FizX NEW! FizX physics system reveal! Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

interesting, I will try to look at it when I will get some free time

interesting, I will try to look at it when I will get some free time

It takes some getting used to for sure... especially for those of us who mostly played FP. :)

There's lot of options to play with, that can really change how it plays... and can be more tailored to each person's play style.

The "proper" flipper accuracy (when compared to a typical real pin) and sling / ball behavior alone is worth it.

I have added "FizX" Prefix to Future Pinball Forum and Future Pinball Resources sections.
I also added the Prefixes to the 3 tables that have Fizx added to them, that were uploaded here recently.
Thanks again TerryRed and Jlou and Anontet, and anyone else who had an unseen helping hand, for this great work!!
Carry on.

I think that "Jupiter Ascending Final" might be considered to have FizX. ...But then I seem to remember @AnonTet saying that it is DF2 so I am not really sure it qualifies as FizX although it has some of the same coding.

Maybe after Jlou gets back.
Jlou says he will update whe he gets back from a break. This was posted July 26th

DFv2 is quite easy to implement.
FizX on the other hand is DFv2 plus bumpers, slingshots, rubbers (usually many but easy) and targets which might take a little more time to implement because of the coding involved and how it is done in original table.

FizX Tweaker Tool Demo

Gimli came up with the idea for a tool to let you adjust FizX settings in real-time while playing a table! It had a few evolutions between his initial implementation, and then new ideas from AnonTet, and then I added my own ideas. Well, it's finally added to the Star Wars DSA GE FizX update, and I also added my FizX Profiles and now a Profile changer.

- no need to change table script settings... load table... test... then exit table and repeat process with each settings change
- now you can change all the main FizX settings in real-time as you play the table (for testing)
- option to save all FizX settings to fpRAM for reference or later usage
- option to apply all fpRAM values to FizX settings
- option to reset all values to Startup (script) settings
- FizX Profile changer lets you swap a complete set of FizX settings instantly during gameplay

This makes tweaking and tuning physics settings for a table MUCH quicker and easier... for table authors / modders and for players who want their own physics settings.

You can't copy settings from the Tool to the clipboard or table script directly. You still need to remember / write down / paste into notepad your new settings so you'll be able to apply them to the table script when you are happy with them.

Note: this is how I am using this on my own releases. Others may not use it at all, or may have different options, or it may work differently than how I prefer to use it.

A long video demo of FizX and the Tweaker Tool and Star Wars DSA GE can be seen here. I have added chapters so you can go directly to the topics of interest.

Last edited:
I have yet to see it but i bet it is a great source of reference.
PS: did you leave fps = 596? :D :D :D (just teasing you but if you did... i'm still laughing :D :D :D )

I have yet to see it but i bet it is a great source of reference.
PS: did you leave fps = 596? :D :D :D (just teasing you but if you did... i'm still laughing :D :D :D )

I was good this time... but I did go back and check first before uploading the video :)

It is interesting how you use the KineticFriction. I have always adjusted the flipper start angle. You do frequently end up with the left and right main flippers angles being a little different. In my opinion, the difference is not noticeable unless you carry it too far. It might help upper flippers when the target is higher than the flipper which would normally require a larger swing angle than the mains.

I only adjust Kinetic Friction if needed, such as with Sonic's upper flippers, and in this case Star Wars for the lower targets / kicker. I did try to lower the flippers start angle more, but didnt like how it looked and also the extra gap they made, etc. I just found it easier to adjust Kinetic friction as an option.

I only adjust Kinetic Friction if needed, such as with Sonic's upper flippers, and in this case Star Wars for the lower targets / kicker. I did try to lower the flippers start angle more, but didnt like how it looked and also the extra gap they made, etc. I just found it easier to adjust Kinetic friction as an option.

I have noticed that the hi poly ball is a little heavier than the FP standard ball so it might affect physics. I don't plan on having it optional on Avatar.

