New VisualInstallPack

Phoenixx

Starfleet Member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Made an update to include the currently latest VP, (8.1), and the latest VPM, (1.56).

Version numbering now reflects the version numbers of the included VP and VPM versions. Thought that might be more informative than my own numbering system.

Also put VPLauncher back in the pack, (v3.0), plus the samples for older STERN machines.

Rest (except HelpDocuments and EULAs) is unchanged.

If theres anything important that should be added due to new developments that i know nothing about, please let me know. I have no idea what went on during the last 3/4 Year,...

A Banner/Logo for the frontpage for a Direct-Link to the VIP can be found >HERE<. Please use the one that says 'frontpagelogo.gif' to have it matching with the one used in the VIP. Alternatively theres also an animated one (text only) named 'logo_new.jpg'. (It says .jpg but it really is a .gif.) Take this one in case you prefer something 'alive' over a static image,...

VIP downloadable from my signature.

Regards,
Phoenixx

Thanks for adding it. Now the animated banner that i made is finally put to good use too. :-))

BTW, seeing how you keep improving this site its a real shame that people are still rather at VPF. In my opinion PN is to VPF what XP is to Windows95; a much better version with a lot more features and functions. Wonder why nobody seems to recognize that.

I really admire the patience and endurance with which you keep shaping up this place although it often seems like a graveyard,...

Last edited:
Yeah, i really like the new VIP banner and just changed the link to the exe file, this is a very nice tool to increase the amount of folks that can enjoy Pinball on their PC.

:special:

I have updated the VIP to VPM 1.57 and the latest VBScripts, John, so you might want to update the link on the frontpage.

As always you can get the file from my signature in case you want to upload it to your own site.

Cheers,...:pint:

Thanks for the update, the new version has been added to IRP and Pinball Nirvana!

:bottleshrink:

Hi,

I'm new here, but after months of trying to figure out how to get the pinmame stuff working on my computer, that Visual Install pack (that I round from a post on RGP) was exactly what I needed worked like a charm...FINALLY got me up and running! Eternal thanks to you!

Jeff

Thank you for your comment!

I wish more people would take the minute and give some feedback like you.

I had no idea the people at RGP even know about the VIP.

Anyway, im glad i could help. Youre welcome.

Cheers,
Phoenixx

Pheonixx,

I DIDN'T know about it and had been frustrated for a while and couldn't figure out how to get everything working TOGETHER. Somebody posted a link to the VIP on RGP in response to someone else needing help with pinmame, so glad I found it as well there...I actually HAD the programs, tables, and ROMS I needed but couldn't figure out how to configure things on my computer to get it to all work together. That VIP was a Godsend, got it set up very easily, then I just had to use my head a little bit an keep re-reading the instruction as to WHERE to put the tables and ROMS (maybe add a quick instruction to go into your "explore" window on your computer, then to program files/ pinball, then dump into either "tables" or "ROMS" folder would make things easier for others)...but finally got that figured out. I'm a bit computer illiterate and not that much experience with setting up things like this and MAME (that's the NEXT thing I have to figure out, same story, have everything I need just have to figure out how/ where to install it...Do you happen to know if there's a quick MAME setup like your VIP installer?). I may be able to figure out it now if it's similar to the pinmame stuff, have to play with it.

Regarding

ANYWAY, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! It's a GREAT program and will highly recommend it to any and all! GREAT JOB!!!

Jeff

Thanks Phoenixx,
I too am a newcomer to this and your installer helped out very much. I have already hooked up 4 or 5 of my friends that also enjoyed pinball back in its heyday with your installer. Now I'm going crazy grabbing every table I can find!

Cheers :cheers:

Youre welcome.

To update VPinMAME to the currently latest version simply drop a copy of 'vpinmame.dll' into your 'Pinball' folder. This .dll is contained in the ZIP file that can be downloaded from the VPM homepage, just extract it from there. To run the setup again is not necessary. In case you want to keep the older VPM version for archiving purposes, make sure to rename the existing .dll to something else before you put the new one in. ('vpinmame_versionnumber.dll' is always a good idea.)

There is a newer version of VPinball too, (9.something) but its still unstable and can even mess up your setup. Use it only to experiment and make backups of everything important first.

Regards, and hope youll be having fun,
Phoenixx

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back