Solid State Machines

jogrady7

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Eight ball deluxe
jogrady7 submitted a new resource:

Mr. Bubble Cabinet Version - Updated SpookyMuldar's cool table for Cabinets

This is an update of SpookyMuldar's cool table, but I was unable to contact this person to get their permission. Here's the message I sent.

"I love your Mr. Bubble table and music, but I'm a cabinet user. So I made some changes to the table to allow it to be used with a working B2S. I basically put back in the Stern Freefall plumbing and updated the table to use that. So it now behaves as a 4 player machine with multi-ball ball working, but it still looks and sounds like your originally...

Read more about this resource...

Nice Table the kids love it.
The 3 yellow bumbers on top are not working. Are they working for everyone else??

went into the editor on the table changed The bumpers hit threshold from 100 to 1 now all is ok
Thanks for creating this table.

I can't get table to load it says can't find gamename but i have added rom. I have added to vpmalias text file. Can anyone help? Thanks.

nice table ...thanks

The Slingshots are not working

The 3 yellow bumbers on top are not working. Are they working for everyone else??

went into the editor on the table changed The bumpers hit threshold from 100 to 1 now all is ok
try this

try this
It’s not the bumpers so the slingshots at buttom left and right of the table

I have the previous version of the table without the backglass mod and the slingshots is working

The 3 bumpers is working with your advice

Thanks!

How do you turn off the default table ROM sounds? When trying to play I get the default voice talking and sounds.

Thanks for creating this table.
Where, exactly, do you make this edit?

To edit a Bumpers Hit Threshold..
Open the table in Editor and uncheck Layers 2 and 11. (There is a tab at top of Editor that says "Layers".)
Now you can click on the Bumper, and on right hand side of Editor, you will see a Physics section.
Click that, and you will see a Hit Threshold section where you can edit the number.
Capture.PNG

Problem solved, the slingshots having bad treshold too.

To edit a Bumpers Hit Threshold..
Open the table in Editor and uncheck Layers 2 and 11. (There is a tab at top of Editor that says "Layers".)
Now you can click on the Bumper, and on right hand side of Editor, you will see a Physics section.
Click that, and you will see a Hit Threshold section where you can edit the number.
View attachment 23961
Thanks. All 3 were at 100 so I changed them to 1. Any advice on the ROM sounds? How do you turn off the default table ROM sounds? When trying to play I get the default voice talking and sounds.

Thats because the rom sounds are not being shutoff, thanks to the alias rom name.
If you look at line 40 in the table script you will see this..

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 0

change to

.Games("freefall").Settings.Value("sound")=0

Then you will need to turn the rom sounds back on with table exit, so go to bottom of table script and you will see this..

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 1:Controller.Stop:End Sub

Change to

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games("freefall").Settings.Value("sound") = 1:Controller.Stop:End Sub

Thats because the rom sounds are not being shutoff, thanks to the alias rom name.
If you look at line 40 in the table script you will see this..

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 0

change to

.Games("freefall").Settings.Value("sound")=0

Then you will need to turn the rom sounds back on with table exit, so go to bottom of table script and you will see this..

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 1:Controller.Stop:End Sub

Change to

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games("freefall").Settings.Value("sound") = 1:Controller.Stop:End Sub
I keep a log of stuff regarding VPX to review (and add) since I forget stuff and there's a lot and I had saved this info on the scripts at the top and bottom - but no where did I see that I needed to change where it has cGameName w/the ROM name! I never knew that and wondered why it never worked! You see that same beginning part of that script line near the top of all scripts (right below the Controller line) near where I add NVOffset info but I've never changed anything where it has cGameName. SO I need to update my log that I need to change that to the ROM name. Thank you!

@wryker
Open the table in the Editor.
Now click Edit tab at top.
Now press Select Element. (Easiest way of selecting an element that is buried under other items.)
Go down list until you see LeftSlingshot.
Press it so it is highlighted blue then click the Select tab at bottom of window.
This will highlight and select it in the editor.
Now you go to State and Physics section on right side of editor, and adjust Slingshot Threshold number.
Now do the same above for the other slingshot, and this time select the RightSlingshot in list and press Select. (As seen in pic.)
Adjust and you are good to go.
Capture.PNG

@wryker
Open the table in the Editor.
Now click Edit tab at top.
Now press Select Element. (Easiest way of selecting an element that is buried under other items.)
Go down list until you see LeftSlingshot.
Press it so it is highlighted blue then click the Select tab at bottom of window.
This will highlight and select it in the editor.
Now you go to State and Physics section on right side of editor, and adjust Slingshot Threshold number.
Now do the same above for the other slingshot, and this time select the RightSlingshot in list and press Select. (As seen in pic.)
Adjust and you are good to go.
View attachment 23962
So do I lower that number to 1 like I did for the bumpers?

This is my setup for left and right Slingshot!

1645743388727.png

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back