Jungle Girl (Original) fpx

SS Original Table BAM FP Jungle Girl fpx (Original) v1.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Just forgot to do it is all.

@shiva
If you just send me the TGA file I will add it myself, there is no need to update the table if you don't want it now
but if you don't send me the tga i can't try it......if you want you can send it by pm,thanks.

I noticed a small detail, in the fp editor, you have the "slope" at 8....in xml 7.5,do you know that the editor takes precedence?

Last edited:
New DOFLinx Version! (Thanks to majorFrenchy)
Video of the DOFLinx Version:

It's an amazing table, but I don't know what to do when I play it.

When I hit XYZ, what happens? How do I advance ABC? etc.

A rule card would be great, if one exists.

It's an amazing table, but I don't know what to do when I play it.

When I hit XYZ, what happens? How do I advance ABC? etc.

A rule card would be great, if one exists.
In my 2020 pre-release version, I'm seeing a rule set in table info: (i.e., when you have the table open in FP-BAM)

Make sure you have the latest JG version and check it from there, since this set might be somewhat outdated:

' * - Inner lanes 5000 points . 10000 when lit. This also sets up loop shot to spot letter and advances bonus
' * - Inner lanes alternate lights, and are lit by completing the JUNGLE drop targets
' * - Outer lanes spot J and A in the JANA bonus
' * - Spelling Jungle girl lits Escape lane for 10000 points
' * - Right Star Advances value and also increases Bonus when lit (no flash lighting)
' * - Both Stars spots a JG letter when lit (looping shot)
' * - ABC Guide Lanes scores 5000, Advances Bonus, lights corresponding bumper, Bank Adds Multiplier, lights Star rollovers' * - J.A.N.A. lights the spinner for 1000, and also will advance value of 10000, 25000, extra ball, and lits special in the the drain lanes
' * - Skillshot awards instant multiball. All 3 inlane targets down lights multiball for 3 ball play
' - * Monkey bonus lights when Jungle Targets are made. This awards a random score for a timed period.
' * - J-U-N-G-L-E-G-I-R-L advances lit value for continued scoring(10k,20k,30k,Special)
' * - Kicker2 (right) collects JungleGirl value

Thanxs Ike, those are correct. The Table rules are under the TABLE in the top menu. Sometimes we all forget that not everyone knows how to do things in FP, and are brand new to everything.

Wonderful! Thank you!

It's an amazing table!

Glad you think so. That was a lot of work, not just with JG design, but also fpxEngine and the new things. If you are new to FP, there are some other really terrific tables that people never explored, especially this years crop, like Twilight Zone or TeryRed's stuff. It's been a long road of years for us devs and especially Rav to get FP tables to be better, so real happy you like JG, as that is part of this new generation of FP games.

This has to be one of the best original tables I've ever played. Great job. I was only disappointed that I had to manually add all the info and media for PinUp Popper and also had to record the playfield myself for the menu playfield, but it was all worth it. I'm surprised none of that media is coming up in a web search in PinUp Popper Config, because this has to be a popular table as good as it is. Great job though, love it.

I don't use frontends, and no one offered to do one for me, so sorry. There is one done for Pinball Emporium, but the popper people just stick to one forum, and alas, very little fp there if at all. I doubt many of them over there even know it exists to be honest, they are very vpx-centric. If you wish to share there your files be my guest, I can always link to there for others with pinup. There is a DofLinx version of this table as well available here, done by MajorFrenchy.

Glad you enjoy it, lots of love in making it.

I don't use frontends, and no one offered to do one for me, so sorry. There is one done for Pinball Emporium, but the popper people just stick to one forum, and alas, very little fp there if at all. I doubt many of them over there even know it exists to be honest, they are very vpx-centric. If you wish to share there your files be my guest, I can always link to there for others with pinup. There is a DofLinx version of this table as well available here, done by MajorFrenchy.

I'd gladly give you the playfield video file if I knew how to get it to you. I'd probably need to compress the video too, because I did a quick encode and it's 40MB, which is kind of big for these files, but for my own personal use I don't care, lol

I'm also about ready to give up on frontends as well, since it's been nothing but a headache with all the crashing and losing focus and stuff. PinUp Popper is great when it works, but when it doesn't, it's nothing but a hassle. PinballX is probably the best one, but the one thing I hate about his, is that if it crashes, you're left with a black screen and it's hard to quit out completely and get your screens back so you have to restart. The frontend maintains focus well, but at the price of taking over too much of the system to do it. I haven't tried HyperSpin yet, but I know that takes a lot of manual setting up, and not sure if I am ready for that headache to try and see if it's any better than the others.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I'll repost that I think this table is brilliant and the best original I've tried. Very pleased with it.

It's well known enough... at least as well known as most other FP tables.... and when it's brought up... its referred to as a great "new" FP table that looks good and plays much better than older tables,etc.

I've posted your updates in the Popper FB group and others as well.

As for media... that just comes down to the guys who tend to do that... if they actually played it or not. I haven't had my cabinet on much over the last years.... since I started work on RF2 and Silent Hill.

