JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Pinball Nirvana's Progressive Web App (mobile site interface options) has been added, it can also be installed on PC's.
Progressive web what?

A Progressive Web App (PWA) for Pinball Nirvana has been installed for over 1 month and seems to be working fine for me. The PWA for PN can be installed on devices and provides a different interface with the site instead of a browser tab. We have a growing number of Users that use mobile devices to reach us (phones and tablets), sometimes it's over 50 %!

This sort of amazes me because I don't have a tablet, rarely use my phone to reach websites and just suck with cell phones in general, and am a damned boomer.

Regardless, I currently have the PN PWA installed on my android phone, it's purpose is to enhance visiting PN with mobile devices, I also installed it on my pc's desktop. There's been a increase in mobile traffic to the site since it was installed but I wanted to make sure that it was announced.

It's a small Pinball Nirvana App that can be installed onto devices by visiting the site, the prompts to install with android devices appear automatically or in the site address browser bar area, worked with Firefox and Chrome browsers in my android phone. It also worked with Chrome on my PC, the install option is located in a + icon or more options near the site address browser bar area, it can be uninstalled directly from the PN app or from the same install locations. Installing the PN app will place a new gorgeous Pinball Nirvana Icon with a link onto your device's desktop (don't even know if phone user's have desktops but it would be on your small "desktop"...:smokin2:) containing a different interface for the site.

This is a question type of thread that was created, I'd probably learn more about cell phones from you guy's than I'd be able to answer questions about our PN PWA.

Mobile visitors should try it, the new options are probably better than a browser tab and will improve, desktop users could offer input about the app and/or cell phone knowledge like I don't have?
☎️

Last edited:
I sometimes use to look here on my mobile (android 10) lately and had no problems whatsoever except one.

While replying, sometimes it "stops" showing what's being written. I can keep writing and stuff is kept (even delete with back space) and when I take the virtual keyboard off the screen eventually everything will be fine. But the the whole "page" is frozen.

Thanks for the info @AnonTet, I'm trying to troubleshoot this problem and have some questions that might help.

I'm wondering if this has happened since late Sunday, I changed a major setting on the site back then.
I also wanted to know if this happens when using a browser instead of the new PN App (PWA) or both?

Just trying to figure this stuff out...:injury:

Using a browser I have no problems whatsoever.

As far as I can remember it was always like this on my mobile. Note that when I start replying it's ok but if I take a bit longer then it "freezes" the page. Still working but I don't see what I'm writing/deleting. Maybe when the text is too much so the edit window needs scrolling?

I know for sure that pressing back to remove the virtual keyboard and then come back to edit solves the problem... for a little while longer.

I'll try to use the forum only on my mobile tomorrow. See if I can see a pattern on a sequence of actions that may lead to this issue and report back.

This is helpful, the PN App can also be installed on desktops and wasn't available for mobile devices or desktops until about a month ago.

When I mentioned browsers, I should have described mobile browsers, I'm guessing that you were probably experiencing this on mobile with Firefox, Chrome, etc...

The problem could have been corrected by accident since Sunday, I'm primarily interested in mobile browser types and if it happens with the new PN PWA. Hope more of our mobile visitors could chime in, they hover close to 50 % of us and I suck with phones. It's just getting more and more important to get things working properly with mobile devices.

I did misunderstood, indeed.
What working is my browser in PC.

Regarding mobile browsers, I'm using Chrome. I'm actually answering this on my phone.

I had not tried for a few days so maybe it really was fixed on Sunday.

I'll try to use my phone whenever I want to post something for the next few days but it's looking promising as no problem occurred so far :)

/Edit for testing purposes and add more info

Just made another post in a conversation. Still working great

Last edited:
Test with Firefox for android with attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-104056.png
    Screenshot_20210415-104056.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 65
Pinball Nirvana's PWA (Progressive Web App) has been updated, as mentioned earlier this can enhance mobile phone or tablet visitors experience for the site. I also installed it on my desktop with Chrome and have installed it on my Android phone in Chrome and Firefox, I guess Firefox on desktops need a PWA extension which I don't have yet. We have a growing User list of Mobile phone Users which I still suck at..

The install prompt for the PWA usually appears near the browsers address bar or more options in the browser at PN.
A major update was made for iOS which I don't have and uses Safari? Since I suck at this, I'll just quote the news from March:

Full iOS PWA compatibility with push notification support​

iOS 16.4 finally introduced push notifications for iOS devices. To facilitate this, your members need to install your site as a PWA (by utilising the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari). XenForo 2.2.13 now satisfies all of the prerequisites for this to support push notifications which can be enabled by your members once they log in through the PWA and enable push notifications in their Preferences.

The PWA (progressive web app) has now been enhanced with additional gesture based or UI controls, including pull down to refresh and a floating back button.

☎️📞:color:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back