shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
A new version of Playboy se3 is now ready, and available for download. This uses the latest build of the shivaEngine3 script engine, and is for Visual Pinball.

This is a full upload, as there are some changes to the table itself, most importantly the sounds used for the new chime scoring system. There are also some minor layout tweaks, and some scripting changes, as well as any changes from the engine itself, including new features and bug fixes.

The biggest change with Playboy is a readjustment of the skill levels to make SetSkillLevel=1 a bit more challenging. The easy and conservative settings remain pretty much the same.

Screenshot:
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot18231ew.jpg

Post and download:
http://www.shivasite.byethost22.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20

Thanks for the upgrade shiva, it looks excellent!

The rapidshare thing is a pain, Hope you upload it Here!

I uploaded it to irp, so when ever it's up, you can grab it there

Re: RE: Playboy se3 Build 6.15.06

Looks nice, but can't play it, so I was wondering if you might change the ExecuteGlobal call from OpenTextFile to GetTextFile, because I have all of my scripts in the scripts folder, and would like to keep them all there, and OpenTextFile doesn't allow me to do that. :(

RE: Re: RE: Playboy se3 Build 6.15.06

People can change this one themselves.

Go into the script editor (it's unlocked for this reason) and replace the code lines

Top of the script, replace with this:
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("shivaengine3.vbs")

Bottom of the script in the script editor. Replace with this:
' Gates and Slings code
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("se3_1823_gates.vbs")

' Far right lane, with 3 count system to light 5k
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("se3_1823_railway.vbs")
' 3 stage bumpers (advanced!)
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("se3_1823_bumpers.vbs")

' Right Target Banks / Inlanes / Outlanes
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("se3_1823_targets_and_lanes.vbs")

' Calendar Button Targets / Playmate Award
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("se3_1823_calendar_playmate.vbs")

' Keys / Grotto (Note: most complex code)
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("se3_1823_keys_grotto.vbs")

Re: RE: Re: RE: Playboy se3 Build 6.15.06

shiva said:
People can change this one themselves.

Go into the script editor (it's unlocked for this reason) and replace the code lines

Unlocked it may be, but it's not SAVEABLE, and since changing the script every time I want to play it is a lot of work, guess I'll have to put those scripts in my tables folder.

Thanks for the help. Really appreciated.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Playboy se3 Build 6.15.06

I see what happened. Old version listed in the dl manager here, I had uploaded it to a folder, but the link was changed to point to the download system instead, so it never got updated. This is a fresh copy I just made:

http://pinballnirvana.com/shiva/se3/1823_playboyse3.zip

see if that works better for you

Thank you very much Shiva. Works great!

And I must say you have become a master at making SS tables in VP that act just like their VPM counterparts. :D

(Thanks Jon as well for updating the dl manager)

Thank you as well, though I do VP versions because I don't have to be so exact, and other authors get so damn compeditive sometimes with VPM. Have to give props to Cold1 as well, the orginal se turned out to be a lot more flexible than intended, and though I am not a great coder, it's very easy to work with and change.

I discovered yesterday that the VP Playboy version wasn't ever added to the site, this is NEW!
:rockband:

38 Downloads but Kiss has 265 in 6 days, how about a Screenshot of Playboy!

886.jpg

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back