New ways to use Ramps, Flippers,Lights,etc

Rick2007

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I have recently taken a MUCH closer look at some of the best VP Tables
with an eye on how tables are created using very clever use of
ramps and flippers and Lights.

I found ramps that are only eye candy, and flippers used as gates. Also lights that flash,, I think by using drop targets ,,, and bumpers that animate and work well. Also multiple layers of walls and Graphics.

This has inspired me to learn more and more about VP coding.

Is there a tutorial on animated bumpers?,,,, and other clever uses,,,
like those used in Bobs newest Spiderman 2008. They really look good.

(BOB,,,,,,I have started to really look closely at your Spiderman Table
and I have to say that there is way more going on with your table
than I can wrap my mind around. All of the coding/animation is very
first class. There are so many subtle things going on. Great Job with that Table!!!!!

OK All of You better programmers,,,,,,, What are your tricks???

Change a flipper into a gate?
Change a ramp into a rubber (dead slingshot)?
Flashing light effects?

Simply stated,,, Are there any tricks that you expert programmers would like to reveal,,, Or must I find them by reading Table script
from my favorite VP Tables ????

Rick :help:

Most things you just have to figure out by tearing other tables apart, but here is an animated pop bumper demo I made once. I intentionally try to to keep it simple, so I know what's happening, but the more stuff that's happening, the more complicated it looks, but it should still be decipherable by someone who only knows If/Then statements. For nonROM table makers, it's pretty hard to learn from the VPM tables as they use the the ROM and vbs files.

If you see any first class coding in any my tables, it was already there when I started working on the table.

Attachments

• BumperAnimationDemo.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 227
Most things you just have to figure out by tearing other tables apart, but here is an animated pop bumper demo I made once. I intentionally try to to keep it simple.
If you see any first class coding in any my tables, it was already there when I started working on the table.

Thanks for the info Bob. I have started to look more closely at some of
my favorite tables. Tearing apart other tables is a very cool learning
experience.

You are too humble regarding your coding expertise!
You are one of the best,,,,,, and have code tricks in your tables that almost no other author is even aware of! !!!!! :cheers:

PS. I figured out how to animate a target,,,, and use a flipper to be an open or closed gate,., And,,,,also have a wall pop up to flash a color when hit,,, (Mimic a Light)..
I am moving on to understanding how those cool bumpers
in Bobs newest Spiderman Table work.
This might take me a while ,,,but eventually I Will figure it out.:joy:

M4paws
Also thanks for the reel guide. I have been thinking about learning more about reels for a long time.
This is another project that I Will tackle head on.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back