personally guys, just a bit sick of looking at it, and this could mean a lot more hours of coding for something that really is not that important. Easier to just delete that and use the BAM HS instead. I'm taking a break at the moment, I owe my GF a lot of time because she was very nice and let me spend the hundreds of hours of time before working on this instead of doing things with her.

Je pense avoir trouvé pour l affichage des high scores
Ligne 6588 "TRUE"
et activé la ligne 6589
Maintenant les scores peuvent être entrés avec initiales
Magnifique Table Merci Beaucoup

Hmm, can't remember why I deactivated that. Maybe for testing. Thanks, glad you like the table.

ok, @shiva ,i would like to try your table, but you should put shadow mapsin tga, please cant wait 14 "bulb / light", too long to load and then see ce fp crashes.

evidently many do not know this, ok, I will open a special thread.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back