FizX NEW! FizX physics system reveal! Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
NEW! FizX physics system reveal! (formerly known as DFv2/DPv1)

Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

What everyone thought was impossible has happened! Future Pinball is no longer bound to it's 17 year old physics! JLou and AnonTet (with contributions from ravarcade and Gimli) have used the power of ravarcade's amazing BAM to adapt nFozzy physics techniques (used in VPX) to work in Future Pinball!

What does this mean?

- a complete physics change for the entire table
- new updated dynamic physics adjusted in realtime during gameplay
- no more FP flippers (FP flippers are GONE!)
- no more wide flipper shots
- fully accurate and realistic flippers (adjustable)
- dynamic flipper coils and eos switch (no more on/off flippers)
- micro flips, tap passes, drop catches, post passes, and other flipper tricks
- live catch difficulty is adjustable
- slingshots are no longer super sensitive (adjustable)
- slingshots use new techniques for more realistic operation
- ball has a real weight to it (no more balloon ball)
- rubbers are all replaced, fully dynamic and adjustable
- rubbers no longer send the ball flying everywhere
- drop targets now have dynamic / scatter physics
- bumpers use better models and act more realistically
- optional higher polygon ball (8000+) for more accurate physics
- optional higher fps settings for more accurate physics
- more realistic physics and proper control overall

It simply means that now tables can be updated to play with more realistic physics overall in ways we never thought possible on FP. You can accurately make your shots and aim more like you would on a real table.

An example of the "main" settings you can adjust for each table (this is not the main FizX code)

1660060349612.png

Does this mean FP can play as good as VPX nFozzy?

I wouldn't go that far (VPX guys know their physics really well).... but this is a MASSIVE improvement to FP overall, and I think "everyone" will be very surprised with the result compared to what they have come to expect with FP physics. It can only get better from here.

For many who have only ever played FP (and not played many real pins or VPX).... it may take some adjustment at first to get used to FizX, as the flippers and physics are very different (more realistic) than what you are used to on FP.

I'm VERY happy to be able to add this new physics system to my own releases. I've already seen a huge difference, and their gameplay is much better as a result.

Thanks to the following for making FizX possible:

- JLou and AnonTet for working hard on this for the last year. Your perseverance has paid off!
- ravarcade for making this possible with his amazing BAM and his support
- Gimli (the unsung FP hero) for his physics contributions and DF1 examples over the years

Note: This post is NOT the FizX information and resources center, nor is it a topic to tell you how to add FizX to a FP table.

This was more of a "reveal" to let everyone know about the name change and what FizX is all about. I will link to the official FizX resources and topics as they appear.

FizX video reveal!

Last edited:
Will there be a preffix (or tag for filters) to identify the new feature (fizx)?

Will there be a preffix (or tag for filters) to identify the new feature (fizx)?

For my own releases, I'll include FizX in the title... just like I do with PinEvent V2.

So far, loving the new system...

Maybe a tag would be useful...

WoW WoW what a great and awesome gameplay inprovement
a played Cosmic Princess feels more realistic

Love the way you presented this in the video!!
I actually got chills like I had just seen a new Star Wars movie trailer!!
The plot build up, along with the selection of music is perfect!!
Thanks to all who have contributed to these new FizX settings!!

Makes me wonder who that evil VPX person was who told you "Get out of here!!".
I have 2 names in mind, and their names rhyme with schmauntfreaks, and schmalamus. lol
Imagine how the VP8 and VP9 table authors feel when the same is said about their work, compared to VPX, they say it is garbage.
People should at least show a little more respect for all the work previous authors have done on these older version tables, on which most of the VPX tables are based off of!!

Thanks again everyone!!
Carry on. :salut:

I have 2 names in mind, and their names rhyme with schmauntfreaks, and schmalamus. lol
Imagine how the VP8 and VP9 table authors feel when the same is said about their work, compared to VPX, they say it is garbage.
People should at least show a little more respect for all the work previous authors have done on these older version tables, on which most of the VPX tables are based off of!!

Thanks again everyone!!
Carry on

Yes he is very talented. They are both my friends, which is why I mentioned them both.
He sent me his special edition of Panthera that I used for that Tron Classic table mod.

