My apologies and a few screenshots

Thanks Ian. I thought it would bring a laugh. My one friend hooked me up with some speakers so FINALLY I can get some of these tables cranked out.

What I have coming may surprise or shock some folks since I've been slammed with some amazing screenshots of machines I never thought I would see and IPDB has no images of them so this isn't much of a hint as to what I want to get finished but let's just say I'm AMAZED folks have gotten a hold of me to send me some NICE images.

Some are being cleaned up so I can use the original images themselves with some to no redrawing. Some have to be redone and some not much of anything has to be done but it's relearning all the VP stuff in the coding that will take time.

I'm around and TRYING to get something out the door sort to speak but I'm trying.

That is great news bro! (It sucks when computer breaks down. I can't remember what the hell I did before computers, but it was not as fun!)
Take your time, and don't over do it, or stress out on it.
We all love your tables, but we also care about your health, and do not want you stressing on anything more than you already have been going through.
You are preserving these vintage tables for all time!!
That is pretty damn cool in my book!
Thanks again for all the work you have done to bring the community these vintage classics!
It is very appreciated!
Carry on.

That is great news bro! (It sucks when computer breaks down. I can't remember what the hell I did before computers, but it was not as fun!)
Take your time, and don't over do it, or stress out on it.
We all love your tables, but we also care about your health, and do not want you stressing on anything more than you already have been going through.
You are preserving these vintage tables for all time!!
That is pretty damn cool in my book!
Thanks again for all the work you have done to bring the community these vintage classics!
It is very appreciated!
Carry on.
Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been really really busy.

Had to redo all the disability paperwork and I've been sleeping around 12 hours a day. I barely stay awake so I fight to do so when I can. I still can't figure out why my new doctor wants me to sleep for so long. Maybe he knows something I don't.

My friend had an ablation so he was in the hospital for a day after the heart surgery. Kind of scary but he's a big and strong guy. He's doing very very well. I was a bit scared having to drive his van back to where I live which was 45 miles back but I made it. I then had to go get him and drive him back. I haven't driven a car in over 3 years because it's very hard for me to stay on the road due to all my dizziness.

Anyway I'm working on something. Well a few things actually. As usual it takes time so I'm taking my time to make sure it all comes out just about right. I'm TRYING to preserve all the image original pieces from play fields as possible so let's see how this comes out. So far so good. The slower it takes the nicer they should come out.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I wish for nothing less for you.

-d

Had to redo all the disability paperwork and I've been sleeping around 12 hours a day. I barely stay awake so I fight to do so when I can. I still can't figure out why my new doctor wants me to sleep for so long. Maybe he knows something I don't.
Good sleep is one of nature's primary self-cures, so actually I'm glad to hear that. I.e., with all your active medical stuff, I'm not surprised your body wants extra sleep these days, Will.

So your disability-process is proceeding, then?
We need to have a little online party when that finally comes through, matey.
You'll have earned it!

I haven't driven a car in over 3 years because it's very hard for me to stay on the road due to all my dizziness.
Damn, that's scary.

Indeed, my friggn' CFS/ME typically leaves me foggy-headed & useless, and it's really only when I take stimulants (usually too much caffeine & kratom), that I can focus-in and work on projects, these days. (note to self-- I need a new body, or at least my body from 20yrs ago, daggit)

Btw, sorry for not catching up, recently.
Part of that is because I feel guilty from our last convo, the one where I was a bit grumpy asshole about the 'political' stuff.

Last thing-- yeah, so friggn' cool that Charles (XenonPH) upgraded all those tables of yours!
Actually there was one that caught my eye, Maple Leaf:

15657-a86f9d96373fbe24beef0bbd23b22a03.jpg

These days it's beyond rash for me to promise anything to anyone (lol), but I was thinking that if I could find you a 'not-so-bright' ball image that was a good match for that table, would you be interested in taking a look?

Good sleep is one of nature's primary self-cures, so actually I'm glad to hear that. I.e., with all your active medical stuff, I'm not surprised your body wants extra sleep these days, Will.

So your disability-process is proceeding, then?
We need to have a little online party when that finally comes through, matey.
You'll have earned it!

Damn, that's scary.

Indeed, my friggn' CFS/ME typically leaves me foggy-headed & useless, and it's really only when I take stimulants (usually too much caffeine & kratom), that I can focus-in and work on projects, these days. (note to self-- I need a new body, or at least my body from 20yrs ago, daggit)

Btw, sorry for not catching up, recently.
Part of that is because I feel guilty from our last convo, the one where I was a bit grumpy asshole about the 'political' stuff.

