Jupiter Ascending Version_2.0 & FizX_2.0

SS Original Table BAM FP Jupiter Ascending Version_2.0 & FizX_2.0 Version_2.0 & FizX_2.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
I finally found time to play this table. There are many changes since I worked on it. I like the look of it and it plays well. I think it needs dynamic flippers. There is a tutorial here that explains how to add them:

The tutorial has an XML with it but you want to keep the one that is currently on the table or you might want like the one in the tutorial better. You might try both.

I finally found time to play this table. There are many changes since I worked on it. I like the look of it and it plays well. I think it needs dynamic flippers. There is a tutorial here that explains how to add them:

The tutorial has an XML with it but you want to keep the one that is currently on the table or you might want like the one in the tutorial better. You might try both.
hey hello george, indeed it's been a long time. I have been using the new physics that JLou5641 offered me for a while. I started using it on all my tables and I find it even more realistic than all the others that already exist. I made a new painting under the theme "STARWARS" that I will post at Christmas 2022 when the films are released.

So little confused. Do we just cut n a paste and play with that new code or do we need to delete some part of the code thats in the file already ?

So little confused. Do we just cut n a paste and play with that new code or do we need to delete some part of the code thats in the file already ?

This table uses JLou's dynamic flippers so you would need to remove all of the code for it if you wanted to make a change. The physics itself isn't bad. My problem is there is almost no bounce at all when the ball hits the flippers. There are adjustments that you can make at the beginning of the script. I tried to make adjustments to ones that look like they adjust bounce but I am not familiar JLou's flippers. I didn't have any luck so I can't help you. You might give it a try yourself.

@GeorgeH
does the line "SwingAngle =" matches the swing angle of the flippers in the GUI? If nothing changes I'm betting this is the problem and the ball is glued to the flippers everytime (most likely)

PS: I have the 4k version of the movie :)

Last edited:
@GerogeH
does the line "SwingAngle =" matches the swing angle of the flippers in the GUI? If nothing changes I'm betting this is the problem and the ball is glued to the flippers everytime (most likely)

PS: I have the 4k version of the movie :)

Did a quick check... and sure enough... making them both match returns the correct flipper bounce.

I've corrected the name in my answer so GeorgeH is notified as intended then.

@TerryRed
thanks for testing

Yep the swing angle was set to 48 in the script and all the flippers are set to 52, even the upper flippers (well the right flippers are 52 and the left flippers are -52). I changed the swing angle in the script to 52 and the bounce improved considerably.

It has been many years since I worked on this table. I rarely set the swing angle of all the flippers to be the same. I usually adjust them to hit the targets. I frequently set the 2 main flippers so they are not exactly the same. The end user usually can't see the difference. I am not sure what I would do if I were to use this code on my table mods.

i've been off for while unfortunately, but as far as I remember using DVf2, you really just need your normal XML in the script, set the options also in the script and call the DFv2 code. It was that simple.

PS: DFv2 has evolved and i'm not sure what version is on this table.

Hi @Zobou ,

I come back from a break, I update DFv2, i need to send it to you. I improve it a lot

@GeorgeH , there is no reason to set different swing angle between flipper... it's not the swing angle, the problem, it's the flipper start postion.

DFv2 is made to take account automaticaly up to 6 flippers and easy to put on every different table, whithout nothing to do in script. Just put GAMEPLAY OPTION. All table i have tested with, i have no problem for aiming with all the same swingangle

Hi @Zobou ,

I come back from a break, I update DFv2, i need to send it to you. I improve it a lot

@GeorgeH , there is no reason to set different swing angle between flipper... it's not the swing angle, the problem, it's the flipper start postion.

DFv2 is made to take account automaticaly up to 6 flippers and easy to put on every different table, whithout nothing to do in script. Just put GAMEPLAY OPTION. All table i have tested with, i have no problem for aiming with all the same swingangle

I suppose that is generally true. The start angle is what is usually different. Your flippers won't work on Doctor Who though. Paolo created a new model for the upper flipper that must have a shorter swing than the other flippers because it is longer than a standard flipper. Of course, this is a special case. I have found the swing at times needs to be longer on the upper flippers. It depends on where the target is.

Thanks for this it's a very interesting table. I like it so far just are there rules anywhere ?

Anyone else getting meditation error on this one?

Anyone else getting meditation error on this one?
I don't remember ever getting a problem with this table.
Do you have the error while loading the table or under a specific situation?

In any case, the usual 1st question is: are you on the latest BAM version?

I don't remember ever getting a problem with this table.
Do you have the error while loading the table or under a specific situation?

In any case, the usual 1st question is: are you on the latest BAM version?
Curious thing... I played the table twice right now. No errors.

Yes. I'm on v1.5-360.

Remember to exit FP when you get out of a table, even if it is to reload the same table again.

I had the same bug today... you have to completely exit the FP application in fact

JupiterAscending_Version_2.0_FizX_2.0.png

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back