Peter Puck Pinball Disaster a disaster.

freebird1963

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jungle Queen
Trying to run this. It loads and starts up and 2 seconds later kicks out. No errors. Nothing. I tried several different versions but all do the same.
I tried running directly from the futurepinball.exe and got some stuff on the monitors but locks up the machine and is about the size of a hand.

Did you move the included fpl files to libraries folder?
I just tried version peter_puck_pinball_disaster-table_(0_9_93) and it works fine.
The table runs a few tests when first starting up, so be patient.

Yea got all the fpl in there that came with it. LIke 4 or 5. Does it kick out and go back ? Mine leaves the game and goes back to the frontend.
Thanks.

I don't use any Front-Ends, so I cannot help you with that problem.
But it does not kick the game off or out for me.
After it goes through all the testing, it asks to please select ball effects.
Use left flipper to select Low, and right flipper to select High.
Then you press player start to select.
After that the balls loaded and I was able to play game.
Capturezzzz.PNG

That is what happens. Now its not the only table I have had this happen too. Galga too and a couple older ones.

I am by no means a Future Pinball expert, so maybe one of our FP experts here will be able to help you figure this problem out.

Hey I appreciate the time you've taken. I think it was Terry that said to delete the FP stuff in registry but been to chicken shit to do that lol. Other than a few tables that are older most run good. Even like Terry's Death Star Assault. So if those big complex ones run it makes me nervous to delete stuff. Thanks again for the help.

It is a really cool table but weird in a good way. Are you sure you have install BAM 349? There was a bug that cause FP to crash and BAM 349 fixes it. Also be sure to not have load images checked in the options.

Do other tables crash when you play them?

Yup got latest BAM update for the big Death Assault table.
That plays. Many others play. A few do this. Like I said the complex ones, many older ones play. Just a couple. Galga quits. Cant recall others.
And no load images checked.
Thanks.

OK. If you are playing on a cabinet, all the front ends can cause havoc on FP if they are not set up correctly. ... But since other tables play OK.

The only other thing I can suggest is for you to send Ravarcade your BAM crash log and see if he can figure it out.

Yea on a cabinet. Tried with PinballY and w/o it to play it. Does same thing.
No clue on how to send it to him.

Yea on a cabinet. Tried with PinballY and w/o it to play it. Does same thing.
No clue on how to send it to him.
Just click on the icon for the envelope at the top right side of this page.

I don't use any Front-Ends, so I cannot help you with that problem.
But it does not kick the game off or out for me.
After it goes through all the testing, it asks to please select ball effects.
Use left flipper to select Low, and right flipper to select High.
Then you press player start to select.
After that the balls loaded and I was able to play game.
View attachment 25574
So I'm guessing that after the last couple BAM updates fixed whatever was keeping this table from loading cause now it loads. I like it but man mine doesn't look like this at all. Is there another version out there ? IF so can I get it ? Or is this Bam VR ? Other question does anyone what physics is used with this one or what version I could use to make the table a little more lively. Ball kinda floats.. THanks.

I think I only changed to that view using the Function keys like F-2 or F-4 and such.
I am not a Future Pinball expert so I am unable to help you with your other questions.

So I'm guessing that after the last couple BAM updates fixed whatever was keeping this table from loading cause now it loads. I like it but man mine doesn't look like this at all. Is there another version out there ? IF so can I get it ? Or is this Bam VR ? Other question does anyone what physics is used with this one or what version I could use to make the table a little more lively. Ball kinda floats.. THanks.

The last version I have is "Peter Puck Pinball Disaster 0.9.93". The view Xeno posted is just one of the default views that come with FP for use on a desktop. Since you have a cabinet, I would think you would want to use the Static Cam menu on BAM to add it to your cabinet. The table was never updated to include any of the new versions of physics. You should try updating it using this tutorial:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back