Jlr

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
I noticed that sometimes i am not logged in anymore although the cookies and "remember me" option are enabled,not sure why this happens,i did not close the browser either and the issue happened with two different browsers.

Does anyone else experience the same issue?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my work pc as well as my home pc, one is running IE 6 and the other is using Firefox 3. I've tried it using the remember me option checked and without it checked but on the homepage I am always logged out, however if I go to the forums I am logged in.

Thank you Lionheart88,i will have to check if i am logged in via the forums and i will report later.Have a good thursday.

Yeah, happens all the time, nothing that a quick login or refresh can't fix, really is this such an issue? Still yes I guess you and I feel it tiresome at times, at such times I consider our most generous host and the way he has kept things up to date and running out of his own time and pocket, for the most part. I can't even fathom the way Jon has updated this site, without loss of any content, through several software package changes and so on and so forth.

Thank you also StevOz,i wanted to point it out again although it has been pointed out before.

.....at such times I consider our most generous host and the way he has kept things up to date and running out of his own time and pocket, for the most part. I can't even fathom the way Jon has updated this site, without loss of any content, through several software package changes and so on and so forth.
:special::appl::yes2:

Yeah, happens all the time, nothing that a quick login or refresh can't fix, really is this such an issue? Still yes I guess you and I feel it tiresome at times, at such times I consider our most generous host and the way he has kept things up to date and running out of his own time and pocket, for the most part. I can't even fathom the way Jon has updated this site, without loss of any content, through several software package changes and so on and so forth.
You make it sound like pointing out issues with the site means that he's ungreatful for it's existence. Constantly whining about those issues would mean that, but just pointing them out and asking a question about it is totally the right thing do. What if this wasn't a known issue?

I resolve this particular issue by jumping over to the forum, which always remembers me, then coming back to the homepage. After the forum visit, the rest of the site remembers me too.

The problem with not being recognized as logged in at the main site used to be fixed by clicking on the remember me check box on the forums home page but the last update in November messed that fix up..

An update for vBulletin was released which requires a new postnuke-vb bridge, i received these files today so we should get this fixed soon, in the mean time try this method:
I resolve this particular issue by jumping over to the forum, which always remembers me, then coming back to the homepage. After the forum visit, the rest of the site remembers me too.
Just some background information, Pinball Nirvana was one of the first sites in the world to incorporate a postnuke-vb bridge back in 10/07, hope to get these update issues solved.

Thank you for the information,it is nice of you.My purpose was to point out an issue but not to be ungrateful.

No problems Jlr, hope your post helps others as well!

Not quite on topic, but Jon, is there any chance that you could incorporate a forums-frontpage like that of VPForums? (The real VPForums of course,...a shame that this has to be added extra these days.)

You know, what we talked about some time ago. The most important thing would be the instantly-updating list with the currently active threads, (i guess it was the last 20 or so), and maybe that little announcements section above it. I take it this is some kind of module (i think its a standard module even) for VBulletin that can be switched in front of the subforums summary-page, which means your PostNuke frontpage could stay as it is. Most VBulletin based forums have this list, and i just think it would be nice to have it here too. It makes following active threads so much easier because you have a perfect overview. And it is definitely a lot better than the per-user-based 'Display New Posts' method, which i personally find a poor substitute.

What do you think,...would that be possible at all?

Not quite on topic, but Jon, is there any chance that you could incorporate a forums-frontpage like that of VPForums? (The real VPForums of course,...a shame that this has to be added extra these days.)

You know, what we talked about some time ago. The most important thing would be the instantly-updating list with the currently active threads, (i guess it was the last 20 or so), and maybe that little announcements section above it.
I know I'm not Jon, but I just thought I'd point out that the most recent (10) posts already are on PN's front page, just below the most recent downloads. News might be cool to add as well... VPF's was seldom updated and therefore not as useful as it could have been, I wouldn't want to see it added if it were left in that state. :p

I know I'm not Jon, but I just thought I'd point out that the most recent (10) posts already are on PN's front page
I realize that, but the problem is that it is always the 10 most recent posts, not threads.

In other words; if 10 people post in the same thread, and nobody in any other thread, then the entire list will be made of entries pointing to that one thread. One entry for each of the ten people that posted. And moreover, if anyone enters a subject in the subject line then the entry in the list will have that name too, suggesting it were different thread. And that kind of sucks, because it confuses and doesnt really help to get an overview either.

The VBulletin list-system im talking about (which we have at RealVPF) works different. There are always 20 (or was it 30?) different threads with the most recently active one being at the top and the oldest one at the bottom. No matter who has posted where. And thats what i would like to see here too, since it is the best way of seeing what is active, and what has been active while you were offline,...

I realize that, but the problem is that it is always the 10 most recent posts, not threads.

In other words; if 10 people post in the same thread, and nobody in any other thread, then the entire list will be made of entries pointing to that one thread. One entry for each of the ten people that posted. And moreover, if anyone enters a subject in the subject line then the entry in the list will have that name too, suggesting it were different thread. And that kind of sucks, because it confuses and doesnt really help to get an overview either.

The VBulletin list-system im talking about (which we have at RealVPF) works different. There are always 20 (or was it 30?) different threads with the most recently active one being at the top and the oldest one at the bottom. No matter who has posted where. And thats what i would like to see here too, since it is the best way of seeing what is active, and what has been active while you were offline,...
Ah, thanks for the explanation... I'd seen that distinction a few times in other places and never quite followed what the difference was. I do now.

Forgot to reply about the recent threads Phoenixx, I'm experimenting with several different things on the home page and the forum index, the site is going to be upgraded today (time permitting) so i hope to get something finalized.

Sorry i didnt reply earlier,...having some big-time trouble here,...will elaborate later.

Just wanted to post a quick note, say thanks for your efforts, and that i will be back as soon as i can replying to all unanswered posts,...

Phoenixx

An update for vBulletin was released which requires a new postnuke-vb bridge, i received these files today so we should get this fixed soon

Just FYI, the login problem seems completely unchanged for me after the update - the forum always remembers me, the front-end never does. The same work around still applies.

Seems to work better now. But I have to test it further. Thanks!

It appears that these log in problems were fixed yesterday by the postnuke-vb bridge developer, axew3! See his message in the Chatbox about the possible time but it was after m4paws post.

Thanks axew3!
:salut:

I'll test it out and let you know... Thanks JPH.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back