Pictures... pictures of our pinball faces. Here inside this thread.

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Note: Was your pic shared below non-approved?
Please let us know ASAP! Can be swiftly removed!

Note2: There's also a thread showing what our places look like from space, a thread of fun pics across multiple themes, and finally, a thread dedicated to the ones who've passed.

Wither Tim "Tii" Moffett?
About @Tii, but what happened to it him? I mean he created tables every three days ... and he didn't use Bam ...
Yeah man, I'm *still* trying to figure that one out. Tim seemed to disappear from the pin-sim sites last year, and all the music he shared in threads here no longer seems available on Youtube. :/

Since then, I've done a few searches here and there, trying to look up his name in the Dallas, Texas area, but no luck so far. Can't even figure out if the poor guy passed on, or what. I'm thinking he'd be around sixty now, mister Timothy Moffett.

I guess the best source to pursue is probably his Facebook band site, i.e. "Space Gringos." And notice that his brother Dan is still listed, but now Tim's name is seemingly missing from the lineup, zoiks! Anyway, attached are a couple photos publicly shared from their FB acct. First one is Tim with a cool filter applied. Second is Dan on the left, Tim on the right.

Ooh, ooh...!
While searching my "pinball people" pics for an older pic of Tim, I ran across some buddies & personalities from days of yore, i.e. Pop Bumper Pete (love that calm, knowing expression, altho there's another look there I can't quite put my fingerbone on!), Yogiholzer (German laddie, nice guy, spoke terrible English, we all loved him), Sleepy (the late-great Arne McMunn), SLAMT1LT (Russell Speak, leftmost) & Eala Dubhe Sidhe (Dave Sanders, one over), MrHide ("Phillipe" from Montreal, met him once at the Allentown PA show, cool guy, wish we'd had more time to hang), Starman (Walter DerVito, Germany, legend), RandR (i.e. Jason at RandR Computers, and I'm still angry / depressed that hackers evidently brought our bro down), Itchigo (Tim, left) & PBecker (Phil) (as for Tim, I've never seen someone pick up tech so quickly, and as for Phil, I'm still blown away by his legendary "attention to detail" upon so many classic EM's).

Attachments

• Tim Moffett drums.jpg
    Tim Moffett drums.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Space Gringos.jpg
    Space Gringos.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Pete_aka_TheManFromPOST.jpg
    Pete_aka_TheManFromPOST.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 78
  • yogiholzer.jpg
    yogiholzer.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Sleepy Selfy.jpg
    Sleepy Selfy.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Russel Speak (Slamt1lt), Dave Saunders (Ealah), Janos Kiss, Otilia Pasareti, Romain Fontaine.jpg
    Russel Speak (Slamt1lt), Dave Saunders (Ealah), Janos Kiss, Otilia Pasareti, Romain Fontaine.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 89
  • MrHide2.jpg
    MrHide2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 84
  • Starman Walter derVito.jpg
    Starman Walter derVito.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Jason at RandRcomputers.jpeg
    Jason at RandRcomputers.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Itchigo, Phil Becker.jpg
    Itchigo, Phil Becker.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Can't even figure out if the poor guy passed on, or what. I'm thinking he'd be about 60 now.
OOhhh!!!
I thought it was a boy, seen the types of tables.... anyway, I hope he is well!

While searching my "pinball people" pics for an older pic of Tim, I ran across some buddies & personalities from days of yore
Nice people!!!

Also loved this pic of @rascal (Al Ruben or Al Rosen, something like that), @elton (shorthand for "Elton"), @Itchigo (Tim) and the lads for a special event get-together, couple years ago in Michigan.

Elton: "I came all the way from Wales for *this* shizzle?!" (lol)

Anyway, Rascally-Al leftmost, Tim-Itchigo rightmost, Sir Elton John 5th from right. But the others... the others...?

Lil help, pls! :o

Attachments

• Michigan PP2.jpg
    Michigan PP2.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Just to round things out, some 55yo fool took a selfie, couple minutes ago.

Attachments

• Captain DoofusHead.jpg
    Captain DoofusHead.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I do miss talking with Starman so much. He was extremely kind and I could always talk with him.

Tim (Itchigo) doesn't live too far from me and now and then we still talk over the phone. Tim is an awesome guy and we love to talk about the "good ole days of Visual Pinball" when it was mostly the "fun factor" and tables didn't require "photo realism" to play just about right. I always like to speak with Tim when he calls but sometimes I'll call him. Tim owns and runs Rogue Pinball for those who didn't know this.

