Williams Solved PIN·BOT (Williams, 1986) Stupid Question / How to get this plug apart?

merkury

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Pin*Bot #549
Hi again, I have a pretty basic (stupid) question. Please see the photos for the exact harness plugs. It's a Williams System 11 Pinbot. How do you get these things apart? I am swapping the playfield and need to remove the old playfield so I can transfer all the components over.

Big Harness Plug
Small Harness Plug

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi again, I have a pretty basic (stupid) question. Please see the photos for the exact harness plugs. It's a Williams System 11 Pinbot. How do you get these things apart? I am swapping the playfield and need to remove the old playfield so I can transfer all the components over.

Big Harness Plug
Small Harness Plug

Thanks in advance!
With the big harness plug, hold the plug body using both hands holding the 4 short ends , wiggle the 2 parts of the plug apart.
It’s the same for the small harness plug, but some of the smaller plugs will have 2 locking clip tabs that need to be released with a small straight screwdriver, then wiggle the plug apart.
Never pull plugs apart by the wires.

Big Harness Plug
Small Harness Plug

Thanks in advance!
With the big harness plug, hold the plug body using both hands holding the 4 short ends , wiggle the 2 parts of the plug apart.
It’s the same for the small harness plug, but some of the smaller plugs will have 2 locking clip tabs that need to be released with a small straight screwdriver, then wiggle the plug apart.
Never pull plugs apart by the wires.

Solution
Thanks again pinballdaveh. I thought I should ask before I made a mistake forcing it apart. I had to hold onto one side with a small pair of channel lock pliers and I wore a pair of gloves. I had bought a set of pin release tools (I think that's what they are called). I used a couple of those wedged in also to release the locks.

I did manage to get them apart though! Now my old playfield is out of the cabinet.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back