Support File Open a table bypassing FP Editor

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
Disclaimer: either my search fu sucks or there really is no guide for this. If this is known and already here, feel free to delete this post.

So, for those you want to double click a table and go directly into play bypassing the fp editor or have a multi emulator front end (it'll probably work in this case to) I've found that you can
do this using the following instructions.

Note: bold parts can/should be edited by the user.
  • create a file named fplaunch.bat (or whatever name you prefer) under your FP install path
  • Edit the file with your text editor of choice and paste this line into it (double quotes included) -> "C:\Emus\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open %1 /PLAY /exit
  • right click any .fpt file and chose Properties
  • Click the button Change
  • Click More apps and scroll all the way down
  • Click Look for another app on this PC
  • go to you future pinball folder and click fplaunch.bat
Hopefully this can save sometime loading a table :)

I created this tutorial that shows how to create shortcuts and have right click context menu:

It is part of my overall tutorial for FP:

I did search for /play and open but after scrolling from a huge amount of results I gave up!

Messing with the registry is doing it the "hard" way (not really hard with those instructions).

Anyway, should I have seen that post, it would have save me quite some time and got better served! Your tutorial offer options, which I could not do but wanted :D

I did search for /play and open but after scrolling from a huge amount of results I gave up!

Messing with the registry is doing it the "hard" way (not really hard with those instructions).

Anyway, should I have seen that post, it would have save me quite some time and got better served! Your tutorial offer options, which I could not do but wanted :D

Your method looks easier than mine. I updated my tutorial with a link to here for an alternate method.

Well, there's something for everybody then :)

Your way might work well for folks that may not use right click context all that much.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back