Gottlieb Magnotron (Gottlieb, 1974) start-up issues...(wall of text)

Thanks Coil Smoke for responding. I have the original schematic, came with the machine. I don't see a Ball Counter Relay listed on the schematic. There is a "Ball Shooter Relay" ----- is that what you were referring to? I will try switching from 3 ball to 5 ball.
I'm used to seeing a ball counting device in the back box. Usually referred to as Ball Count Unit. I don't have much experience with multi-player EM's. I'm not sure if that's a ball counter in the back box photo of this Duotron machine. These counters are a stepping device that advances with the draining of a ball, They trigger the end of the game when they click up to the last position. Then they get reset to a game start position. I guess this is not being much help:headscratch:...C-S
image-8.jpg

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w2O639vHB6E?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Last edited:
i think this issue is either game over relay or last ball relay related. check latch, trip, and reset of these. check schematic circuits on these also to track down problem.

I tried switching from 3 ball to 5 and same thing happened. When I manually click the stepper in the back box, it seems to advance OK. I cleaned the contacts on the stepper and there is no change ---- when I press the game start button, the stepper rotates through, and then just goes to Game Over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back