Stern Played 24 today

Joe

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
I played it today rom 1.2 and it’s fun game but it is a little hard mainly the sniper shot and the right ramp.
There is no / seems to be no skill shot at this time.

Count downs still run when the ball is in the bumpers.

There seems to be NO comp time after a multiball to start a new and stack it but you can stack them while one is still running.

missing art images in places on the dmd.

seems to be hold ups in places in multiball where the game likes to hold balls in place for a little time.

Finally got to play "24" the other day and I have to say i kinda like it. All the multiballs seem to be stackable, the audio and dmd displays are well done. Game flows real nice and has a good feel to it. Only played it 6 times and reached 300+ Million. 300+mIllion wasnt even good enough to place on the highscore table to my surprise. Guess I need to work on getting the "NUKE" jackpot value higher first. Completed 19 scenes so maybe a little more work and can get all 24 of them.

Looking towards playing the game again soon.

I played it for the first time this weekend...I only had one game, and my overall impression was that it was far too easy...ball times on this are ridiculously long!

I'm not alone in this view...I was playing it at the event held for the UK pinball league finals, and everyone agreed the ball times were too long....the settings were even changed to make it as hard as possible after one guy played for over 90 mins on one credit, and it was after this that I played it on supposedly hard settings - the ball just doesn't drain.
UK competitions will not use new sterns for finals for this very reason...a good player can last forever on them, making the finals go on for days...a shame as it was always traditional to use the "new" machine for the final, as it was a good leveller, with no-one "knowing" the machine beforehand.

The fact that modern Sterns are too easy means I can see is why they are not making enough money on location...ok, the guys that were playing this at the weekend were not your "casual" player...but, for the pinhead there's nothing that draws you back to it for another go, no challenge. If a total novice can play for 10 mins+ they're hardly going to pump loads of cash into it...and if someone with any half-decent level of skill has to play for 1/2 hour to get to "complete" the game they're also going to get bored by it.

Overall, a big disapointment to me...though I don't like the theme either, a tv program I never watch.

Sorry to be so negative,
Dan.

Sounds like the game wasnt adjusted right for short ball times to me. Whoever adjusted it so didnt take rubbers or posts out it seems. Adjustments to game settings sounds like an issue also. Of course that is given that the software in the new game supports it.

Sounds like the game wasnt adjusted right for short ball times to me. Whoever adjusted it so didnt take rubbers or posts out it seems. Adjustments to game settings sounds like an issue also. Of course that is given that the software in the new game supports it.
Maybe, but I doubt it. I've found the same on all the recent Sterns...my first game on POTC lasted about 30 mins, 1st game on Spiderman must have been 20+ mins...really surprised me for a Steve Richie game, they're normally so fast it takes several games to be able to judge shots & look at the dmd for further clues.

I can't remember the full context, but I'm sure I read something about Stern thinking that a total novice should be entitled to about a 3.5 min game time, and that this is one of their primary concerns with new designs. If that's the case, it's no wonder someone with skill can last forever...compare 3.5 min novice game time to what you'd expect to see with a novice playing previous Steve Richie games, STTNG, or Getaway; effectively you've got to be a half decent player to get that length of game on those! It's the challenge that keeps you coming back for more. Getting a multiball every 20 seconds, is just no fun...you may as well play with the glass off.

Just my 2p worth.
Dan.

did they up the level / slope of the game?

did they up the level / slope of the game?
Don't know. I only played it once.
But we are talking here about people that set up games for the uk pinball finals, have more than 40 machines set up, are renowned for being the best players and repairers of pinballs in the uk...when you're in discussion with these people, and they say they have set the machine to hard, I believe them fully.

Anyway...I'm not saying the game played slowly...it's just easy - same as Potc & spiderman...it could be that they've all been set-up poorly, but I don't ever remember coming across new bally/wms, or data east/sega, games and thinking these are way too easy, or having 20-30 min games on my first go.

Maybe I've just got far too good :D

Regards,
Dan.

Actually, though I am rather good, I did play for 3 hours or so on a brand new out of box Scared Stiff, newly sited at the local Timezone....a buzz to be sure with the lunchtime crowd all around watching me woop that gal... ;)

Getting a multiball every 20 seconds, is just no fun...you may as well play with the glass off.

I haven't seen the machine yet, but It was the same with Sega's ID4. The multiballs were numerous and way too easy. That always kills the game for me, that and when a game has excessive randomization on Mystery targets and eject holes, especially when you're trying for the extra ball and it just doesn't post. I like objectives like Extra Ball or Special that I have to work toward in some kind of logical order.

Don't know. I only played it once.
But we are talking here about people that set up games for the uk pinball finals, have more than 40 machines set up, are renowned for being the best players and repairers of pinballs in the uk...when you're in discussion with these people, and they say they have set the machine to hard, I believe them fully.

Anyway...I'm not saying the game played slowly...it's just easy - same as Potc & spiderman...it could be that they've all been set-up poorly, but I don't ever remember coming across new bally/wms, or data east/sega, games and thinking these are way too easy, or having 20-30 min games on my first go.

Maybe I've just got far too good :D

Regards,
Dan.
I once play new stren game it was Potc or spiderman in a
tournament and got a lot fast outline drains as well as a high tilt setting.

TEST!

Dang bout time this accepted, Hate new games that dish out M-Ball after mball. Hope future software stops it.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Damonogy48 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back