VP8 Stern SS Recreation Monopoly V1.1 and V1.1F Released

Solid State Machines

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
As mentioned in the V1.0 thread, a quick V1.1 update has replaced the main V1.0 file and has a fix for the right outlane ball getting stuck on some systems (mostly VP6.1, though I think) and BMPs for the flasher effects (to avoid jaggies on some systems).

V1.1F (Fast Edition) is also now available and removes two large flasher effect reels that could slow some systems down. You no longer get the neat apron reflection effect, but it should speed up some systems that were getting choppy ball movement. It runs great on my mere 1GHz PIII system even, so give it a try if you're having slow behavior.

Note, however, you should use VP7 (unexpiring) for Monopoly as that's what it was made with and intende to operate with. You'll lose certain settings like gate elasticity with VP 6.1 and the ball might get stuck under the pop bumpers where VP7 doesn't seem to have that problem. It is available here under Downloads -> Essential Files if you don't already have it.

Pacdude said:
Note, however, you should use VP7 (unexpiring) for Monopoly as that's what it was made with and intende to operate with. You'll lose certain settings like gate elasticity with VP 6.1 and the ball might get stuck under the pop bumpers where VP7 doesn't seem to have that problem.
Sigh. This is not a VP 6.1 problem, I run VP 7. (In fact, I was running VP 7 while you were still advocating staying with 6.1 because of all of VP 7's bugs! Us XP SP2 users were forced upgrade early.) The apron jaggies and the right lane issue are gone now in 1.1, thank you, but the ball still gets stuck occasionally just under the top pop bumpers (it's happened to me once in about a dozen games so far). It seems to happen only when the ball SLOWLY exits the bottom of the bumper area.

It sounded to me like most people having those problems are using VP6....

What "all of" VP7 bugs? The scintilla editor doesn' align text right sometimes, but that's the only glaring bug i know of. VP7 is WAY more stable than VP6 here for building tables. I don't get random crashes like I did with VP6. If you run your resources ragged, it will crash, but otherwise it's way more pleasant to use and I use Win98SE at home (and XP at my mother's house and both work fine).

I personally haven't had the ball get stuck under the pop bumpers, but then every 12 games is a lot of games you guys are playing. I figured it had to do with the ramp height there (very problematicd to control exactly where a ramp is a certain height in VP when it crosses narrow areas like that), but it may in fact be something else like jamming itself into a corner or something. The problem is if I can't get the ball problem, I can't hardly try adjusting things to solve it, if you follow what I'm saying. I can move or add an invisible wall to try and keep a ball out of a certain spot (you'll note there are already some there for that purpose when I was having some ball issues), but how will I know if it's fixed until I play x amount of games without a problem if it's so sporadic? More to the point, if *I* never have seen it get stuck yet, how am I going to figure which part to try adjusting as I can't tell either way?

So you see it's problematic at best. I could try a few things and post some betas in a new directory or something for people having that problem to try out and see if it helps, but that could be a long drawn-out process.... The best thing I could do is try to elminate as many potential areas around there as I can see MIGHT cause problems and put out a beta for people to try and see if it helps. I am a bit sick of tweaking this table, though as I stayed up most of the night doing just that and adding last minute details I missed, etc.

What "all of" VP7 bugs? The scintilla editor doesn' align text right sometimes, but that's the only glaring bug i know of.
Me too. But it wasn't me that wasn't upgrading it was you, I don't know what your reservations were... No matter, we both use VP7 now, so that elminates the VP6.1 thought, that's all I was getting at.
So you see it's problematic at best. I could try a few things and post some betas in a new directory or something for people having that problem to try out and see if it helps, but that could be a long drawn-out process....
... and since it happens to sporadically to me, it's tough for me to tell if it's fixed anyway, so I certainly see the problem. I think it's getting stuck under the ramp, in which case maybe a wall under there might help. I'll try playing with it and let you know what (if anything) I find.

Early VP7 versions had problems. Alpha5 and the unexpiring versions work fine, IMO.

Meanwhile, I've got yet another update about ready to be sent to downloads here at Pinball Nirvana. I've blocked off the upper pop bumper area between the bumper and the ramp across there so that the ball shouldn't be able to get stuck under there anymore. You'll have to test it, though since I can't reproduce the problem here thus far.

It'll be up shortly there as V1.2 and V1.2F (Fast Edition).

Ok, V1.2 and V1.2F are up. Let me know if balls are still getting stuck....

Wow you're fast. I had a fix which seemed to have fixed it, but now I'll try yours instead. If I find it hasn't, I'll post what my fix was.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back