Sega Solved Lost In Space (Sega, 1998) Dot Matrix Display not working

vatosteve

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Lost in Space
Hi There,

I bought a lost in space pinball machine a couple years back and every once in awhile it requires a little maintenance. So far, I've been able to fix it, but now the dot matrix display will not come up and the machine will not run at all because of it.

The cabinet all lights up, but will not run.

I've replaced the fuses in the board, but to no avail.

I'm attaching some pictures of the board.

If there is anyone that has tips for me, or perhaps any knowledge that will help me, it'll be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7201.jpg
    IMG_7201.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_7202.jpg
    IMG_7202.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
Solution
Thank you pinballdaveh,

I ended up finding a replica board for a really good price, which fixed the machine up.

Now I have two boards. I'm going to still try and fix the first one so I can get some practice repairing.

Again, thank you for the tips. I checked the fuses, so now I'm gonna take the voltage readings.
after checking or replacing fuses, taking voltage readings on boards is usually next.

Thank you pinballdaveh,

I ended up finding a replica board for a really good price, which fixed the machine up.

Now I have two boards. I'm going to still try and fix the first one so I can get some practice repairing.

Again, thank you for the tips. I checked the fuses, so now I'm gonna take the voltage readings.

Solution
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back