Medieval Madness (Williams, 1997)(Francisco666)(1.5)(FIZX)

Williams SS Recreation FizX BAM FP Medieval Madness (Williams, 1997)(Francisco666)(1.5)(FIZX) V0.1

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Can you upload a screenshot?
Also looks like a few library files are missing?

You may want to hide (untick "render" in the GUI) the "kicker2".
I think it is "locking" the ball coming from the catapult. At least when I did, the ball wasn't stuck in the wireframe ramp anymore when I hit the catapult.

This is an awesome table that could use a bit more work on the lighting and DMD now... just saying ;)

Thank you for the update.

thank you AnonTet,
Done it, alot better now.
I'm starting with this, i limited to the "TerryRed" tutorial and now you guys.
Thank you very much.

The table looks great. I haven't played a ton of future pinball tables but it feels like the ball speed and bounciness is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes it unexpectedly moves super fast and other times it's kind of floaty. Holding the left flipper on plunge should take the ball all the way around for the super skill shot. That wasn't working for me.

@RLR
Don't be afraid to ask. And considering YT videos (even from Terry :) ) get outdated fast, it's already a wonderful job. Don't be afraid to ask in the forum when in doubt.

@supramario
That would probably be because of the RubberPostType(xx)/rubberBandType(xx) that needs finetuning. Some might be bouncier and tuning a table hard work and need a harder rubber setting to be configured. The foundation is there now though and that's the most important part :)

I wish more people join in and start porting FizX to tables. Just adding FizX code and objects needed is already a great effort. With practice, it gets a lot easier (it really does).

The plunger strength (assuming the GUI slider is in the middle) should be set in the XML. The slider CAN and should be used but I had mixed results so I'd avoid putting all the way to the right. if 2 or 3 "clicks" doesn't do the trick.
that of course raises the question if the plunger should be swapped by the regular spring one instead. I don't know how the real table is.

Last edited:
Does fansisco666 allow his tables to be modded without permission?

He announced quite a while back that anyone can mod his tables. I posted a version of MM although it doesn't have FizX yet:

You may want to hide (untick "render" in the GUI) the "kicker2".
I think it is "locking" the ball coming from the catapult. At least when I did, the ball wasn't stuck in the wireframe ramp anymore when I hit the catapult.

This is an awesome table that could use a bit more work on the lighting and DMD now... just saying ;)

Thank you for the update.
where exactly can i find this option ? everytime i indeed shoot the catapult its stuck

There are some authors of older tables that are simply not in the hobby anymore, and have been out of touch for many years.

If in doubt, try to contact them... and if they never get back to you for a long time... I'd rather see an updated / mod of a classic FP table be released for everyone to enjoy. If the author decides after years of being gone to finally come back and address that they don't want mods shared, etc... then so be it at that point.

I tried to contact Rom for a long time before modding MOTU many years ago. He was long out of the hobby and never responded. So, I felt I did my due diligence, and waited long enough. It wasn't until Rom saw a video of my mod of his table on my YT channel, that he contacted me to say he loved seeing the new stuff being added to his older tables, and he was amazed that people are still playing them. That would have never happened had I not at least tried to follow through and share it for everyone to enjoy.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back