Light House, 1934 Scientific Mach. Corp.

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
Coming next.

Stay tuned. This one is a bit weird!

Background has not been added. Plunger needs to be fixed. The game works and plays near perfect. Trap balls at the top trough for 500 points and light the Light House AND open the two middle side troughs for the balls to roll down and gain more points. Hit the free play hole at the top of the Light House to untrap the 500 point balls at the top trough and gain higher points AND you'll also gain a free ball to play. Either area is hit, the light house lights right up. Like I said, this one is a bit strange but is really fun to play.

Playfield redrawn by hand. Should of seen the original PIC. YUCK - covered in dust! This will NOT do! :)

Plunger metal cover redrawn. Light House partially redrawn. Holes redrawn. Middle ball troughs have yet to be redrawn. "FREE PLAY" needs to be redrawn. Much has to be done and will look like it's come right from the factory once I get this one totally redrawn. F1 (Gobble Holes) will be removed. Also have to add the tilt mech in the red "saucer".

Everything is currently playing EXCEPT for the center ball trough points. That's it. COMING SOON!

d

Attachments

• LightHousePIC.jpg
    LightHousePIC.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Sounds intereating Will. I'm a big fan of gobble holes. I really like these skill coin-ops you somehow find.

UPDATED PIC.

Placed new plunger.
Added backdrop.
Fixed "FREE PLAY" letters. This was EASILY fixed by using the letters from "SAFETY LIGHT" above using cutting and
pasting techniques.

YET TO ADD/FIX: "tilt" cup and fix the center ball troughs to work right / redraw them. I also have to fix a few of the round posts to look right.

d

PS: EVERYTHING needed to make a table is at IPDB. That's where I found this and it needed some TLC for a cleanup. The image was so covered in dust I was appalled at who would even let a machine get that bad! Awful!!! Of course 98% of all the images are either in need of a TOTAL REDRAW or are cut and have to be repasted into a new PF. Not much work, just need a lot of patience! :)

Attachments

• LightHousePIC2.jpg
    LightHousePIC2.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
That looks really nice! Looking forward to the release.

That looks really nice! Looking forward to the release.

Thanks Clyde! The compliment is appreciated. I'm doing my best to make this one look and play right :)

d

That does look nice...looks like it'll be fun to play.

Thanks guys. After this, I've just found Hayden Software's Computer Novel Construction Set, 1983 and will be making a few text adventure games WHILE I do a few more flipperless machines. I'm having double fun now! :)

d

Looking real good Wil! :)

Thanks! Just been so busy with this and that on Ebay. Been buying stuff for VERY cheap and been keeping up to tabs with the sellers. Sorry about that - been a bit busy and I'm not ignoring anyone. :)

Also been busy with Hayden Software's Computer Novel Construction Set and been having a ball with this 1985 text adventure creator. :)

d

I am sorry I have not been around for about a week; I'm not feeling well at all. I may have to see a doctor - who knows. Just keeping folks up to date on what I am up to and yes, I am still working on Light House. Give me time folks since I have other items in the works like a text adventure I would like to finish.

Sorry but am not well. Take care for now.

I may be gone for a few weeks to a few months depending on how I feel. I'll keep folks posted here at PN as much as possible. Who knows, I may even post tomorrow - I have not been doing much online now for a few weeks.

d

Last edited:
I've had a few folks email me about this one. Yes, I still have it and yes I am still going to make it for VP9. It's coming, just give me time. I have two newer WIP in the worx and a few VP6 to VP9 updated tables being done. My plate is currently full but I'll get to Lighthouse ASAP. :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back