Flipperless Recreation FP Favorite (Buckley, 1932) v1.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Future Pinball

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Patrick has made a FP version of Favorite, using the alternate playfield from the VP version we made together. He has created a Tilt System, which is very good, and has included a Warning bell, so you have no one to blame but yourself if you end up tilting this game. Very nice work Patrick. You can get Favorite either at IRP or at PN, using this link: http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewsdownload&sid=35

694.jpg

Sweet! :) I like the silver nails.

Tell me why it Tilts again :rasta:

bob said:
Sweet! :) I like the silver nails.

Tell me why it Tilts again :rasta:

Yeah, Patrick does some really nice work. It tilts becuase you nudged it too much. But to answer the question you really asked, because the possibility of tilting adds to the overall play experience, making you pick when and how hard you nudge. And back when the game was in bars and pool halls, it probably kept hoodlums from kicking the machine if they lost their side bets.

John

I think the point of the question is, how does the real machine know if it has been tilted or not? Without solid state electronics, and since it was originally created before a tilt mechanism was invented (AFAIK being from 1930 or so), how would the real machine know? Tilt/Nudge isn't mentioned on the instructions or the game flyer. If the real machine did indeed tilt, it would say "forfeit game or ball in play" somewhere, or it would be listed as a feature on the flyer IMO.

Yea, I was just teasing as the real machine doesn't tilt. The real machine is pretty cool, after you insert the penny and then when you push in the lever, it moves the whole board directly underneath the playfield, which has holes in it also and when pushed forward they align up with the playfield holes which allows the 7 balls to fall through the "now totally open" holes. The balls fall through to the plunger and the lever pulls back, which closes the holes until another penny is inserted. The real machine can really on double the score once, because the ball remains in the double hole, blocking future balls from entering. That is why some of the circles are so big, this allows multible balls to enter those scoring zones. Of course with pc's, it's not always a good idea to have so many balls on the table at one time as it slows the pc down to a crawl or gives you jerky, skipping graphics, so destroying the balls is almost a must, but I might leave the ball in the double hole throughout the game. I played one of these games a few times when I was a kid.... I remember it was very boring. My favorite thing to play was the bowling games that used the discs (set on FlashOmatic or strike 90), at least until I became a teenager and then it was pinball.

destruk said:
I think the point of the question is, how does the real machine know if it has been tilted or not? Without solid state electronics, and since it was originally created before a tilt mechanism was invented (AFAIK being from 1930 or so), how would the real machine know? Tilt/Nudge isn't mentioned on the instructions or the game flyer. If the real machine did indeed tilt, it would say "forfeit game or ball in play" somewhere, or it would be listed as a feature on the flyer IMO.

You're right, most of the early pins didn't tilt, but the ones that did used a dry cell battery which hooked up to a pedestal tilt device, like the one below from Gottlieb's Flying Trapeze. When you inserted your coin, a thin pedestal raised up with a small ball bearing on top. If you nudged hard enough to knock the ball off the game shorted out, and your fun was over.

Attachments

• flyingtrapezecard.jpg
    flyingtrapezecard.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 721
Flying Trapeze is an electromechanical game. It still doesn't explain why Favorite or Ballyhoo have Tilt in future pinball, and not in real life. I think, for own personal preference, adding a tilt feature that shouldn't be there, limits my enjoyment of kicking the machine around on the computer. But that's just me - you want it to tilt, you made it tilt, you like that. Could you provide simple instructions for us anal purists to remove the tilt feature of these two games?

destruk said:
Flying Trapeze is an electromechanical game. It still doesn't explain why Favorite or Ballyhoo have Tilt in future pinball, and not in real life. I think, for own personal preference, adding a tilt feature that shouldn't be there, limits my enjoyment of kicking the machine around on the computer. But that's just me - you want it to tilt, you made it tilt, you like that. Could you provide simple instructions for us anal purists to remove the tilt feature of these two games?

I can;t with the FP tables, since I haven't studied the scripting enough to understand it. I didn't realize that you even played these old games Brian, you're fun of surprises. :p Just for you I'll stop adding tilt to my bagatelle, so you can toss them against the wall if you feel like it. :s

tiltjlp said:
destruk said:

I can't help you with the FP tables, since I haven't studied the scripting enough to understand it. I didn't realize that you even played these old games Brian, you're fun of surprises. :p Just for you I'll stop adding tilt to my bagatelle, so you can toss them against the wall if you feel like it. :s

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: RabidUrko has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back