NHL TableHockey

freebird1963

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jungle Queen
Anyone have this table ? Seem to be missing couple files awayteam.fpl and hometeam.fpl
and if got instructions on it I'd take them too. I think I got it down but w/o those files its not pretty and doesn't run.
Thanks.

@freebird1963
The download should have contained a rar file named Teams.rar
Inside that you will find many FP Library files, including the 2 you mentioned.
Here is file as it was on PinSimDB site...

Here is the info that was on download page.

by cujopb
at 2010-11-21
Type Original

Description

Good old-timey hockey- NHL teams include original six, 4 Olympic teams plus 3 others. Mod of Powerpuck (special thanks to Polygame and TefNacht)

Info

Including the teams (home & away), which MUST go in the Future Pinball\Libraries directory.

Also including an app that allows you to switch teams and Lauch the table automatically. This app (Pass_proj.exe) Must be located in the Future Pinball root directory (where FP.exe is located).

Finally including a .lnk for desktop, which (if you use), must point to the above app.

and thats the teams rar . no home or away . So don't know if its a script issue or files missing issue.

@freebird1963
Ok here is what you do.
Place all .fpl library files in Libraries folder in Future Pinball folder.
Place Pass_Proj.exe in same folder as Future Pinball.exe.
Place the table in Tables folder located in Future Pinball folder. (Or this won't work)
Run Pass_Proj.exe and a window will pop up asking you to select Home and Away team.
After making your selections, click green checkmark that says NHL.
Capture1.PNG

After you have picked your teams and play table, the table will start normally without having to run Pass_Proj.exe anymore.
Unless you decide to switch teams again.

Attachments

• 1659834819498.png
    1659834819498.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have done that. I get a There was a problem loading that file. Of course doesn't say what file just that file.lol
I got a feeling its because it wants to look in F:\programs\pinball etc etc. Thats what the lnk file defaults to.
Only other thing is if the team files might need to be in the tables directory ?? Gonna try that and see. Can't hurt.
Again thanks.

I didn't use the link that was included. I just went straight to Pass_Proj.exe and ran that. You could save a shortcut to desktop of this Pass_Proj.exe so you don't have to use the shortcut they included. (The one looking in F:\programs\pinball etc etc.)
Team files all need to be in libraries folder.
And there are 2 more library files that are needed to be moved to Librares folder that are not in the team.rar
countdown.fpl
lightshow.fpl

Yup those are all in the library. I don't use the link I use the PassProj file to start. I have tried clicking the render option before pressing the Green Check and not clicking it and just picking teams and hitting the green check mark.
Now when I get the THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING THAT FILE I am in the FPB editor screen or table loading screen whatever its called and if I click ok and then load up the NHL TableHockey.fpt it will load a couple of small screens but one is in the corner of the playfield (looks like the hockey rink ) and on the backglass (looks like a score board) but I can't doing anything and its a pain to get out of it.
If it flashed some big error messages I'd move on but man I hate losing to a program lol. Thanks.

Works perfect. Did you unblock the file after downloading it? Did you unzip the teams.rar and put all of the team libraries into the library folder? Just easy things to double check as it did work straight out of the box for me...

In case it's of interest, I started a 'tagging mission' for sports-themed games a couple years ago, and XenonPH recently added more when he converted the massive PSDB collection to this site.

In case you're interested in other hockey tables, here's PN's currently tagged collection: (found and tagged a couple more just now)

Come to think of it, with the World Cup 2022 running, it would probably be good to update tags for soccer / fútbol, too.

I got it started just now, but there's more tables to get to when I get a chance: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/tags/soccer/

Any download manager can do the same.

I've always wanted to make a cool modernized NHL hockey table using BAM's latest features.

We could have all the NHL teams and different arenas included directly in the same table, and give you the options to choose your teams, and the table would change based on the home team's arena, have the player's jerseys change... could have animated players on the table.... could even have interactive fights with animations... maybe an octopus is thrown on the ice on the Detroit arena... maybe have the playfield get ice scratches from the ball rolling around... heck we could even easily add the Fox PUCK! :)

I'm not a huge hockey guy, buy since NHL 95 on the Sega Genesis, I've loved simple fun hockey video games. So, if done right, this could be a very cool pinball table. With FP-BAM you have way more options for this kind of table.

