My favorite flippered table

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
As some of you may know, I love Williams' 1953 Struggle Buggies, by Duglis over any other recreation. In fact I play it every single day without fail. I find it a tough challenge, and I like that it tracks completed laps as well as high scores. I think it holds up very well for a 50 year old pin. If you like tough, innovative tables, why not give this one a try?

John

and my favorite is...

John,

Without a doubt my favorite pin is the first add-a-ball game that I ever played - Gottlieb's "Flipper" from 1960.

Bendigo

I understand

I think early experiences odf any sort make lasting impression. Struggle Buggies wad the 2nd table I played, when it was placed next to a Hay Burners, which a rarely played after that.

John

Is there a link you could provide so I don't have to scour the nt for a picture or a download of Struggle Bunnies? That would be nice :)

thanks.

And FYI, although in the margin it says that html is on, it doesn't seem to work as I posted this message with a font directive and it showed the tag instead of actually rendering it.

¿que pasa?

Sure thing

http://irpinball.ztnet.com/ In the IRP Team Tables section. I'll be interested in hearing your opinion of this wonderful, IMNSHO, table. And it's about time you got around to posting, my dear lady.

John

My favorite has always been Mibs (1969 Gottlieb) and I did used to play this quite a bit as a teen. Mibs had rolling balls in the backglass and there were several ways to attain replays. It was recreated for VP back in the early days (of VP)..

I agree with Flipper and Struggle Buggies but am quite fond with Nags.

Welcome Pincode I have not run into this problem before, Make sure that you have html enabled in your profile and the box underneath your post entitled " Disable HTML in this post" is unchecked. :!:

Edit! Let me know what tags you are using! I may need to enable them...

Well I tried Williams' 1953 Struggle Buggies by Duglis, yes it is fun and almost a crossover, you got 2 flippers and the need to bump it as often as you flip, good stuff. I wished I had a chance to play some of these older games for real, I always was a physical player and have been told by more then one arcade owner to take it easy on the machine. ;)

Now my firsts, can't remember which it was either Buccaneer (Gottlieb), which I played to death or Cleopatra, both hooked me.

Now for my favourites, cannot pick one, my favourite EM Golden Arrow, fun game, may have been one of the last EM's ever. After this is my era SS, so I cannot pick a single SS machine, there are dozens that were equally brilliant and as for DMD, well it's the same boat.

Ah hell...my favourite is yet to be created.

HTML and such

Hailsa John and Merry Meet!

HTML is enabled in my profile an the checkbox in the reply window is NOT checked.

The tag I used was:
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Bookman Old style" size=3>The Font tag so I could use a different font.</font>

If it is as before you should see the tag displayed now.

SteveOz You may not believe this but although I am under 50 I was weaned on a Baffle Ball and that got me hooked. No need to mention I was 4 at the time and the game belonged to my grandmother, a swinging Gatsby girl in the twenties. I inherited some of her mile-long pearl necklaces :D

Pincode

Re: HTML and such

Pincode said:
SteveOz You may not believe this but although I am under 50 I was weaned on a Baffle Ball and that got me hooked. No need to mention I was 4 at the time and the game belonged to my grandmother, a swinging Gatsby girl in the twenties. I inherited some of her mile-long pearl necklaces :D

Pincode

Oh really, yes I believe you and if you started at 4, then I bet you got a pretty good right hook too an all, pity you never got the Baffle Ball, though them pearls bring all sorts of images....

here are some http://www.mutoworld.com/home.htm

I love 70's Gottliebs but Scapino's 70's Bally's are my favourite VP tables, I really like Supersonic and another favourite is Genie by Stien, it is a well done table and from my era. I also like Bendigo's tables being mostly Gottlieb and well made. I have collected approx 200 tables but have about 15 - 20 that I have as favourites...

Scapino's..
Supersonic
Strikes & Spares
Evil Kineval
Close Encounters
Countdown
Swinger

Others...
Playboy
Kiss
Superspin
Genie
Joker Poker

My tables...
Aquarius
Jungle Princess
Roller Coaster
Mustang
Quick Draw
Ten Up

I enjoy flipperless tables for their nostalgia and often start one up to show a visitor, I also love the sounds from the 70's machines and just love to hear them start up on my PC...

Cheers: Brettski...

Very nice listing Brettski,

I prefrer the 70's and like your Aquarius a lot, I also used to play that one in an arcade and you did a fine job.

Thanks John,
I almost forgot Black Knight

It is an awsome recreation and plays very well on my games machine which is an AMD 500 with 256 Ram and 13 GB Hard Disk, the rest is bits and pieces, I am using two sound cards, one for the joystick port and the other for the sound, you see I shorted the joystick port on one card but the other has bad sound quality so I have both, as for Video I am using a basic 16 MB PCI and it is fine for all these games. I recently loaded Duke Nukem Atomic to the games machine and it works great, nothing like a bit of sensless voilence with lots of exploding monsters now and then!! :)

I will have my new game cabinet built in a couple of weeks and I will post a pic once done!!

Once again, great forum! :)

The 1st Pinball table (we always referred to them as pinball machines) I got hooked on was Tropic-Isle (Gottlieb 1962) It was VP'd by Jay Phillips and he did a nice job. It was a nickel for 5 balls and all of the other tables around town were 10 cents. My favorite decades of tables would be the 70's, then the 60's, followed by the 80's. After that I lost interest in the fast, expensive, full of toy games of the 90's.

