BAM magnifique side for elvira

It's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIVE!!!!!!!!!

Hi fastdraw,
Your graphics and modeling skills as always are off the charts.
I have tried many times to add the new gif. feature to the side blades of a table but failed badly.
I thought I was insane for trying, glad to see someone else thinks like me.
It would be awesome if someone could do it, cheers!

Hi fastdraw,
Your graphics and modeling skills as always are off the charts.
I have tried many times to add the new gif. feature to the side blades of a table but failed badly.
I thought I was insane for trying, glad to see someone else thinks like me.
It would be awesome if someone could do it, cheers!

GIFs take up A LOT of ram...which FP is very limited with it's usage (being a 32 bit app). A GIF takes up much more ram than the equivalent of a bunch of JPG images.

I would only use GIFs for smaller looping type of videos. The other thing to consider is that GIFs are only 256 colours compered to 16 million of jpg images.

You can use BAM's texture swap feature to animate many things on almost any surface. The key is you need those images to already be used on another surface...so if you need many images it can add up to a lot of objects quick.

Another option is, you could create an overlay on the playfield with the images on an Image Sequence (instead of texture swapping and adding to surfaces,etc), and then use a BAM mini playfield to position it where you want.

Hi Terry,
GIF's have been a little odd for me, I posted Minions as a half arsed GIF test, seriously I GIF'd everything I could think off.
Table, backglass, models , lighting and everything set at max.
It didn't skip a beat, but with Terminator and a tiny GIF I added to Son's of Anarchy slightly noticeably ball stutter.
This is not because of BAM changes as I have tested the latest version with the same results.
It just so much easier using .gif than adding 100 or 1000's of single jpg's.
I have to keep it simple, I don't understand mini playfields or much at all about the technical side of things.
Shout out to Gimli!... He is a Talented dude, he made my bell swing and my mixer turn when it was hard work to do, cheers!

Hi Terry,
GIF's have been a little odd for me, I posted Minions as a half arsed GIF test, seriously I GIF'd everything I could think off.
Table, backglass, models , lighting and everything set at max.
It didn't skip a beat, but with Terminator and a tiny GIF I added to Son's of Anarchy slightly noticeably ball stutter.
This is not because of BAM changes as I have tested the latest version with the same results.
It just so much easier using .gif than adding 100 or 1000's of single jpg's.
I have to keep it simple, I don't understand mini playfields or much at all about the technical side of things.
Shout out to Gimli!... He is a Talented dude, he made my bell swing and my mixer turn when it was hard work to do, cheers!

The main problem with GIFs are the limited size they can be (in resolution and length), before they take up too much ram and cause FP to not load or crash.

So they are good for short looping effects, and something you won't see up close that's small, etc... but they are bad for hi resolution or lengthy amount of videos.

I was surprised how good Minions looks. I like it myself. It inspired me to give GIFs a try. I thought I would try it after I am finished with AFM.

Anyone know what happened to Steve? (@polygame) He was doing some work with animated gifs. Then he stopped posting.

@fastdraw

Your animations looks cool. It looks like it uses 5 or 6 frams so it shouldn't require much memory.

They just increase my workload at the office guys. That's all. not much time for anything else. Maybe later in the winter.
I told Gimli 2 months ago. Thought he'd passed the info along.

sorry.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back