Pictures... pictures of our pinball face's places from space

Foof, that's sweet. Indeed, I need to figure something like that out for my wireless keyboard.

Right now it's completely awkward where to lay the keyboard when not in use. And then, when it -is- in use, the keyboard's laying flat on my torso, and I can't really see it. So as a non-touch typist, I'm constantly mistyping things and getting irritated.

Some kind of standing affair like yours that rolled and swiveled would be really nice. It's a little too articulated for me to try to build by hand, so something out of the box would be nice. Just need to do some searches online and see if there's anything that's good and priced nicely...

Levo has started making a stand like mine for a laptop if you have one. I think the laptop sets on the stand so you can't turn it upside down like I can with the tablet stand. There is also a stand for reading books.

Great idea @Anthias, pics from space!
It is so interesting to see that all our own little slice of this earth is so different from one another.
From inner city to manicured lawns.
My house pic from google maps, I am guessing it is in December(summer for us) about is 4-5 years ago.
Come on google maps update your shit.
Seriously 80% of the time it is all green and I never stop mower, cheers!

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 55
My place from space is set to change! I'll be selling up and taking a new job. The new job involves me taking the wife and kid and living on site. We get a beautiful big house the employer no longer lives in, in return for keeping the gardens alive and tidy. So why do we get a house? Well, google didn't even bother getting a nice close up, it's so far from everything. Nearest town is about 60km away. And yep, the driveway is also a runway.

Attachments

• dtwo.png
    dtwo.png
    623.6 KB · Views: 47
@Anthias,
Wow. Sounds like a proper adventure there, matey!

Do you have much gardening experience?
Are the local poisonous fauna slathering their mouthparts in anticipation? D:

The adventure has begun. Two days down at work. This is the driveway. Loving it. My house is behind the treeson the right

Attachments

• IMG20211110142615.jpg
    IMG20211110142615.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 41
Moved in Monday. Started work on Tuesday. Admitted to ICU on Friday. FFS...

What... what happened?
Sudden onset of Diabetes. I was losing weight fast, got to first available Dr appointment Dr sent for tests and said I could go back to work. Next day bam DKA crash, body started to shut down, wife took my temp as 34.9 Celsius! got me to the nearest hospital I've no idea if she sped, I was out of it by then, don't remember much but they stabilised me and transferred two hours by road to another hospital and I've been here ever since. Lost about 15kg in a couple of weeks.

Sudden onset of Diabetes. I was losing weight fast, got to first available Dr appointment Dr sent for tests and said I could go back to work. Next day bam DKA crash, body started to shut down, wife took my temp as 34.9 Celsius! got me to the nearest hospital I've no idea if she sped, I was out of it by then, don't remember much but they stabilised me and transferred two hours by road to another hospital and I've been here ever since. Lost about 15kg in a couple of weeks.
Holy shazbat, I'm sorry to hear that, Marty.

Sounds like the very worst timing, you being distracted with all the other stuff.

So what's the outlook, if you don't mind my asking?

Holy shazbat, I'm sorry to hear that, Marty.

Sounds like the very worst timing, you being distracted with all the other stuff.

So what's the outlook, if you don't mind my asking?
I look like a skeleton from Davey Jones's ship but I'm out of the woods and feeling fine. Getting the hang of the insulin etc. Once it's under control I'll get my muscles back, and my new employer is fantastic about it all.

I look like a skeleton from Davey Jones's ship but I'm out of the woods and feeling fine. Getting the hang of the insulin etc. Once it's under control I'll get my muscles back, and my new employer is fantastic about it all.
Wow, but also good to hear.

With my CFS/ME, I'd probably be in major trouble if I developed D-II.

My diet is mostly vegetarian and low glycemic load, but I've also drunk my share of booze across my 40's. Not sure how much damage that all did, but no doubt it was significant, i.e. lots of alcohol-sugar rushes for my pancreas to deal with.

For years drs have told me I'm not at risk because I'm a good weight etc. So much for that. Also meant I had little to lose when it happened

For years drs have told me I'm not at risk because I'm a good weight etc. So much for that.
IANAD, but that sounds like a borderline lazy, irresponsible thing for them to say.

Weight is a big factor, but it's not the only factor. Diet is huge, for one thing.

Yeah just a bit. We're getting new drs asap closer to the new place. Probably should have a long time ago.

In other news, turns out they're filming the new Mad Max close to the farm I've moved to! Wonder how I get in frame? Lol.

And for thread tax, here is a house photo. It's part of the front garden. Sorry it's not from space. Sure is peaceful here though.

Attachments

• IMG20220207202227.jpg
    IMG20220207202227.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 44
Looks like a sizable yard there @Anthias hope you have a ride on mower. ⛳

Lol that shows about a quarter of the front yard. Then there's the side, and the back. Thankfully this place comes with a decent ride on. I whip around it all in a few hours scattered throughout the week. And I get paid to whip around the rest of the farm in several more hours. Once I have everything sorted and the old house sold, I might actually find time for pinball again!

Well the adventure is coming to a close. We've been given notice to vacate the house on the farm. So my place from space will be changing again! No idea where yet.

@Anthias, What about joining @StevOz in the Perth suburbs?

From all I've read, it sounds like one of the best areas to live across the globe, assuming there's work, of course.

@Anthias, What about joining @StevOz in the Perth suburbs?

From all I've read, it sounds like one of the best areas to live across the globe, assuming there's work, of course.
Perth is tempting in many ways, but its a LOOOONGGGG move. As it is, we have successfully moved into a town about an hour and a half from the farm. I'm still working full time at the farm though, so it's hard, but at this point I'm staying overnight at work two nights a week to make it easier. The move is great so far for Mrs Me and the toddler. It's pricey rent wise, but my job gave me a pay rise which covers it nicely, and included the fuel for my travel to and from, so that's all peachy. It's fantastic to be actually in a town again.

Actually I am at a much better place then Perth, left that rat race over 30 years ago, now in Bunbury.

Perth is tempting in many ways, but its a LOOOONGGGG move. As it is, we have successfully moved into a town about an hour and a half from the farm. I'm still working full time at the farm though, so it's hard, but at this point I'm staying overnight at work two nights a week to make it easier. The move is great so far for Mrs Me and the toddler. It's pricey rent wise, but my job gave me a pay rise which covers it nicely, and included the fuel for my travel to and from, so that's all peachy. It's fantastic to be actually in a town again.
Ah, good to hear, on balance. I gather you feel better in order to be working as you are.

Actually I am at a much better place then Perth, left that rat race over 30 years ago, now in Bunbury.
Oh, I do see that's a good ways down. I could have sworn the last time I saw you on the member map, it flagged you much closer to Perth. That was a while ago, tho, so... :blush:

Member map is not that accurate also I use an alternative DNS to that of my ISP to circumnavigate government censorship. Ah Ha! :pirat:

Member map is not that accurate also I use an alternative DNS to that of my ISP to circumnavigate government censorship. Ah Ha! :pirat:
Steve, you fucking asshole. I knew it!

Not sure that having an alternative DNS effects the Map, though I thought I'd mention it anyway. That said, in the few times I have used the Map, it always reports my location incorrectly, once it reported my location as being over the other side of Australia, over 3000 kms away. So just saying, I would not put a lot of faith in the Map.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back