When you run "Pass_Proj.exe", it creates 3 files. It adds these 2 library files to "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Libraries"

AwayTeam.fpl
HomeTeam.fpl

It saves this script file to "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables"

TeamsScript.vbs

If you use a different folder structure, you might try creating the folloowing 2 dummy folders just so you can get the 3 files and move them to your actual Libraries and Tables folders. The script file might work in the "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Scripts" folder also.

"C:\Games\Future Pinball\Libraries"
"C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables"

I think that is the way it is supposed to work. Unfortunately, on my PC "Pass_Proj.exe" will not create the away team. I tried renaming the library file for the team I selected for the away team but it didn't work.

You might see if Xenonph would send you the 3 files you need for the teams you want and then you should at least be able to play it with 2 teams.

Wow! I realized after I posted that I was trying to answer a question from August... But thank you Issac for the lists. Thank you Terry, your ideas sound amazing! Thank you George, for following through with the file structures. It worked for me, I was just trying to give some help, and now we have extra ideas and resources. Thank you guys!

When you run "Pass_Proj.exe", it creates 3 files. It adds these 2 library files to "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Libraries"

AwayTeam.fpl
HomeTeam.fpl

It saves this script file to "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables"

TeamsScript.vbs

If you use a different folder structure, you might try creating the folloowing 2 dummy folders just so you can get the 3 files and move them to your actual Libraries and Tables folders. The script file might work in the "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Scripts" folder also.

"C:\Games\Future Pinball\Libraries"
"C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables"

I think that is the way it is supposed to work. Unfortunately, on my PC "Pass_Proj.exe" will not create the away team. I tried renaming the library file for the team I selected for the away team but it didn't work.

You might see if Xenonph would send you the 3 files you need for the teams you want and then you should at least be able to play it with 2 teams.
I just put Pass_Proj.exe in my main Future Pinball folder, ran it, and picked 2 teams. Just tried again picking the Coyotes vs. Russia. Both teams came up in their jerseys and showed both names on the scoreboard...

I just put Pass_Proj.exe in my main Future Pinball folder, ran it, and picked 2 teams. Just tried again picking the Coyotes vs. Russia. Both teams came up in their jerseys and showed both names on the scoreboard...

You might attach the 3 files I mentioned and then others can play it if they have trouble like me.

You might attach the 3 files I mentioned and then others can play it if they have trouble like me.
Ok, had to run and check my other setup (that's where I have it installed), TeamScript.vbs was generated and inserted into my tables folder. And the Away & HomeTeam libraries were inserted into my library folder. Also of note my Future Pinball Drive letter is I, and it did all these things on it's own.

For those having a problem with Team Selection, this download is for you.
(Download attachment above for table and library files. Place all .fpl files in your Libraries folder.)

Here is every Team selection possible. (196 different team selections)
No need to use the Pass_Proj.exe.
Download attachment below.
Select team folder from download, and copy TeamScript.vbs file into the same folder as the table.
(Overwrite old TeamScript.vbs file when neccessary)
Run table and enjoy.
I ran table from My Documents and it worked, so it is no longer dependant on being in tables folder.

Attachments

• NHL_TableHockey Teams Selection.zip
    69.8 KB · Views: 3
I've always wanted to make a cool modernized NHL hockey table using BAM's latest features.

We could have all the NHL teams and different arenas included directly in the same table, and give you the options to choose your teams, and the table would change based on the home team's arena, have the player's jerseys change... could have animated players on the table.... could even have interactive fights with animations... maybe an octopus is thrown on the ice on the Detroit arena... maybe have the playfield get ice scratches from the ball rolling around... heck we could even easily add the Fox PUCK! :)

grOttsHuuzE

I'm not a huge hockey guy, buy since NHL 95 on the Sega Genesis, I've loved simple fun hockey video games. So, if done right, this could be a very cool pinball table. With FP-BAM you have way more options for this kind of table.
"An octopus thrown on the ice"... WTF? :lol:

So I grew up in Philly, and we played stuff like stickball and street hockey until our moms annoyedly called the cows back to the barn each weeknight. Er, well that's typically how my grade-school and early middle-school evenings went, anyway. But gosh.. looking back, those were some awesome days.

My theory is that there's a special brand of kid-sweat that will one day make some chemist a pile of chips. As in-- remember that 'pleasantly-exhausted' feeling at the end of each day, as a kid, having 'used yourself up' during the daytime hours, then head-hitting-the-pillow each night in sleep? Baby!

Oh, you know what else I really loved? Slot-hockey!

Hmm.
What are some good hockey games across VP & FP, and how might they be improved, I wonder..
What's the 'next level' in a VP / FP hockey game?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back