VP8 Williams SS Recreation Monster Bash (Jamin 1.2)

Solid State Machines

Jamin7474

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I'm going to start adding the tables I had put on savefile since most of those had expired due to inactivity. First up is Monster Bash its the same one that was up on savefile so if you remember that is where you got the one you're playing now nothing has changed on it.

I probably won't put up one's like Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future update that was in the works, as JP and Groni have done excellent recreations of those.

I was making versions of Monster Bash, STTNG and Tales of the Arabian Nights replacing the sideimage walls with reels that improved performance dramatically but had a HD crash a while back in which some of the data recovered ended up being corrupted. I lost all the updated vpt's and quite a few jpg's that were pivotal to the tables recreations. I did however have all the images that i worked from written to dvd so didn't have to search the web to get the images to work with again. Well losing all that work was a bit frustrating so I took a bit of a break from starting up again but going to start attempting some tables again. I was glad to see that JP/Groni came out with their versions of STTNG and TOTAN.

I'm going to start trying to make tables similar to JP/Groni. First up will be my all-time fave Red & Ted's Roadshow and if that goes well will start on others as well (The Shadow, Who Dunnit, Monster Bash, etc.)

Thanks Jamin I really like all the work you put into your tables and MB is quite good! :)

Ya same here i love the tables that you've done. Everybody does something different and i like that so make some more tables if you can please. If you could, could you make a no good gopher from williams i love that table and it needs improvment from the one that's out their. Thanks again Dave P.

Many thanks Jamin. I appreciate your tables and all your time and energy that you put into creating them. It's nice to know you are still around and working on tables!

Thanks Jamin

Nice work on Monster Bash, I look forward to all your releases. :cheers:

This looks and plays great! I would stick with your own style, as it works for me. :-)

I'm going to start trying to make tables similar to JP/Groni. First up will be my all-time fave Red & Ted's Roadshow and if that goes well will start on others as well (The Shadow, Who Dunnit, Monster Bash, etc.)

Thanks for Monster Bash Jamin and uploading it here. A nice table and worthy of spending some time at PN's archives.
Personally I am looking forward to an updated JP/Groni quality table of The Shadow. I thought you made a pretty solid version already a while ago?

I just wanted to say thanks for all your tables, Jamin7474, they are always a source of inspiration, and I always use them as a reference since most of the times I have never played the original table.

JP

Good work Jamin!

I'm lately getting into playing your 'SouthPark' machine .. I must say .. the theme is quite 'different' than a regular pinball table ;)

Thanks again!

hey Jamin, JPSalas... you guys do some really great work. Ive been having a ball checking out your tables. I'm consistently looking for your names in the "author:" fields of tables that are posted because I know it'll be quality.

Something wrong with Frankenstein

Hey Jamin. I like your Monster Bash pinball table but there is something wrong with Frankenstein. I don't know if it's my computer or not or VP but when I collect all his body parts he doesn't open up and I can't go through him. I saw a video of one of your last versions of this table on YouTube and he works, but not mine. Could you help me out please? :headscratch:

If anytime a toy on a table stops working I usually delete the nvram file for that game. Its happened to me on frank or drac for Monster bash, happens on bulldozer for Roadshow and some others. It happens from time to time not sure what causes it but so far deleting the nvram gets it working again. Lose all your high scores and rom volume settings but its fun getting new high scores again. Its located in the nvram folder of wherever you installed vpinmame.

The one I seem to have it happen the most on is Attack from Mars (gate stays up), but like Jamin I've found it happens with a lot of the "toys" in various games occasionally. Instead of deleting the NVRAM (I hate losing my scores), I go into the ROM and runs the tests on the toy in question. It usually fixes it if you play with it enough.

can i ask where can i find the nvram folder,because i find one but its empty and have a note that says here comes the nvram where there arent.

i found nvram and i erase it but when i play it comes again and frankenstein doesnt stand up -i erase but he doesnt stand up.

(1)Erase the Monster Bash nvram.
(2)Start the table, press no keys, and wait for the FACTORY SETTINGS RESTORED message to appear in the DMD (the score window).
(3)Press the top 7 key once and wait for the score to appear in the DMD. Press only the top 7 key and no other. Don't use the NUMPAD keys. They won't work.
This enables the Calibration Mode for the toys on first time run.
Pressing the top 7 key the first time you start a newer Williams/Bally table like Monster Bash or Corvette or Machine: Bride of Pinbot calibrates the toys so that the nvram then records the positions of the toys for proper operation, else the toys get lost in their movements and might malfunction as you described in your post.

Again, wait for the Calibration Mode to finish and the normal Play Mode to appear with the score displayed before pressing any other key. When the program writes a new Monster Bash NVRAM file to the NVRAM folder and if the table is working correctly, do not delete the nvram for the game. Only delete the nvram file when the toys and table are not behaving correctly.

Last edited:
thanks for your help but i have the same problem again.I am doing what you wrote but nothing.

In the editor with the table loaded, click the Options button on the left side of the screen to open the Options Menu on the right side of the screen and under Options > Table > Colors and Formatting Make Sure to Remove the check from the
Table Render Caching checkbox and leave this checkbox Unchecked.
Close Visual Pinball, then delete the Monster Bash NVRAM.

Then open Visual Pinball and the Monster Bash table and Make Sure to wait a couple of minutes after pressing the 7 key for Calibration Mode to finish.

Also Frankenstein doesn't stand up until you hit the 4 targets at his feet, so if you haven't hit the targets, he won't stand.

thanks for your help but nothing-the box was already unchecked.now what i am doing wrong i dont know but i wiil try again what you wrote.

Can you play the game? Is the game playable?
If not, then it's something else going on.
Post here and tell us if the table cannot be played because that means there is something else to do to make it work.

If you can play the table and you are playing Jamin's version of Monster Bash, then I'm not sure, but it might be designed for VPinball8.1.
If this is correct and you are not using VP8.1.exe to play this table, then you'll want to download the VPinball8.1.exe to play this version of the table.
Get VP8.1.exe here, and unzip it to any convenient folder. You can unzip it to your current Visual Pinball (or C:\Pinball folder that contains the current VPinball.exe) and Right-Click on the download .exe to make a Shortcut for VP8.1 to the desktop. This will not affect the VP Shortcut that you already have on the Desktop.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-getit-lid-1206.html

Are you using something like Monster Bash VP9?
If so, then make sure to use Visual Pinball version 9+ when
playing a VP9 version table, or use an older 8.1 version of the table designed for VP8.1.

Last edited:
the game is ok -only frankenstein doesnt stand up.I will try and with version 8

Let us know if VPinball8.1.exe straightens it out.

nothing-all the game is ok only 1 is the problem-i will try again and i will inform you

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back