Last thing-- yeah, so friggn' cool that Charles (XenonPH) upgraded all those tables of yours!
Actually there was one that caught my eye, Maple Leaf:

These days it's beyond rash for me to promise anything to anyone (lol), but I was thinking that if I could find you a 'not-so-bright' ball image that was a good match for that table, would you be interested in taking a look?
I sleep TOO MUCH. I get up for an hour or two then sleep 6 to 8 hours. It's a nightmare for me and when I wake up I'm STILL GROGGY and want to go back to bed. This worries me but come the 14th I have to see the doctor again. Actually I had to redo all the "question sheets" and refile. I then had to contact my attorney about it. He now has to fill out a 1696 to represent me. This is nuts.

Don't worry about the last conversation we had. It's talk. Like I always say, I keep an open mind. Everyone is entitled to their free speech. We all have to live with that. We're all individuals for a reason ;)

I never knew xenonph's name at all until recently. Some of the updates did screw up some of the graphics but I had all the original backups so not a big deal to me. Also everyone pretty much knows if folks want to change something in the game they can as long as they keep it to themself. Not a big deal (gates on the play field on Good Luck is one of them).

Yeah Charles asked and I said go for it. Something with a keypress and to remove the pinkish colors. I have no idea how that happened but it did. I'm trying to watch that on the other tables I'm working on. I do really appreciate what he did.

Same goes for this ball thing. Folks can change that if they want. I like the ball I used but it's a quick fix via VPX for any user. I don't think it really needs an update honestly. If you want to send me another ball image please do. I'll look into it.

Right now the table(s) I'm working on using white glass marbles so I still have to deal with that. I'm right now redrawing the play field and have to find some nice quality chrome for pieces on it. If I was in my earlier years of VP I would have had it done by now but I really want this one to come out right. Well the three tables I have going right now. I may finish a few, hold them them drop them all at once. We have to see.

Thanks for the post. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hope you are doing ok mate, and in the end see a great health benefit from all that sleep.

Topaz Plugins and GigaPixel
Thanks but using MS Paint and GIMP both get me through everything. I REDRAW without trying to remove too much old imagery. I've been doing this for over 10 years with redrawing and over 20 making Visual Pinball tables. Much appreciated though!

Wrong file... I was doing a million things...

Last edited:
Well VPX just crashed BIG TIME on me but I'm thankful I got a Dell Precision T5600 with 16 cores and 16GB or RAM. Now have to wait for the new graphic card I bought. I'm working on something but give me time. It won't be too long. Without a graphic card I cannot use the T5600. There are no integrated graphics on it.

I've backed up EVERYTHING so far so It's safe. Seems to not like to have items locked on the working screen or something but who knows. I WAS currently working with a 1GB graphic card so that also may be the issue. I get constant black screens and no load.

I just bought an MSI R7 250 with 2GB so that may fix the issue until I can afford a newer graphic card.

FIGURES VPX would do this when I'm so near done! GRRRRRR.
SEVEN.png

I'm doing my best to TRY and get something done.

Worst part is ordering a graphic card from Ebay. The guy I bought it from SHOULD have sent it out Monday but refused and shipped it out Wednesday. I'm not going to ask about the stupidity of his choice but I have to wait until August 29th to receive the card and what makes matters worse is that it's coming from California. NOT a good place for it to be coming from with everything happening as it has been. <SIGH> I DO NOT RECOMMEND using UPS for ANYTHING. Use USPS or Fed Ex instead. I HIGHLY recommend Fed Ex because if they tell you it will be there at a specific date, IT WILL BE THERE.

What makes the joke even a bigger laugh for UPS is that when I track the package it tells me "oops" it missed the truck. Uh, okay. That makes no sense whatsoever. ROFL.

Something is coming so be patient.

I've been "under the weather" with this heat and the air conditioner is doing a great job but I'm so sluggish with the humidity. I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from with this. The heat makes me sleep along with my medical issues so when I have a few minutes of time to work on VPX I do my best.
SIX.png

Well I currently have FIVE + tables in the works. A couple of them are VERY BASIC but two of them are quite UNIQUE. One has been asked to be worked on years ago and someone was kind enough to send me a FULL BLOWN play field image.

For now I'll say it's a GENCO machine. I know it's not much to go on but it has been a NIGHTMARE to even start this table. This one will take a good amount of time for sure.

I have one tabletop mini machine in the works by Bally. Just started this one and it's coming along nicely!

I have one full sized machine in the works by Stoner. This one is near finished.

I have one full sized machine in the works by Ad-Lee and it's a one ball payout. This one is near finished.

I forgot the other one's name. Eventually it will come to mind.

To be honest, I have MANY MORE than FIVE + tables on my hard disk and being worked on. It's just finding the time to get them done! I have tables being worked on that VERY FEW folks have ever seen and I would LOVE to get these all done.

I'm being swamped with kind individuals willing to send me some rare photographs of their machines. I never expected so many play field images to work with so these will keep me busy.

So many kind folks have left me feedback at "the site that shall not be named" and quite a few here.