I've met three people because of VP. One is Russ Jensen whom I met at the Pinball Expo at the Chicago Mariott when it was held there. The man was a TREASURE TROVE of info for 1970's to the very beginning of pinball. NEVER met a man so knowledgeable about such things. He knew his stuff.

I also met TWO VP'ers in person whom are no longer with VP. One was Plumb and the other was Mr. Fixx; we met in Illinois and had lunch and shot the BS about VP. It was a complete blast and I for one hope and pray BOTH of them are okay and safe. Plumb could fix just about anything graphic wise that was needed to use in VP. Fixxy was a great player and critic for just about all the VP tables. Those were the FUN DAYS to be sure.

Is that a photo of you Nic? If so, COOL stuff. You're also one of the few folks in VP I've actually talked to on the phone and cherish those times that we can and do. I look forward to talking with you as much as possible in the future.

GREAT stuff Nic and thanks for the posts sir.

PS: Folks I would like to find and talk to are Starman and Warrior. These two guys have hearts of gold. Starman himself was an ARTIST when it came to VP - there is no denying this as each of his releases were just amazing. Warrior only did two tables but I felt I had a certain type of "bond" with this guy and his works. I hope they are both doing fine.

PPS: There ARE some folks in VP I don't even want to know.

Anyway, Rascally-Al leftmost, TimItchigo rightmost, Sir Elton John 5th from right. But the others... the others...?
Waoooo!!!!!
certainly they do not suffer hungry ....:appl::shockedalien:!!!!!!!!
Just to round things out, some fool took a selfie, couple minutes ago.
it looks like a face I've seen before?????

it looks like a face I've seen before?????
A face from your Catholic nightmares, perhaps?

(notice how my vestment is reversed, as a small token of disapproval upon how thine be letting the faith down)

KIDDING! :D

A face from your Catholic nightmares, perhaps?

(notice how my vestment is reversed, as a small token of disapproval upon how thine be letting the faith down)
Then I think it's better, that I put on my knees, and I begin to pray, very intensely.....:bonk::hail:.

Alright man, you inspired me to post a couple more.

Is be: JP Salas and wife, Gordon Gilbert (the legendary "PacDude"), the late, great Russ Jensen (famed pinball historian), Destruk (Brian Smith, one of our collective heroes in life), Druadic (flipperless maestro), and Duglis, (classic EM boss).

Attachments

• jpsalas.jpg
    jpsalas.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 67
  • PacDude.jpg
    PacDude.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Russ Jensen.jpg
    Russ Jensen.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 62
  • Destruk.jpg
    Destruk.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Druadic (Billy D).jpg
    Druadic (Billy D).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Duglis Silfen.jpg
    Duglis Silfen.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, moar...

Elton on his wedding day (cutest dang pic pon yon history of the universe?), Señor PopeyeArms (StevOz, Steve R., our bro), JonPurpleHaze (our host), Scapino (Kurt H., pioneer of bringing rendering to pin sims), Bob5453 (Bobby McC. @bob, voice of reason who prevented me throwing my computer out the damn window on more than one occasion), Randy Davis (originator of VP, ~20yo pic), Wrenchien (Charles Duncan, Texas, primitive VP genius, or something like that), The Loafer / Loafmeister (Rob C., my early mentor, inspiration, and template in terms of site-staff-work), LeeVanCleef (in the middle; my deranged / evil genius of a blond friend), Pop Bumper Pete trying out his new prosthetic (love you Pete), Kinsey (sadly departed now; early VPF admin and super-excellent table maker).

Attachments

• Elton.wedding.52126753_10215826453551798_6595230099019137024_n.jpg
    Elton.wedding.52126753_10215826453551798_6595230099019137024_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 85
  • StevOz, i.e. Mssr PopeyeArms.jpg
    StevOz, i.e. Mssr PopeyeArms.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 98
  • JonPurpleHaze.Silverball_Saloon_c.jpg
    JonPurpleHaze.Silverball_Saloon_c.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • Scapino, Kurt Herman or similar spelling.jpg
    Scapino, Kurt Herman or similar spelling.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Bob5453.jpg
    Bob5453.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Randy_Davis.jpg
    Randy_Davis.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Wrenchien Charles Duncan.jpg
    Wrenchien Charles Duncan.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Ze Loafer (Rob C.).jpg
    Ze Loafer (Rob C.).jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Lee Van Cleef (Bill C.).jpg
    Lee Van Cleef (Bill C.).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Pete Post, Pete Pope.gif
    Pete Post, Pete Pope.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Kinsey Leah Hines.jpg
    Kinsey Leah Hines.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 82
that boy, with hat, is Jon?

Last edited:
I'd like to hope Tii is doing ok,he was always a legend. I have one of his cd's he sent me many years ago. His music was unique, and pretty awesome. His tables always kept me guessing, re what he'd come up with next.