Hey Jon, My Ultimate Spidey table is the layout and script from Mibs (I just changed the graphics). I think I'll add animated bumpers to it in the near future. I enjoyed playing Mibs so much, that was the first table I chose to play around with and learn the editor. I have a version with my wedding pics on it and it plays my wifes favorite song (ain't that sweet)

Jon, try out my Spidey table (or check out the screenshot in my signature) and tell me what you think, it was my 1st release.

Hey Bob, I love your graphics, the colours are fantastic and really stand out, Great job in Spidey!

I also refered to Pinballs as Pinball Machines and where we would play them was called the Pinball Parlour! :)

I also remember the Space Invader INVASION big time, it was about then I moved on from playing pinball machines untill I found VP, never got interested in Video Games and as said above the new glitzy machines with all the toys and rediculous scores just did not do it for me. :)

Keep those Marvel themes coming Bob!!! ;)

Originally posted by bob:

Hey Jon, My Ultimate Spidey table is the layout and script from Mibs (I just changed the graphics). I think I'll add animated bumpers to it in the near future. I enjoyed playing Mibs so much, that was the first table I chose to play around with and learn the editor. I have a version with my wedding pics on it and it plays my wifes favorite song (ain't that sweet)

Jon, try out my Spidey table (or check out the screenshot in my signature) and tell me what you think, it was my 1st release.

I just played Ultimate Spidey and it's a very neat table, I never made the connection to Mibs before. :wink: I really like the marbles, but would prefer that they rolled into the backglass. Thank's for letting me know, you did a fine job and the graphics are ultimate!

That was a sweet idea about making a table for your wife, I probably just got -1000 points for not doing the same... :lol:

Thanks Brettski and Jon, you guys are just too nice to me \:D/ I feel kinda Dudelike right now :B-fly:

Very difficult to name 1 only...but...

My shots are called to one table at last: Eight Ball Deluxe, and i presume is a "nice shot". But, of course, i need to mention other wonderful machines that are (not in any special order): Golden Arrow, Supersonic, Totem and Torch.

I never have the feelings for a williams table, dunno why.

Roberto

Hmmmm.....

My favorite flippered table is.......NONE

Haven't played one yet that grabs my attention as of yet. I will admit there are EXCELLENT ones out there but none of them grab me and want to make me play as of yet. Nothing against any authors out there. I'm just a flipperless fool ;)

Will

I think you are not refering to the REAL ones, cause i'm refering to that the real machines.

Roberto

Okay Luxor, I got it now

Luxor said:
I think you are not refering to the REAL ones, cause i'm refering to that the real machines.

Roberto

Luxor,

Then let me restate myself - there are only a handful of flippered machines (real ones) I have ever enjoyed. One is Agents 777 by Gameplan, Silverball Mania, Xenon and Mini Cycle. That's it so far. The ones past 1988 just bore me to death. Too much stuff on them and not enough to keep my occupied.

At least I got to restate myself. My oops - I apologize about that Luxor and thanks for letting me know.

Will

Yes, the nineties for me are not the best, but i play those cause that are on locations. Silverball Mania is really good :D

Memories....

Luxor said:
Yes, the nineties for me are not the best, but i play those cause that are on locations. Silverball Mania is really good :D

Memories come back to me about SilverBall Mania over and over again. My father was the manager of a bowling center in Colorado in Denver. He had a small game room with four pinballs; two were Xenon and Silverball. A barwoman "Ginny" who was about 65 at the time used to play games with me - give me quarters all the time. I was I think 8 or 9 years old at the time. I remember Xenon like yesterday - "ooooooahhhhhh" was that sound as the ball rolled through the transparent tube. WOW- memories keep coming back.....

Will

Others I do remember: Haunted House, Gorgar, Medusa, Superman, Space Invaders. I also fell in love with two particular video games; Tutankhamen and Space Oddyssey.

Yeah, memories

I was a Big Brother for about 20 years, and both billiards and pinball were our favorite outtings. I don't so much remember any particular pins, but more the fun my various Little Brothers had. That'a why Big Brother's and Big Sister's is still going strong 100 years after Irv Westheimer founded it in 1903 in Cincinnati, Ohio. While hanging out and enjoying an afternoon, you somehow had a positive influence of a youngster without a male role model.

And pinball was the perfect activity to bond a freindship. What wonderful memories, I agree.

John

please if you look playfield ' Tropic Isle ' on the net send me the site please , this game is my first réal game in 1963 .
Thank you, i'm french old of 76 years .

please if you look playfield ' Tropic Isle ' on the net send me the site please , this game is my first réal game in 1963 .
Thank you, i'm french old of 76 years .
We do have a Tropic Isle VP9 table here...
As well as Backglass pic by Ike..
And for more pics check IPDB here..

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    leestecher has left the room.
    swaggedgamer777 has left the room.
    Arnold101 has left the room.
    MoFloh has left the room.
    Jthemad has left the room.
    Fredrick has left the room.
    lilalien has left the room.
    Clu1968 has left the room.
    manalpa has left the room.
    katywings has left the room.
    Jonte67swe has left the room.
    ernaoqds has left the room.
    HotPinkCenter has left the room.
    remoberserkerxxx has left the room.
    holymoses has left the room.
    Carla has left the room.
    Zoran_ST has left the room.
    evandrogleide has joined the room.
    evandrogleide has left the room.
    Utnapistim has left the room.
    matteo_grop has left the room.
    PrettyGood has left the room.
    Stoobie has left the room.
    at200x has left the room.
    Saveoldstuff has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Saveoldstuff has left the room.
      Back