If FizX could resolve problem with target (fix or drop), it would be perfect.
Now, you have just have to touch target in order to have a _Hit event, but, in the real life, you have to have a certain speed in order to have this _Hit event.

Now, you have just have to touch target in order to have a _Hit event, but, in the real life, you have to have a certain speed in order to have this _Hit event.
This can be easily to do... Just add a speed condition in your Target/DropTarget Sub

We add new invisible walls (with specific names for FizX) to block drop targets so only the new wall will get hit (and allow for control based on that). This allows the FizX drop target scatter and bounce functions to work. I'm sure you can easily add in code to make the target / new wall not "hit" unless the ball is moving at xxx speed.

FizX does this for the slings (you must be at xxx speed for the sling to trigger). This is also adjustable with the sling sensitivity threshold.

Last edited:
The speed is not the only condition, only counts the speed according to the angle of the target...

Looking forward when info is available about how to update my FP tables. I only play @2-5 of the numerous one I have due to the phsyics issues.

The speed is not the only condition, only counts the speed according to the angle of the target...
to be perfect yes... but for this you need to know the relative Vspeed or HSpeed from ball to DT... like we can do for flipper..
So easy to do.. Just make a new model wall which will be invisible, but made a shape Collision like flipper, with 2 radius, and save it as flipper object.. Then you will have same function as Flipper like the VSpeed or HSpeed. Place it behind your target, and make a condition like this for ex: If ball.vspeed > 300 then TargetDropable = 1
And then on your Drop target sub use it like:
If TragetDropable = 1 then blablabla

By this way, only the speed on Y axis from "target" will be taking account 😉.. And voilà !!

I forgot to mention you can make the model uncollidable but still use his function

Last edited:
@xenonph There wasn't a particular person, lol (and yes I know who you mean, haha). It was more the attitude from some VP guys back then (because I was a new guy) who thought they knew everything about FP (they didn't) and about BAM... when in reality... very few had a clue what BAM was capable of. "Bam just does that head tracking thing".... is not far from what I kept hearing, among other things. :)

Honestly looking forward to trying FP with these enhancements! I might even try my hand at adding them to something - if I can actually finish one of my VPX projects :mrhappy:

Honestly looking forward to trying FP with these enhancements! I might even try my hand at adding them to something - if I can actually finish one of my VPX projects :mrhappy:
Did my first table from scratch and it took me while... after it was finished it took a few months more as it became a testing ground for FizX but more than that, JLou added nice lights inserts as well and did models for stuff (due to FizX) so it became so much more.

I'm encouraging you to finish it it because either way, you'll be proud you did it and had a lot of fun along the way. Keep up with that table and let me know if you need testing :)

Did my first table from scratch and it took me while... after it was finished it took a few months more as it became a testing ground for FizX but more than that, JLou added nice lights inserts as well and did models for stuff (due to FizX) so it became so much more.

I'm encouraging you to finish it it because either way, you'll be proud you did it and had a lot of fun along the way. Keep up with that table and let me know if you need testing :)
Thanks for the offer! I have actually released a couple of mods over on VPU, as well as The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard with VPW. The reason I don't finish my projects (other than time) is just that I bounce around from thing to thing. So my name is on a lot of releases for helping with little fixes :D
Bouncing around even now - I'm installing FP to try it out, pushing everything else back another day :bonk:

par simple curiosité j'ai réinstallé FP pour voir cette physique qui déchire tout....annonce tonitruante :laugh13:
le comportement général pour une table vieille école EM ou bien SS 80's est correct mais pas du tout révolutionnaire , c'est vraiment se donner beaucoup de mal pour un faible résultat.
J'attends le comportement pour les tables modernes ==> franchissements de rampes et multi-ball...
de toute façon on ne fait pas du neuf avec du vieux. le temps consacré a bidouiller un hack (8 ans) aurait été plus utile pour un nouveau départ (Reverse engineering) , à partir d'une page blanche. d'autant que Rav en avait les capacités , quel gâchis.
surtout que Black a mis 3 ans pour ce magnifique éditeur.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back