Wonderful! Thank you!

It's an amazing table!
It really is one of the most pure & clean pin-sim tables I've ever seen and played. An incredible accomplishment, and demonstration of skills.

So we have Shiva's table-building kit fpxEngine featured, but that really needs more eyes, frankly.

Imagine how many great ideas could be turned in to great tables, if only...

Don't see it there terry, can you send a link? brienj if you can compress that file, you can upload it here and vpu. If you do it yourself you get the author credit as well.

As to JG and fpx, I will get around to it, haven't been very interested lately,. and now I have a major move to a new place soon. Very little time to give this the attention it deserves, being a one man show and very slow sometimes this happens. If I have any spare energy I will get back on it.

A new version of JG may be coming out that has simplified code, more up to date Bam coding, and the addition of DF2 as a option as opposed to the original DF. Unfortunately, the present rotational charts doesn't play as nicely with the existing shots I already have, and I can't be bothered to spend hours/days/weeks doing a custom rotational chart, so, I decided as a option to have the walls active with df2. Since the walls serve as a rotational chart anyway, adds a stable platform for the ball (i still think the ball is sliding off the flipper in DF2 a bit, a common fp problem, but this may not be the newest version of DF2 I'm using) and you can basically have a different RC for each flipper, why fix something that isn't broken?

Even without the chart, DF2 plays quite good, but some of the shots are different and affect the game play. With the walls, it's very hard to tell the difference without playing it a few times, DF2 seems to be more center or straight up shots from the base, and one of the natural shots just off the side from the center in JG is a bit harder to get. With the walls and some supplemental shivaFlipper code both systems play very similar and can do most of the same tricks, the only thing missing is the variable coil routines from DF2, so it's a nice selectable option for people who do not like the variable coil. It's a slightly different "flavor" between the 2 systems, DF2 is more williams based in shot style and play, while shivaFlippers is more "Bally" if that helps you understand.

Anyway, I'm playing around with it. Mostly with the variable coil routine, see if I can improve it a bit more. The DF2 coding is just to complex for me to understand, there's no remarks of what stuff do, so adding even a simple variable coil routine may be beyond my time limitations and capabilities.

Beyond that, not sure. Just a (hopefully) side project with a couple upgrades like raytracing etc to bring the game up to snuff.

EDIT: After a bit of a play, I added the FlipperRotationChart, and adjusted some shivaFlipper code so the two play nicely a bit better. I removed the wall code from the DF2 version in now, but instead will maybe add a 3rd option that uses the walls with DF2, as I didn't like the shots from the flippers as much as with shivaFlippers, especially towards the tip. All the things to shoot at in JungleGirl is very high up on the table, so adding the walls will make those type of shots easier and more realistic. I noticed the shots have the same problem as noted, there seems to be a gap in the shots in DF2, but, as a happy little surprise, doesn't seem to happen with my walls turned on, at least not yet. The shots using the walls seem to be a bit stronger, not sure how to describe it, it just seems the flippers are more "solid" in feel.

Last edited:
JG is one of my favorites and gets a lot of play. Looking forward to the improvements.

Haven't played it in a while myself, and realized how much I missed playing a few rounds every once in a while. :)

A nice simple fun game

Anyway, guess I will just leave it alone now with DF2, it's a older version but good enough. I will leave it alone and not try and improve it, instead I will spend some time instead on something else, maybe a new addition to the game. It's a minor upgrade as it is, so maybe make it worth a new download with something new.

Very cool. :)
Yes it's very unforgiving. It doesn't drain by itself much, but you make a mistake or you mistime your flipper press, it will kill you. I noticed the pissed off expression you had a few times when you lost a ball. It's a classic bally game, at least you didn't swear as much as I use to in the arcade when playing the Bally's. :)
As to the physics, certain shots and behaviors had to require some special coding and some special tricks, like the cross shot from the plunger this is actually not possible in fp without the ball flying all over the place. This coding is all over the place, it was designed to fix multiple fp play problems, but every once in a while you get that wonkyness from the fixes sometimes. The only thing you can do is try and make it happen as little as possible.
Oddly enough, VP was just as bad for it's first 10 years. It had it's quirks as well.
Major Frenchy did up a doflinx version for me.
Still, it's interesting to see someone else play this, and on cabinet, since I just have a desktop and never added anything for cabinet. A different perspective so I did notice a couple things with this new view of the table, so will add them to my list. I know for one the flippers will be a bit better and less wonky, and play far more with "weight" because of the new coding. Unfortunately, it means it will be even more unforgiving if you make a mistake with your flipper than before.
One thing I did notice is FP seems to play a bit different in cabinet than it does in desktop. Anyone else notice this? The ball in the drains don't seem to be as saveable in cabinet, it never drained at that speed in desktop mode. A couple things happened to you that have never happened to me, and I have played this thousands of times. Did you change any settings within the script?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's more or less running on default settings from Baller Installer on the cabinet - the only setting I went in and changed in the script was making it Free Play. I also still need to fiddle with things to try to get some semblance of nudge working the way it works in VPX, since the cabinet has an accelerometer in it.