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

(PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.1 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

=====================

FizX Profiles and settings

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script by changing the FizX Profiles. The Profile settings options are as follows
  • stronger flippers
  • narrow flippers
You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

Read the Install Instructions for more information.

=====================

Time Attack crash fix!

I found a workaround for the random crash that could occur when you fail Time Attack. Now, when you fail Time Attack you won't see the Death Star blow up the planet. It will just act like you Tilted (which is instant game over in Time Attack), and then goto Attract mode... avoiding any crashes.

Death Star Assault mode is still the same.

=====================

Changelog (v1.1)

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added new Yoda animations (thanks Gimli)
- added optional Time Attack Quick Ending to avoid random crash bug when Death Star blows up planet
- fixed Backglass Art options not changing on startup
- fixed chrome ball being partially visible when BB-8 ball is being used
- various table fixes

=====================

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

=====================

I really hope you guys enjoy this major change with FP tables and how much better they can play now. I invite everyone who has never played FP before to give this a try. Many have installed (or re-installed) FP just to try this, and they have been amazed at the difference. I think you will be too!

screenshot.jpg

Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX)

1.4 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script by changing the FizX Profiles. The Profile settings options are as follows
  • stronger flippers
You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

Changelog (v1.4)

- added new ball save (20 secs on new ball launch)
- some other small fixes
- added Second Stage Flippers option for cabinet players who have that setup

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

You can get the 1.4 update of Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) here:

1661673338727.png

Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.3 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

The fourth PinEvent V2 table to use the new FizX physics system for FP is here! The days of FP's old physics are gone!

=====================

stronger flippers

=====================

Changelog (v1.3)

- some other small fixes
- added Second Stage Flippers option for cabinet players who have that setup

=====================

=====================

You can get the 1.3 update of Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) here:

1661806760906.png

PinEvent V2 tables - new table updates (Future Pinball)

All PinEvent V2 tables have now been updated with the latest FizX updates and some hotfixes. These are the last updates I will be doing for a long time, as now I will be focused on working on Silent Hill.... and recovering from heart surgery.

These are the newest updates for all PinEvent V2 tables:

Blue Vs Pink - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent V2, FizX)
F-14 Tomcat - AfterBurner (1.5 - PinEvent V2, FizX)
Halloween - Big Bloody Mike (1.6 - PinEvent V2, FizX)
Jaws - Bigger Boat Edition (1.3 - PinEvent V2, FizX)
Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition (1.7 - PinEvent V2, FizX)
Retroflair - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent, FizX)
Sonic Pinball Mania (1.6 - PinEvent V2, FizX)
Star Wars DSA - Galactic Edition (1.3 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

- updated FizX physics code to change how ball ID's are handled to prevent conflicts
- updated FizX physics code for more efficient Rubber bounce handling
- updated Ball Rolling Sound code to change how ball ID's are tracked to prevent conflicts
- removed old PUPRollingUpdateTimer commands that are no longer used (would give an error if PinEvent Settings were forced to be disabled)
- other various fixes

Important! Please Read!

- ALL these new updates REQUIRE the latest BAM 1.5-357 or higher!
- patch both FP and BAM for 4 GB access after updating BAM, to be sure they are both patched
- FizX v2.0 no longer uses the older 8K Physics Ball! Do not use it anymore!
- install the 1K Physics Ball model now! (as default.zip in BAM folder, NOT the balls folder!)
- if using PUP features, you MUST install the "newest" PuP-Pack included with the table zip, or PUP features won't work!

If you installed Baller Installer and UPDATED it to the new Jan 2023 update, then you "should" be fully updated and ready for these new table updates!

Follow the Install Instructions (and its FAQ) included with the table if you are not sure you are updated correctly... have FP settings setup correctly (important)... or if having any problems.

New table updates are available when approved by site admins:

81xGCFa.jpg

9TlwekW.jpg

ZKwvTC8.jpg

yi5SLXI.jpg

JvYkQ98.jpg

VtpghVR.jpg

EXYU4CU.jpg

d37slbJ.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back