Popotte

Flipper is good for you!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Good old EM
Hello,
I'm almost sure there is already a post about this (saying it's not possible), but can we assign a table to multiple authors.
If not, would be this possible in the future?
If not, well, it's not a drama.

Upvote 0
Vanilla XenForo can't do this, and last time we checked, there wasn't yet an add-on to change that. So, only one official author for the time being. You have to manually list the other authors in table info.

That said, if you feel like researching whether a new add-on has come out since then, maybe take a look and make a suggestion?

Also, you can indeed have multiple authors ("resource teams") attached to a resource, able to do updates on their own. See here:

Last edited:
When Resource Teams were introduced, it was tested a bit and worked well, here's a description:

Resource owners will be able to add up to 10 other users as team members for each resource. Team members will be able to take actions against a resource as if it were their own, with the exception of deletions which may only be performed by the owner.

Resource owners will find the "Manage resource team" in the More Options drop down menu for their resource, images attached.

Resources_More_options_drop_down.png

Resource_Teams_Add_Members.png

My problem is: I created a table with Mr X. OK. When you search Mr X's ressources, you don't find our marvelous, incredible table!
It's all. I always respected my co creator.

My problem is: I created a table with Mr X. OK. When you search Mr X's ressources, you don't find our marvelous, incredible table!
Yeah, I understand but this isn't currently possible, as Ike suggested, it's one of the first things I looked for after installing the Resources, I hope it's added eventually, it's also not possible to assign resources to authors that haven't registered on the site.

The only thing you can do now is mention all of the Authors in the description area.

Yeah, I understand but this isn't currently possible, as Ike suggested, it's one of the first things I looked for after installing the Resources, I hope it's added eventually, it's also not possible to assign resources to authors that haven't registered on the site.

The only thing you can do now is mention all of the Authors in the description area.
I feel your pain, JP, and actually I have a couple more suggestions--

We can still tie things together in other ways. Some methods may be preferable to others, but let's take a look at this small group of tables:

Emkaah and Ale were co-authors of a couple tables, and each made one table without the other. That's four tables in all. Ale has an account here, but Emkaah never did. What I've done is to credit all four tables to Ale, but I gave Emkaah credit in the title to the ones he authored or co-authored.

So that's one idea that's fits this particular situation. It's not perfect, but helps with the grouping.

A second idea is to add tags. If you look at each individual table, you'll see a tag that identifies each person's work. That means you can click on either ale, emkaah, or emkaah-ale to see each subset of tables linked together.

In table info fields, you could then mention the tags so that users could click on them to see the associated work. You could also make a thread that lists the tables and describes them in more detail, like this:

Such a thread could even be added to resources to further help users see the tables in question!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back