Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
White Water
Hey Jon
love the Halloween theme you have running here at the moment

Can we keep the color scheme?

Upvote 0
I've never been a big fan of alternate themes, they used to be so hard to get things set up and configured properly, it's a lot easier now but I've noticed some problems that would have to be fixed for a dark one. The pinballs underneath our Usernames look terrible, and the main site will never look like the forum theme unless the portal is changed, that would probably take a few months of work...:sob:

After the current ongoing site upgrade is completed, I'll poke around for some additional themes.

Jon, I have to agree with Pete. Light colored text on a dark background is much easier on the eyes... ;) It'd be nice if we could get something like this at VPF, but seeing as how AJ has went into absentee landlord mode again I doubt it... :roll:

I vote it sucks, but it's OK for Halloween..... Light text on a black background is super annoying to me and if I was David Banner, it would surely turn me into the HULK! :cuss:

Bob, if you like burning out your retinas so much, I don't think anyone is going to stop you from staring into the sun for extended amounts of time... :evil_laugh: ;)

OK, My 2 cents. The Black screen with white type really hurts my eyes.

Some people seem to like it, but I Do Not !!!!

Rick

To anybody who doesn't like the theme:

Go to the bottom of the page.

See that "Halloween2008"? That's the box to change the style. So you can change it back to the old one.

Just wanted to point it out, in case somebody doesn't know about that.

The McD

if you wanna see some ugly themes, try out some of the alternates i have up at po! (peach, lime cordial both spring to mind - but I am told some people really like them - as with all themes).

I personally like this halloween one - but I think part of that is I use a 22"crt, and so lots of white space does indeed hurt - and gives me a mondo headache, but on a smaller screen, it may be different - hoo nose?

i like this darker theme.

when halloween is over just lose the fruity bats, pumpkins, skeletons etc. and ya got a theme you can use.

eventhough i kind of dig the skull that shows online/offline ... might steal 'em to use on my forum.

A new Christmas theme has been installed and is set as the default but this is from TheMcD:

To anybody who doesn't like the theme:

Go to the bottom of the page.

See that "Halloween2008"? That's the box to change the style. So you can change it back to the old one.

Just wanted to point it out, in case somebody doesn't know about that.

The McD
:xtree::8_6_11v::santa2:

I love this xmas theme! Very original! will you use other per the holiday as they come up? Y'know, Valentines, easter, etc? That'd be the bees knees!

I love this xmas theme! Very original! will you use other per the holiday as they come up? Y'know, Valentines, easter, etc? That'd be the bees knees!

I'll try to add more if i remember, Happy New Year, almost...

:8_6_11v:

Couple of different styles were added, I've corrected some errors but there might be more lurking about so post about any bugs that you might encounter.

Your style can be changed at the bottom left of any forums page, had to change all of the pinball's underneath User names, the old ones looked horrible with dark backgrounds. Thanks to GHoSTFaCe ("Dark" theme) and bob ("Wood" Theme) for the logo's.

:jocolor::blues:

I really like the wood theme for a change of pace. The current logo looks nice, but the one in my signature looks nice on wood too.

Thanks for all your efforts!!

is that option to change it back to the original default theme always gonna' be there? much as I thought I'd like it, at night when my eyes are tired it is hard for me to read the white on black, so I opted for the old one. Thanks for the different one though, How about yellow lettering on black, maybe that would be easier than the white?

is that option to change it back to the original default theme always gonna' be there? much as I thought I'd like it, at night when my eyes are tired it is hard for me to read the white on black, so I opted for the old one. Thanks for the different one though, How about yellow lettering on black, maybe that would be easier than the white?

Yes bottom left hand side of the page, select Default Style.

Damn, this dark style is by far the best style i have ever seen on a website!

Goes 100% perfect with my desktop theme,...its almost like they belong to the same suite.

Whoever made this: Great job! This would definitely make a great WindowBlinds Theme too!

And Thanks Jon for adding it,...dark themes are so much easier on the eyes if you use a big CRT on high resolution.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back