I always get a "damnit" expression when the ball drains, so it's not just on Jungle Girl.

It's good to know that having a 90 minute video of the table played on a cabinet has provided you with some more information on how the table plays.

I haven't looked yet, is there an option for "staged" flippers in the script anywhere? I have dual leafs in my flipper buttons, and they are wired up and enabled.

JG remains one of my favorite, go-to games on my Legends Pinball cabinet. It's one of the most perfect blends of action, graphics, and lighting in my collection. It feels more like a real pinball machine than most anything else in Future Pinball.

I tend to agree. It is one of the most beautiful tables I've ever seen, real or not and the lighting is nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks guys

Lynn: Not that I know of, BUT... Look for this sub:
Sub AddKeyEvent(KeyEventVariable)
This is the key settings for JG and FPX. They are set to the keys as defined as default in Future Pinball in the Game Keys and Controls.
So if you change the default keys in the editor, you can match the keys you use for VP as well (why they changed that is beyond me)
You can also change the code as well in that subroutine. You will see the Special1 and Special2 code is already defined.
So... If I understand what you want correctly is to move the top flipper to map to another button?
You can just move the second flipper code there like RightFlipper2.SolenoidOn or RightFlipper2.SolenoidOff to Special
Code:
Sub AddKeyEvent(KeyEventVariable)
    Select Case KeyEventVariable
        case "LEFTFLIPPER-PRESSED"
            LeftFlipperIsUp=1:LeftFlipperIsDown=0 
            LFStart=1:LF1=0:LF2=0:LF3=0                                                                                    ' Variables used to tell prehit flipper button is being pressed (to really prevent massive debug text)
            LeftFlipper.SolenoidOn
            PlaySound "FlipperUp",(constSoundVolume)
            IF GuideLaneChange=1 THEN AlternateGuidesLeft()    
        case "LEFTFLIPPER-RELEASED"
            LeftFlipperIsUp=0:LeftFlipperIsDown=1 :LFStart=0                                                                                ' Tells script flipper is moving down
            LeftFlipper.SolenoidOff            
            PlaySound "FlipperDown",(constSoundVolume)
        case "RIGHTFLIPPER-PRESSED"
            RightFlipperIsUp=1:RightFlipperIsDown=0
            RFStart=1:RF1=0:RF2=0:RF3=0                            ' Variables used to tell prehit flipper button is being pressed (to really prevent massive debug text)
            RightFlipper.SolenoidOn:
            PlaySound "FlipperUp",(constSoundVolume)
            IF GuideLaneChange=1 THEN AlternateGuidesLeft()                        
        case "RIGHTFLIPPER-RELEASED"
            RightFlipperIsUp=0:RightFlipperIsDown=1:RFStart=0                         ' Tells script flipper is moving down
            RightFlipper.SolenoidOff        
            PlaySound "FlipperDown",(constSoundVolume)
        case "SPECIAL1-PRESSED"
            HUDDisplay()
        case "SPECIAL1-RELEASED"

case "SPECIAL2-PRESSED"
             ' fpxBallTrailCase = fpxBallTrailCase + 1 
                'If fpxBallTrailCase > 2 then fpxBallTrailCase = 1
                'If fpxBallTrailCase  = 1 Then UseBallTrails=1: fpxBallTrails() 
                'If fpxBallTrailCase  = 2 Then UseBallTrails=0: fpxBallTrails()
            RightFlipper2IsUp=1:RightFlipper2IsDown=0:RightFlipper2.SolenoidOn:PlaySound "FlipperUp",(constSoundVolume)
        case "SPECIAL2-RELEASED"
            RightFlipper2IsUp=0:RightFlipper2IsDown=1:RightFlipper2.SolenoidOff:PlaySound "FlipperDown",(constSoundVolume)    
        case "HUDDISPLAY-SHOWING"
        case "HUDDISPLAY-HIDDEN"
        case "LEFTALT-PRESSED":SDuration=(3000):ShakeIt(SDuration)                                                    ' Shake effect
    End Select
End Sub

If you mean like Black Knight, where pressing the flipper buttons lightly means only the bottom flippers activate, while a stronger complete push will also activate the top flippers (Depends on your area, most operators I know modified that as it was a pain in the ass, and williams themselves didn't do that for too long) Short answer is no, long answer though is because JG uses my variable coil code for the flippers, it's basically built in and can do that like the williams did. Be a bit of coding though

Yeah, it's actually more the latter, where the stronger push activates the upper flipper on that side. Technically, Radiant Silverball has three switches, and two "presented" buttons on each side, one flipper button with lower and upper flipper switches and one magnasave button with just a magnasave switch. The magnasaves I've mapped to Special 1 and 2, and the upper flipper switches are mapped to "Upper Flippers".

Also, I'm betting Williams was still doing it up until they ceased making games (I know Twilight Zone has staged flippers, and I heard Addams does as well), just that operators were disabling/modifying the feature to make the game harder. I also know Spooky does it on some tables, a streamer confirmed that their Total Nuclear Annihilation has a staged flipper arrangement.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back