I'd like to hope Tii is doing ok,he was always a legend. I have one of his cd's he sent me many years ago. His music was unique, and pretty awesome. His tables always kept me guessing, re what he'd come up with next.
Make you a deal, Marty?

I'll go ahead and bother Space Gringos and Dan Moffett for news upon Tim (never aggressively, mind you), if you could share... one of you in one of your damn cool hats?

Right so, not so?

Loved seeing all of the pictures. Hope Tii, GSGregg, and Lee Van Cleef are all doing well. Came by to check out the threads and didn't see any posts from these folks in a while. This is the five year anniversary of Sleepy's passing, so I'm feeling a bit nostalgic tonight. Hope you are doing well too Ike, Nic, Isaac!

@Sleepy's Sister,
Hi Kathy; if you swing around again and see this, I'd love to have a better picture of Arne. I think the one we have (above) was from a day in which he had a bad toothache or something? Would also be really cool to see him posing in places he used to frequent around LA, linking back to the stories he used to tell. If somehow possible.

And yeah... wow. It's five years ALREADY? oO Edit: Hmm, found another of Sleepy that I think you contributed at some point. Ain't he a cute lil' rascal?

@GSGregg (the Grand Superba) is below. Like many, he's evidently joined the ranks of those who stop by every once in a while but don't get involved anymore. Similar deal with @LeeVanCleef, who hangs out more on Facebook now, I believe.

Kind of wild how for many years the site was pretty dead in terms of new table content, but a few of us regularly used it to chatter on about this or that. Now it's almost exactly reversed. Of course I do try to scatter some breadcrumbs around for the pigeons, but the current flock seem to be of a different feather. I.e., not big chatterers. Oh well.

Hmm... there we go.
The very circle of life, lol.

Attachments

• GSGregg.jpg
    GSGregg.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 56
  • sleepy.jpg
    sleepy.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
You mean a hat like this one? (positively ancient photo that)
Alternatively I found this black hat hiding on my head in the dimly lit background of a photo from a nightclub decades ago stashed on their website in the darkest reaches of the nethernet...

Attachments

• 10401124_42276134728_9556_n.jpg
    10401124_42276134728_9556_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 55
  • martinhatnecro.jpg
    martinhatnecro.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
*Phew*
Thank gorsh for that excellent pic on the left, because that guy on the right is all about nightmare fuel. :(
(awesome Mad Hatter hat, tho!)

Okay, a few more pics to bring us up to date, yeah?
Some various-quality snaps of @angmarg52, @Duglis, @FranciscoPozo, @Ian (WVP) and @TheHermit.

Note: I'd previously asked @shiva, @GeorgeH, @Paolo, @Gimli, @NitroNimbus and JPR (@Popotte) if they wanted to share a pic. The offer still stands, but take your time, please. :-)

Also-- @xenonph... want to join the club?

As for @TerryRed-- like.. just as I was looking to snap a good face-pic from one of his videos / streams, I came across this wonderful gem:

Terry, you muvvle-fluffin ROCK, sir.

Heh, so here's a new angle-- your FP stuff usually crashes my lame PC, so who cares?
It might just be your family-hijinks that makes me want to get on board! (that is, found a family myself)

Bah.

Attachments

• AngeloM.jpg
    AngeloM.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Duglis 2015.jpg
    Duglis 2015.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 34
  • FPozo.jpg
    FPozo.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IanL - WoVP.png
    IanL - WoVP.png
    437 KB · Views: 35
  • The Hermit - JasonE.jpg
    The Hermit - JasonE.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 38
Yah, that was the very first "from scratch" table I ever tried (table, code... everything). Got it all done in 2 weeks.

I cringe looking at it today from a "table builder's" pov (as I could easily make it look so much better today)... but it did it's job, and my family are not pinball people... so I wasn't concerned with table quality. :)

Muchas gracias por las fotos. It's good to know the faces behind the author. I never imagined how these guys were in real life.
I thank all of them for the help they have given me voluntarily or involuntarily. I have learned a lot from them.

Me and Duglis talk on Facebook quite a bit. I do miss him making his tables too.

Has anyone heard from Walter or Starman? Hope he's okay.

Warrior WHERE ARE YOU??? Wish I could talk with you. Same for Mr. Fixx and Plumb.

JP Salas is a GODSEND for any answers I need answered but he's pretty much over at VPF. Bummer.

Destruk is another great guy to talk with.

Nice head of hair xenonph. Mine USED to be this way but now I have a down to the scalp crewcut and my hair is ALL GREY. <sigh>

d

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back