So as a thank you to those who have left some kind of feedback, these tables are for you, NOT THE PUBLIC. <------------------------------------------

For those that have taken the TIME to just even give a thumbs up, I want to thank you personally and here is the way to do it...

The folks that have been kind enough to leave TWO OR MORE feedback postings HERE are the following:

Warbler33, Wylte, poulpe, Isaac Sauvage, etikett, Ian (WVP), Marcio Clauss, Cliffy, inframun2, JonPurpleHaze, fourbanks, MajorFrenchy, mauroanderson60, xenonph and retroseriestv50.

You folks will have full access to these tables once they are released. I haven't decided exactly HOW I'm going to do this but rest assured you'll be the first to get full access. Your kindness and just taking the time to leave a simple little feedback HAS BEEN NOTICED AND APPRECIATED.

EVERYONE at "the site that shall not be named" will have FULL ACCESS to any and ALL of the new tables coming.

As for those that don't take a few seconds out of their time to download, play then leave a simple little feedback don't worry. After a good year or so the files will be uploaded here for you.

As I've said in the past, some perks are coming for those that are kind enough to take a bit of time to let the authors know how they like their work and it's time to stand up to that promise. I PERSONALLY KNOW other authors that have been doing this for awhile. Now it's my turn.

Once I get my new machine up and running I'll be able to really crank these guys out. Remember, I'm currently working with a dreadful dual core system with a basic 1GB graphic card right now. That's going to change.

Patience. They ARE coming and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you to those who have taken a seat on this bus for the long ride that this has been. You will be rewarded greatly.

d-

This is a FUN one. Almost done.

Attachments

• Blackstone VPX Screenie.jpg
    Blackstone VPX Screenie.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 8
Thanks to the help of someone else who owns this machine, I was able to recreate the "ball catchers" at the red flaps. They are now added. A few more tweaks and to get those holes to open and close and this one is done. WHEW! I may have to play with the out hole at the bottom as well. Has a few issues with the ball getting stuck unfortunately.

EVERYTHING WORKS pretty much close to perfect. This one has been a challenge, but the next table I'm working on has been a HORROR.

This is looking really good. Plays really interesting too!

Attachments

• Blackstone SCREENIE 2.jpg
    Blackstone SCREENIE 2.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 5
LAST update. HOPE to have this one finished by Labor day or the day after. ALL HOLES now open and close. Free play hole works perfectly. THIRD and LAST screenshot. A few more "tweaks" and this one will be up.

Attachments

• Blackstone SCREENIE 3.jpg
    Blackstone SCREENIE 3.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 3
RELEASE DATE: 09-04-23. FOR EVERYONE.

Attachments

• Blackstone VPX Screenie.jpg
    Blackstone VPX Screenie.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 9
Well for those on the upcoming list of folks who have left feedback, the next table is near complete. A TON of tweaking yet has to be done and the play field holes have to be integrated to work right. That's about it. If I could find some decent "how to play cards" for this next release I would plop those into the mix as well. Forgot I also have to tweak the lighting as well.

Anyway I am completely addicted to this table.

Oh what the hell....here is the most current screenshot. Enjoy.

PS: EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE WORKS FLAWLESS. I'm VERY serious. It all works. Even with my LIMITED abilities with VP this one is beyond fun.

PPS: So for those on the upcoming list, this one is for YOU. I think everyone is going to get a kick out of this one since this table is completely unpredictable and I LOVE tables like this. I am truly addicted to Spitfire.

UPDATE 2. <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PPPS: REAL SOUNDS from the ACTUAL GAME are now being implemented into the table.

PPPPS: Holes are done. Actual metal images of EACH HOLE have been implemented (including the play field shadows within each hole).

Attachments

• Spitfire SCREENIE.jpg
    Spitfire SCREENIE.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well for those on the upcoming list of folks who have left feedback, the next table is near complete. A TON of tweaking yet has to be done and the play field holes have to be integrated to work right. That's about it. If I could find some decent "how to play cards" for this next release I would plop those into the mix as well. Forgot I also have to tweak the lighting as well.

Anyway I am completely addicted to this table.

Oh what the hell....here is the most current screenshot. Enjoy.

PS: EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE WORKS FLAWLESS. I'm VERY serious. It all works. Even with my LIMITED abilities with VP this one is beyond fun.

PPS: So for those on the upcoming list, this one is for YOU. I think everyone is going to get a kick out of this one since this table is completely unpredictable and I LOVE tables like this. I am truly addicted to Spitfire.
This looks great, beautiful texture mapping!!

I would be proud to test this new masterpiece in my cab :-)

What a screenshot! Ball under the wire, over the shadow. NEVER expected a snapshot program to grab that image! Soon folks. VERY soon.

Attachments

• Spitfire SCREENIE 2.jpg
    Spitfire SCREENIE 2.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 12
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back