No DMD Data on my Backglass or Overlays- Scoring etc.

2L8ULUZ

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Strikes and Spares
Hello, I have a cabinet with 3 screens but only use the playfield and back glass monitors. I went to play a table today and the DMD inside each backglass display quit showing data.

So did the playfield HUD overlays

This just happened out of nowhere! LOL grrrrr

Can anyone assist ? Maybe I changed a setting in BAM 1.5-327?

1. I have full backglass images but just no data in the DMD area

2. I have HUD DMD overlays in the upper left corner but no data on them either

NO DMD 2 Forum.jpg

NO DMD Forum.jpg

Thanks!!

Shaun

Solution
Ok, I hope someone can learn from this situation. I ended up reinstalling FP. I just copied over all my data to the fresh install and all is back to normal. I have no idea what happened here, but are glad its fixed. Anyone else searching this forum for this problem, know that all my other tables worked, backglass and all. It was the Ultimate Pro tables that would not show and DMD data.
Kinda sounds like something up @TerryRed's alley.

I've also updated the posting notice to include more potential people to ask for help, and will send around a PM about that later.

TY! So Much!! I wish there was a trouble shooting guide to this, but I imagine it would be huge.
Is there a manual Terry?

TY! So Much!! I wish there was a trouble shooting guide to this, but I imagine it would be huge.
Is there a manual Terry?

Not sure if these meet your needs, but there's a bunch of excellent manuals here:

George also has a huge overall help guide for FP over at GoPinball, if that helps.:

Just wanted to give you some stuff to check out while waiting for an expert. I'm just a FP-newbie, myself.

Ok, I hope someone can learn from this situation. I ended up reinstalling FP. I just copied over all my data to the fresh install and all is back to normal. I have no idea what happened here, but are glad its fixed. Anyone else searching this forum for this problem, know that all my other tables worked, backglass and all. It was the Ultimate Pro tables that would not show and DMD data.

Solution
I would say something got corrupted along the way. The antivirus messing up, the very filesystem it self, the writing to fpram from FP/BAM... anything can happen.

Overclocking is not usually good for simulations either so if you have your cpu/gpu overclocked, try the stock speeds too. Check the cables too, especially if you happen to notice a variance in colour (they may need to be reseated).

And obviously, when everything fails, a clean install will, probably, solve the problem as it proved :)

Glad you made it work in the end.

The Terry Mega Guide seem real nice. But the page of explications is a "real long page scrolling".

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: GotBrawndo is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back