Magnetic field help

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
So, i'm trying to add xBAM magnetic field to a table and i'm surely missing something so simple that I'm overlooking it.

I tried with coordinates (as example below) and tied to a trigger / light coordinate but without results.

The flow is, I press the magnasave button, and if certain criteria is met, magnet is active and set. In debug I can see it is. But the ball is ignored nonetheless.

The timers exist on the table and the false conditions are also set in endofball and resetfornewgame

I have set:
Code:
Dim leftMagnaSave        '                                X        Y        Z    Range Strength
Set leftMagnaSave        = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(    474,     708,       0,      40,      0)

on key pressed, if conditions are met:
Code:
      If KeyCode = GetKeyCode(Special1Key) Then
            If (LightMagnetLeft.State = BulbOn) Then
                LeftMagnetSwitch = TRUE
                LeftMagnetTimer.Set TRUE, 5000
                leftMagnet()
            End If
        End If

The sub called from above
Code:
Sub LeftMagnet()
    leftMagnaSave.Strength = 10
    LightLeftInLane.FlashForMs 5000, 100, BulbOn
End Sub

The sub _expired
Code:
Sub LeftMagnetTimer_Expired()
    LeftMagnetTimer.Enabled = FALSE
    leftMagnaSave.Strength = 0
    LightMagnetLeft.State = BulbOff
    LeftMagnetSwitch = FALSE
End Sub

I have checked the example table in bam examples thread and gopinball link as well, but i'm stuck. I looked at TOTAN table and... not sure I get it and it's too complex for what I want anyway.

Hints, tips, a post I've missed with the "hidden features" :D, anything will help for sure so, thanks in advance.

Is the magnet on playfield at elevation of zero or on a ramp ?
And the location of magnet is X = 474 and y = 708 correct ?

you can try increasing Range to a crazy number like 500 and see if it works.

If you call it "magneticfield_0" instead of "leftMagnaSave" then it will appear in the magnetic field testing tool in BAM menu and you can adjust it on the fly .....did you read my tutorial on this ?

I knew it would be something universally stupid... but of of course, I could not miss the chance of embarrassing myself yet again.

I was testing the left magnet because of the mouse in right hand for manually set the conditions needed. As soon as I've read your second question, X=474 lit a very bright bulb was lit in my very small brain...

It was a C&P issue. Obviously LEFT means x=73 (in my case) and not 474 which is obviously to the right. I'm pretty sure you got it the moment you saw that so I appreciate not calling me an idiot right away even though you'd be right.

And now I remember the first reason why I quit programming... I hate debugging code after I had to do it in COBOL (you read right) and wasted 3 days looking for a _space_ ... :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back