Lengthen a sound for me?

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
I have a sound I need made three times the length it is if that's possible. I can shorten sounds with Wave Pad, but can't make them longer. I need this to make a very long launch/rolling sound for the flipperless tables which have looping launch shots before entering the playing field. Anyone a sound magician?

John

I use GoldWave Version 5.06. It has an effect called "Time Warp" which allows you to increase or decrease the length of a sound in a number of different ways. You can send it to me at [email protected] if you like and I'll give it a try.

CU

RH

Thanks Rocky, some over at VPF mentioned Gold Wave too, so I'm going to the trial version. sounds like it should do the trick.

John

Sound Reworked

Hi John,

I have reworked the sound you sent me. I have included three versions of it along with the original sound for comparison in a zip file below.

If these are not to your liking, let me know and I'll try something different.

They vary slightly in length due to the starting point of the expansion. I think the third one is the best. I can get some bumps ironed out if you like. There seems to be a slight thump after the plunger sound and before the rolling sound on this third version. I don't think it's a problem but I'll let you decide.

Let me know.

C Ya

RH

Attachments

• rework.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 325
Thanks Rocky. They all are fine, I'll use whichever one matches the looping launch the best. Great work.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back