Pinball history

Nice.
Would also be helpful if YoungBro made a pre-Gottlieb video, since "pinball" arguably goes back way further than 1929.

From what I've researched in the past, there were actually PostRen games that could be considered 'early pinball,' which date back to the 1700's IIRC.

Nice.
Would also be helpful if YoungBro made a pre-Gottlieb video, since "pinball" arguably goes back way further than 1929.

From what I've researched in the past, there were actually PostRen games that could be considered 'early pinball,' which date back to the 1700's IIRC.

I take issue with his overwrought distinction between Panchinko and Pinball. It is true they evolved in different directions, but they evolved from essentially the same types of games. Pachinko in many ways retains more of the aspects of early gambling and redemption games that used pins.

The whole "shooting ramps and toys" thing wasn't really definitive of pinball till the late 80's.

Also, his taken on La Guardia lacks context. La Guardia was an extremely popular mayor, about as popular as FDR was president. At the time, La Guardia's attitudes were typical of Americans in general (especially among Protestants - La Guardia was an Episcopalian), who took a dim view of gambling.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're "100% American," @FireDragon76?

Seems like you have a lot to say, but you have the good sense to... know what the hell you're talking, matey?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back